I think the problem with us trying to analyze their decisions is that they know their sales numbers and obviously know when the plan on releasing various models, etc.  I don't have a problem with... Ver más...
I think the problem with us trying to analyze their decisions is that they know their sales numbers and obviously know when the plan on releasing various models, etc.  I don't have a problem with a touchscreen (Storm 2), traditional business (Tour 2 or Bold), consumer (Curve), +/- flip model and think it makes it easier for the average person to decide.  Kind of like Apple simplifying their computers to Mac Pro, iMac, and Mini for desktops, and MacBooks and MacBook Pros.  But the real problem I see is their OS is lagging behind the competition.  They can only hold on to the "world's greatest email" for so long until somebody surpasses them.  Everyone knows the web on a BB is painful and the Webkit browser should have been released a long time ago.  I've never heard of memory leaks on an iPhone, Android, or Palm device.  And across the board, if you take the same phone, there are multiple different "official" OS's depending on the carrier--why?  They've had the same basic OS for years, why can't it be stable?  I am upgrade eligible but my contract ends in a few months.  I am an Apple fanboy, but don't like AT&T in my area, nor do I like the fact that they're unbundling data ($30/month) and texting ($20/month).  So I'm just waiting to see what comes out in the next few months.  Any chance the Storm 3 is out by then? - just kidding
I'm running 5.0 from Sprint on my Tour and haven't run across any problems.  You do need to remove the vendor.xml file before loading (and just remember to back up your data first!).  This went s... Ver más...
I'm running 5.0 from Sprint on my Tour and haven't run across any problems.  You do need to remove the vendor.xml file before loading (and just remember to back up your data first!).  This went smoother with the AppLoader rather than the Desktop Manager, but Crackberry has all of the details in the forums.  In my opinion, the trackball problem is worse than no 5.0.  I just replaced mine and it works like it should have in the first place.
We're heading there in a couple of weeks so I'll report back on the coverage.  My plan is to disable the data while roaming and stick to voice only ($1.99/min) while there.  Otherwise the data co... Ver más...
We're heading there in a couple of weeks so I'll report back on the coverage.  My plan is to disable the data while roaming and stick to voice only ($1.99/min) while there.  Otherwise the data could really add up.  This seems more reasonable for a short stay (1 week) compared to buying a local SIM card because it is $89 (with $20 credit) and it only drops outgoing calls to the US to $1.32 peak and $1.14 off peak.  There is texting but I don't think it would be worth it for me.
I'll second TallGuy's suggestion, use dump pocketmac and use blackberry's software.  I sync a Curve, Tour, and Storm with it and have used it to transfer info to new phones without any problems s... Ver más...
I'll second TallGuy's suggestion, use dump pocketmac and use blackberry's software.  I sync a Curve, Tour, and Storm with it and have used it to transfer info to new phones without any problems so far.
Now besides from having my trackball acting up a little, I have a Tour and had two software problems creep up.  Without explanation, my phone stopped recognizing country codes and I had to pick U... Ver más...
Now besides from having my trackball acting up a little, I have a Tour and had two software problems creep up.  Without explanation, my phone stopped recognizing country codes and I had to pick United States from a drop-down menu every time I made a call.  Now I tried to change the Smart Dialing preference, but it wouldn't save.  I did do a battery pull and it has only come back once, but it is getting annoying.  More annoying is the change in my ringtones.  I prefer to use two ringtones, one for calls and one for texts.  Also without explanation, all of my ringtones were reset to Ringer_ClassicPhone for calls and BBPro_Sanguine for messages.  This over-rides my choices in my Normal profile.  I don't want to go through and change the Custom RIng Tones/Alerts for every single contact (I have over 200).  This is the only work-around of which I know but my hope is that someone here comes up with a fix but I'm also watching Crackberry to for answers.  BTW, I'm using 4.7.1.61, not any type of hybrid.  Any ideas would be appreciated!