Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,630 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

JOG0277's Posts

The Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Is arguably  The Best ALL-Around Phone Samsung has Ever Made!!...It comes with a 6.6 inch screen, 128gigs of storage, IP-68 Water Resistance, 6gigs of RAM, 5G Compatib... See more...
The Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Is arguably  The Best ALL-Around Phone Samsung has Ever Made!!...It comes with a 6.6 inch screen, 128gigs of storage, IP-68 Water Resistance, 6gigs of RAM, 5G Compatibility and (My Favorite!!); a REPLACABLE BATTERY!!...All with a price tag of Approximately $500!! This phone is only currently available overseas; not in the USA.  Rumor has it, this phone will be released in the USA very soon; hopefully Verizon moves fast and gets this phone ASAP!! Your Opinions / Thoughts on This phone... Secure, Durable and Built For the Modern Enterprise: Meet the New Galaxy XCover6 Pro – Samsung Global Newsroom https://news.samsung.com/global/secure-durable-and-built-for-the-modern-enterprise-meet-the-new-galaxy-xcover6-pro
LOL!!...It was a simple question....No need to get Defensive...My mistake, I guess I'm not allowed to ask a question.... "And I don't see any tips or suggestions from you about my topic." I believe... See more...
LOL!!...It was a simple question....No need to get Defensive...My mistake, I guess I'm not allowed to ask a question.... "And I don't see any tips or suggestions from you about my topic." I believe I already answered your above qoute.  In my previous post, I stated that there probably wasnt any "REAL PRACTICAL ADVANTAGE" for using an Iphone over an Android Phone (other than personal preference).  I also asked you if your issue was with the Samsung Phone itself or with the Android Software.  Then I stated to you that if your issue was with the Samsung phone itself; I provided you with the cheaper alternative of buying another Android phone such as: Google Pixel or LG (G8X Thin-Q)....And, based on your last response, it seems that your issue was with the Samsung Phone itself...
I'm curious....What made you switch from 13 years of using an Samsung/Android device to Apple? Android Phones allow it's users administrative control of it's software features while Apple does not...... See more...
I'm curious....What made you switch from 13 years of using an Samsung/Android device to Apple? Android Phones allow it's users administrative control of it's software features while Apple does not.......Other than a few cute novelty phone tricks, you probably won't find any REAL PRACTICAL ADVANTAGE for using an Iphone. I'm not sure if you reason for switching brands, was due to an issue with Samsung Tech or an issue with Android software.  If your issue was with Samsung Tech, did you consider purchasing a new phone from a different Android Manufacturer such as: Google or LG?
Comparison of: LG G8X Thin-Q vs New Samsung Galaxy Flip-Z. The Galaxy Z-Flip costs $1400 while the LG  G8X only costs $900 (with Dual Screen Attachment)...The specs on both phones are very similiar ... See more...
Comparison of: LG G8X Thin-Q vs New Samsung Galaxy Flip-Z. The Galaxy Z-Flip costs $1400 while the LG  G8X only costs $900 (with Dual Screen Attachment)...The specs on both phones are very similiar except for LG having a better camera and battery, while the Galaxy Z-Flip lacks EXPANDABLE STORAGE....The G8X is still the Better phone for the money!! LG G8X ThinQ vs Samsung Galaxy Z Flip - specs comparison - PhoneArena https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G8X-ThinQ,Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Flip/phones/11221,11320  
Comparison of:  LG G8X Thin-Q vs New Samsung Galaxy Flip-Z. The Samsung costs $1400 while the LG only costs $900...The specs on both phones are almost identical except for: The LG phone having a bet... See more...
Comparison of:  LG G8X Thin-Q vs New Samsung Galaxy Flip-Z. The Samsung costs $1400 while the LG only costs $900...The specs on both phones are almost identical except for: The LG phone having a better camera, and the Samsung phone not having EXPANDABLE STORAGE ....The LG Phone is still the Better phone for the money!! LG G8X ThinQ vs Samsung Galaxy Z Flip - specs comparison - PhoneArena https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G8X-ThinQ,Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Flip/phones/11221,11320  
https://www.vox.com/2017/12/22/16807056/apple-slow-iphone-batteries Dear mama23dogs: Udates are not always a supposed Good Thing.  Do you remember the Iphone Scandle of 2017?...Which involved Apple ... See more...
https://www.vox.com/2017/12/22/16807056/apple-slow-iphone-batteries Dear mama23dogs: Udates are not always a supposed Good Thing.  Do you remember the Iphone Scandle of 2017?...Which involved Apple manipulating their software updates which caused the batteries on older iPhones to charge slowly.  This tactic caused iphone users to become frustrated with slow charging of their older iphones and made them buy newer iPhones.  See attached Link for info.. I haven't used any of the older model LG phones.  But I can tell you that the V20 (released in 2016) is an AMAZING Phone and is comparable to current phones on the market today.  The Samsung Galaxy Fold and The LG G8X Thin-Q are only current phones that I would consider trading in my V20 for...Since I wasn't paying $2000 for a Galaxy Fold, i opted to buy The G8X Thin-Q on sale for $700 I still don't really understand your issue with LG Phones...But you previously stated that you've owned every model of Google Pixel Phone...Just letting you know that the Google Pixel 2XL was designed and created by LG.  Google is software manufacturer and doesn't design their own phones. I can see that you like The Pixel and One Plus Phones, but in my opinion...Any android phone that doesnt have expandle storage is Utterly USELESS!!  If I wanted a phone without expandable storage, then I'd buy an IPhone.  Now you and others my argue that you can still store you info in the cloud.  But what if you're in a Dead Zone and have no cellular service or Internet; how do you get access to the cloud?!?  Theyre also security concerns with the cloud.  What if there's a Data Breach and your personal photos and documents get leaked to the Internet.  If you had a phone with expandable storage, you personal info would be saved on an SD Card; therefore avoiding the issues I stated. As I stated earlier, this my personal opinion on The Pixel and One Plus Phones...If my concerns aren't an issue for you....Then, feel free to continue buying those phone...  
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.easy4u.ncleaner As I said before, LG V20 is last Flagship Phone with a removable battery, due to that feature not being profitable for phone manufact... See more...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.easy4u.ncleaner As I said before, LG V20 is last Flagship Phone with a removable battery, due to that feature not being profitable for phone manufacturers.....While I won't go as far as you, and call any phone without a removable battery a Brick...I do understand your issue.. Not sure why ignoring updates, is such a big deal for you; I've been doing it for years, with no problem.  Whenever I see the popup notification for a software update: I simply ignore it.  But if that doesn't work for you, you can go to the Google Playstore and download "Notification Blocker".  This app will block any notification you choose, from poping up on your phone .....See attached Link Above..
The Link you posted is almost 2 years old....A Lot can happen in that time frame.. I'm curious...What make a model cell phones do you currently own?
https://www.techspot.com/products/smartphones/lg-v20.150649/ "seriously LG is junk before it gets any updates" I'm not really sure what your problem is with LG Phones, but the The V20 is an AWESOME... See more...
https://www.techspot.com/products/smartphones/lg-v20.150649/ "seriously LG is junk before it gets any updates" I'm not really sure what your problem is with LG Phones, but the The V20 is an AWESOME Phone.....Feel free to click on the above link and read the reviews. If you're interested...LG also makes an Awsome Dual Screen Foldable Phone called the G8X Thin-Q.....Feel Free to Google the Reviews on that phone as well....  
I'm not sure if switching to an: Iphone, One Plus or Pixel; is the best option. #1- If the user is already used to using an Andriod Phone, it may difficult for the user to suddenly make the transiti... See more...
I'm not sure if switching to an: Iphone, One Plus or Pixel; is the best option. #1- If the user is already used to using an Andriod Phone, it may difficult for the user to suddenly make the transition to the Totally Different software of the Iphone. #2-One Plus Phones are made by a Chinese manufacturer.  And the Chinese have a history of STEALING American Technology as well as spying on their phone users.  So it may not be a good idea to buy a One Plus Phone. #3- The Pixel Phone actually seems like the best option, out of the 3 choices.  But Pixel Phones have NO EXPANDABLE STORAGE.  Which means: if the customer  is used to saving: music, documents, pictures and videos on their SD Card; they won't be able to do it, If they purchase a Pixel Phone, because Pixel Phones have no expandable storage. It may be easier for the user to simply not update their current phone.
It's true, updates are forced to you phone by your phone carrier.  But you still have to press the button on your phone to ALLOW the update to download onto your phone.  The Answer is Simple.....Don'... See more...
It's true, updates are forced to you phone by your phone carrier.  But you still have to press the button on your phone to ALLOW the update to download onto your phone.  The Answer is Simple.....Don't Press The Button!....And you won't get the Update!
Manufacturers are no longer making Flagship Phones with removable batteries, because they learned from Apple, that creating phones with removable batteries decrease their phone sales and profits, bec... See more...
Manufacturers are no longer making Flagship Phones with removable batteries, because they learned from Apple, that creating phones with removable batteries decrease their phone sales and profits, because consumers will tend to keep their old phones longer if they can simply replace the battery when it goes bad as opposed to buying a new phone. The Good News is, a you can still purchase a Verizon Unlocked Version of the LG V20 on Amazon.com for $349.  The V20 is A GREAT Phone!!... And it's The last Flagship phone with a removable battery.  
I own an LG V20, and sadly...That is The LAST Flagship phone that will be made with a removable battery.  Manufacturers have learned from Apple, that creating phones with removable batteries decrease... See more...
I own an LG V20, and sadly...That is The LAST Flagship phone that will be made with a removable battery.  Manufacturers have learned from Apple, that creating phones with removable batteries decrease their phone sales and profits, because consumers tend to keep their old phones longer if they can simply replace the battery when it goes bad as opposed to buying a new phone. The current issues you're experiencing with updating your phone software are THE EXACT Reason why I NEVER do any phone updates.  I will occasionally update my phone app software, but I NEVER update my phone's Operational Software.  Because updates almost always cause some type of aggravating technical issue. My advice to you; purchase a Verizon Unlocked LG V20 (Great Phone!!) at Amazon.com for $349, and NEVER do another OS Upate....Again!!  Android 7.0/Nougat works perfectly.  I've been using mine for years now with No: Malware, Hacking or any other issues....Hope This Helps..
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Verizon-needs-an-ANSWER-4-The-Samsung-Galaxy-Fold/m-p/1144900/highlight/false#M126878   I recently bought The LG G8X Thin-Q UNLOCKED.....And... See more...
https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Verizon-needs-an-ANSWER-4-The-Samsung-Galaxy-Fold/m-p/1144900/highlight/false#M126878   I recently bought The LG G8X Thin-Q UNLOCKED.....And I have to say, it's an Amazing Phone!!  And, the UNLOCKED Version works perfectly on the Verizon Network.  I wrote a very informative review on this device.  Click on the attached link above, to read my review on this device.        
My Review of The LG G8X Thing-Q This is The Best Dual Screen Phone for the Money!!...It's way cheaper than paying $2000 for a Samsung Galaxy Fold. Plus, this phone gives users the option of attachin... See more...
My Review of The LG G8X Thing-Q This is The Best Dual Screen Phone for the Money!!...It's way cheaper than paying $2000 for a Samsung Galaxy Fold. Plus, this phone gives users the option of attaching & detaching the Dual Screen & switching from Dual Screen mode to Regular Single Screen Mode; the Galaxy Fold doesn't offer this option, but it costs twice as much. This phone is The Best AFFORDABLE & Practical Alternative to the Galaxy Fold. This phone is a Multi-tasker's Dream, I was able to watch a movie on the Dual Screen while simultaneously checking my emails on the main screen. Also, the Unlocked Version works PERFECTLY on the Verizon Network!! The phone comes standard with: 6.4 inch Screen, 1080p Resolution on Main Screen, 128g of Internal Storage. The only Minor Issue I have with this phone, is that the screen resolution on the Dual Screen isn't the same 1080p as the main screen, which makes images viewed on the Dual Screen less vibrant than the images viewed on the main screen. PROS 6.4 Inch Screen 1080p Resolution on Main Screen 128g Internal Storage 6gigs of Ram Easy to Use Dual Screen Attachment CONS Dual Screen Resolution isn't 1080p No Real Adequate Protective Case for Dual Screen Attachment Currently this phone is on sale for the holidays for $700, and I urge everyone to get it before the sale ends and the price jumps back to $989!!
GOOD NEWS!!....On 11/29/2019 I purchased the LG G8X Thin-Q Unlocked, at Bestbuy for $699.99 ($250 discount)!!  I haven't had the time to set it up yet, due to work and Christmas Shopping, but I can't... See more...
GOOD NEWS!!....On 11/29/2019 I purchased the LG G8X Thin-Q Unlocked, at Bestbuy for $699.99 ($250 discount)!!  I haven't had the time to set it up yet, due to work and Christmas Shopping, but I can't wait to turn it on; will try to give you guys an in depth review of this phone, once I'm done playing around with it. Curious; has any other Verizon Customers purchased this phone?  I just want to know your thoughts/opinions on this device...Please Feel Free to Share...
Instead of waiting around on Verizon; why not just buy the Unlocked version of this phone?
According to LG, the Unlocked G8X Thin-Q is compatible with the Verizon Network.  If you check the reviews of this phone on the Amazon and BestBuy sites, there are Verizon Subscribers that already bo... See more...
According to LG, the Unlocked G8X Thin-Q is compatible with the Verizon Network.  If you check the reviews of this phone on the Amazon and BestBuy sites, there are Verizon Subscribers that already bought this phone, and they have no issues.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-g8x-thinq-with-128gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6389140.p?skuId=6389140   Currently, The LG G8X is an exclusive phone which is only being sold by AT&T and Spri... See more...
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-g8x-thinq-with-128gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6389140.p?skuId=6389140   Currently, The LG G8X is an exclusive phone which is only being sold by AT&T and Sprint.  As usual, AT&T always manages to stay one step ahead of Verizon by having EXCLUSIVE DEALS on the 2 HOTTEST ANDROID PHONES on the market today; The Samsung Galaxy Fold and The LG G8X. The good news is, you can purchase the LG G8X UNLOCKED (Verizon Compatible) On Sale at BestBuy for $699.99.  I've been researching this phone for the past few weeks and I'm very impressed with the Specs.  This phone is definitely the BEST OPTION against paying $2000 for an UNLOCKED Version of the Samsung Galaxy Fold. See the attached link above for more info on the LG G8X on Sale at BestBuy.    
Unfortunately if you scroll to the bottom of the LG G8-X Link, It says the G8-X will only be available on AT&T and Sprint...The good news is you can still buy this phone UNLOCKED, the bad news is: Wh... See more...
Unfortunately if you scroll to the bottom of the LG G8-X Link, It says the G8-X will only be available on AT&T and Sprint...The good news is you can still buy this phone UNLOCKED, the bad news is: While UNLOCKED Phones are great, because they don't have any Gig-Hogging Bloatware from the Carrier....Unlocked phones almost NEVER receive any updates from carriers....This is the Carrier's way of punishing the purchaser for not buying the phone thru them.... So BEWARE...