Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,256 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Coachbulldog's Posts

I'm not sure when it is going to be released but from everything I've read online it is going to be a top of the line BlackBerry. I'm a Storm 1 user and was planning on using my upgrade next mont... See more...
I'm not sure when it is going to be released but from everything I've read online it is going to be a top of the line BlackBerry. I'm a Storm 1 user and was planning on using my upgrade next month on the Storm 2, but I'm going to hold off for now to see what the new Tour/Bold is like.
  MorganB wrote: Have you tried to go to blackberry.com download and install Media Sync SEPARATELY from the desktop manager? This might let you load your Storm 2 with your itunes music along... See more...
  MorganB wrote: Have you tried to go to blackberry.com download and install Media Sync SEPARATELY from the desktop manager? This might let you load your Storm 2 with your itunes music along with other music directly.     Incorrect advice. It isn't necessary to download Media Sync separately from Desktop Manager.   Connect the Storm to your computer and make sure "enable mass storage" is turned on From Desktop Manager, go to the "media sync" screen. A screen will appear giving you several choices; V Cast Music with Rhapsody, Media Manager, and BlackBerry Media Sync.Click on the BlackBerry Media Sync Launch button. A screen will appear while the computer recognizes the phone is connected to it. When the phone connects to your computer a screen will appear showing the iTunes play lists. Click on the ones you want to sync.   I use Desktop Manager daily to sync podcasts I've downloaded with iTunes and it works flawlessly.
  tenaciousg wrote: seriously.......tired of all the hype......give us a release date   The speculation and hype surrounding the Tour 2 is exactly what happened with the Storm 2. A lot ... See more...
  tenaciousg wrote: seriously.......tired of all the hype......give us a release date   The speculation and hype surrounding the Tour 2 is exactly what happened with the Storm 2. A lot of folks set themselves up for constant disappointment because they got caught up on all the chatter on message boards and blogs. For BlackBerry users that like the traditional BlackBerry style handset, the Tour 2 looks like it is going to be a good phone. The wifi should be a huge plus. The only disappointment I've heard (from the rumors) is that it will have the same OS as the current Tour. Hopefully an upgrade will be available soon.  
Is your handset a Storm 1 or Storm 2? Did you get the Storm new from Verizon or did you buy a second hand one? If you got the phone from Verizon I would take into the store and tell them what is ... See more...
Is your handset a Storm 1 or Storm 2? Did you get the Storm new from Verizon or did you buy a second hand one? If you got the phone from Verizon I would take into the store and tell them what is going on. I've never heard of problems like the ones your are experiencing. If you purchased it second hand, I would call the seller and demand your money back.
I was browsing the MLB.com mobile website today and noticed that for the 2010 seaso there is going to be an MLB at Bat app for the BlackBerry Storm 2. This is great news for Storm 2 owners that a... See more...
I was browsing the MLB.com mobile website today and noticed that for the 2010 seaso there is going to be an MLB at Bat app for the BlackBerry Storm 2. This is great news for Storm 2 owners that are baseball fans!   MLB.com Mobile
First thing to do is see what applications are running the in background. Hold down the BlackBerry button and a small retangle box will appear showing the applications that are currently in use. ... See more...
First thing to do is see what applications are running the in background. Hold down the BlackBerry button and a small retangle box will appear showing the applications that are currently in use. Some of the apps are always running: Phone, BB Messenger (if installed), Home, Browser, and Messages. If other apps you are not using are still running, close them. See if that helps open up some memory.   Many believe just exiting an app closes it. However, if you don't close/exit from apps such as viigo or ScoreMobile your memory is going to be eaten up by them.
I really like my Storm 1 and was going to upgrade to the Storm 2 in February. If there is a Storm 3 I hope it does NOT include a slider keyboard.
  drvalsalva wrote: I paid the 300 for the storm 1.. it hardly works... the upgrade sent says that there is not enough memory.. so I took off all my songs, pics, and contacts... still not en... See more...
  drvalsalva wrote: I paid the 300 for the storm 1.. it hardly works... the upgrade sent says that there is not enough memory.. so I took off all my songs, pics, and contacts... still not enough.. the camera doesnt work.. and now they are giving them away for 50 bucks. my hospitial called me and it was tooooo much for the phone to handle , so it locked up and I missed the call.. my pt didnt do so well. thanks blackberry .. so i go to the store to tell them my problem.. they acted like I was the jerk and basicly told me to go go eat it or buy a new phone .. **bleep** man.. is this the service we get. I doubt that anyone from verizon will read about this but my local news channel has done over 3 storied about verizon ( my dad is a news anchor there) her he will be covering this story as well.. hope verizon has a good excuse ready.     Did you buy your Storm 1 from a Verizon store for $300 or from a third party?  
  LCromwell wrote: MS just lost a huge law suit about its packaging windows OS  with IE. Too me its like buying a pair of shoes but being told you cannot supply the laces. The people need to... See more...
  LCromwell wrote: MS just lost a huge law suit about its packaging windows OS  with IE. Too me its like buying a pair of shoes but being told you cannot supply the laces. The people need to be free to choose their own laces. Same thing here. I do not want another search engine being forced on me. I prefer Googles search engine. I even installed BING and removed it a few days later because I didn't like it. I think Verizon is looking at a huge class action here if they continue to force people to use BING. Wrong on so many levels.     I understand your point and I agree that corporate America forcing their products on consumers is wrong on several levels. I also don't like it that someone, Verizon, Microsoft, and/or RIM is taking away the ability for me to choose my default search engine from the Go To page. But no one, not Microsoft , not Verizon, and not RIM is telling anyone they have to use bing. If you want to use Google Search you can either download the "Quick Search with Google" app from the BlackBerry App World or set Google as your default homepage when you load your browser.    Using your example, only one pair of laces come with a new pair of shoes. The shoe company isn't forcing you to wear those laces, they are only the default ones. If you want to use other laces, go to the store and buy different ones.
  Blackjeep wrote: I am extremely irritated that my previous search methods have suddenly disappeared and Bing has appeared on my Storm.  Judging by all the other posts, looks like most ever... See more...
  Blackjeep wrote: I am extremely irritated that my previous search methods have suddenly disappeared and Bing has appeared on my Storm.  Judging by all the other posts, looks like most everyone is, as well... however, when I went into the applications menu, it does not appear I can delete this app.    I've also noted that other mystery apps have appeared on my phone (YouTube, Slacker Radio, and "My Verizon") and have  no idea where they came from (one obviously came from Verizon).  None of these were originally on the phone when I got it and have magically appeared either overnight or with an OS "update."  I have not authorized their installation and I want them gone, as they are eating up system memory and slowing down my phone.  I'm about as irritated as I can be and still retain Verizon as my proivder.    How do i delete these things and get my search engine (Google) back???     The icons you see on your phone are not apps but only launchers that will take your through the process of downloading and installing the apps. The launchers cannot be deleted but you can hide them. I put the unused ones like bing, Yahoo! Messenger, etc.. into a folder title VZW Apps and then hide the entire folder.   If you want Google search, you can download the "Quick Search with Google" app from App World. One click and it launches straight to Google mobile search.   I wouldn't rule all of the apps as useless though. Slacker Radio is one of the most used apps on my Storm.
  LCromwell wrote: bshpmark wrote: Okay, verizon.  What is the idea of suddenly removing search providers from our Blackberry browser and leaving us with only BING?  Absolutely ridiculou... See more...
  LCromwell wrote: bshpmark wrote: Okay, verizon.  What is the idea of suddenly removing search providers from our Blackberry browser and leaving us with only BING?  Absolutely ridiculous! Do you have BING installed on your BB? If so that maybe why. I have 5.0 Storm 1 and I have Google as my search engine. I also have access to Live Search, Wikipedia,and Dictionary.com. I had installed BING and never looked to see if it changed my search engine, but later deleted it from my Apps list.   I have a Storm 1, just did a battery pull, and I still have Google as my search engine and all of the other choices mentioned in the drop down menu. Based on all the discussion that is going on in the forums at Crackberry.com and the BlackBerry.com the issue is wide spread but it seems some BlackBerry users are not having to deal with it.  
As the officials say in the NFL, "upon further review..." I reinstalled Viiago and decided to give it a second chance. I am very glad I did. The up to date news, weather, sports, traffic, etc.. a... See more...
As the officials say in the NFL, "upon further review..." I reinstalled Viiago and decided to give it a second chance. I am very glad I did. The up to date news, weather, sports, traffic, etc.. are outstanding. The podcasts with automatic updates is convenient although the Viiago media player is not high quality. Overall, I would grade this app a solid B+ and I use it several times each day.
I used to use an LG Voyager and the monthly fee for some apps was very frustrating. I'm curious, does Verizon still charge a monthly fee for the apps on phones like the EnV and Dare?
Storm 1   Apps   App News NBA Game Time ScoreMobile Facebook Slacker Radio Stitcher Nobex Radio Companion CrackBerry App Store Google Sync   Launchers MLB.com ESPN CrackBerry  
I had it for a few days but uninstalled it. I found simpler and more convenient to use other apps and launchers for things like news, weather, sports, and podcasts than Viigo.
I know there are a lot of rumors about what the Storm 2 is going to have and I'm sure it is going to be a fine phone. But when it is released I am going to purchase a second hand Storm 1. There h... See more...
I know there are a lot of rumors about what the Storm 2 is going to have and I'm sure it is going to be a fine phone. But when it is released I am going to purchase a second hand Storm 1. There have been many improvements in the OS since its release and from everything I read it is now a solid phone. I am due for an upgrade July 2010 and by that time the bugs should be worked out of the Storm 2 and Verizon should have some of the other rumored smart phones available.
I'm a baseball fan and used ScoreMobile all summer. Now that football season is here, it is invaluable in keeping up with the NFL games, especially when sitting in church on Sunday    
I am not familar with the workings of the Storm but if you used Paypal to make your payment for the ebay purchase you should be able to get your money back if the phone is defective. If you are s... See more...
I am not familar with the workings of the Storm but if you used Paypal to make your payment for the ebay purchase you should be able to get your money back if the phone is defective. If you are sure it is a phone issue, I would contact Paypal and begin that process.  
congratulations! i'm glad that you are happy with your phone! ... however, i'm not you and i use my phone in different ways than you do. so saying that there isn't anything else on your phone tha... See more...
congratulations! i'm glad that you are happy with your phone! ... however, i'm not you and i use my phone in different ways than you do. so saying that there isn't anything else on your phone that you want to use that is currently crippled is comparing apples and oranges.   I'm sorry if my post came across like I was being critical of those that say Verizon cripples phones. My question was sincere, I really wanted to know. Until I started reading forums like this I had no idea that Verizon limited the functions of their phones.
I am a BlackBerry Curve user and everytime someone brings up Verizon "crippling phones" bluetooth is the first, almost only, item mentioned. I believe we can stipulate that Verizon cripples the b... See more...
I am a BlackBerry Curve user and everytime someone brings up Verizon "crippling phones" bluetooth is the first, almost only, item mentioned. I believe we can stipulate that Verizon cripples the bluetooth function on BlackBerry handsets. My question is this, what other features does Verizon "cripple"? I have been using my Curve for several months now and haven't found anything else I want to do on my phone that I cannot.