Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,843 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

rlmoon's Posts

A 'wap encoding error" has NOTHING to do with being on the internet!!!  WAP stands for "Wireless Application Protocol". It is a variation of XML standardization within W3C.   ..... When you SEN... See more...
A 'wap encoding error" has NOTHING to do with being on the internet!!!  WAP stands for "Wireless Application Protocol". It is a variation of XML standardization within W3C.   ..... When you SEND and EMAIL to "phone-number@vzwpix.com" that has a pic/riingtone attached, you will get and EMAIL response message from the Verizon "MMSC NDR Administrator" that states as follows;   Message could not be delivered to mobile. Error: Wap Encoding Error   Numerious internet sites indicate that Verizon is "Blocking" emails being sent to Verizon phones that go through ".vzwpix.com" that have pic/ringtone attachments!!  While verizon does not seem to come right out and make this statement, the proff is in the pudding!!   RESPONDERS    ...... if your are just "guessing", and don't really have a solution, or valid test that might lead to a solution, please keep your "guesses' to yourself!!   Thanks in advance for any help!     PS: I still am getting the "wap error" on lots of emails to a verizon phone through vzwpix.com, but SOME have actually been delivered to my phone and I can actually save the attached ringtone. I'm trying to narrow down what makes some emails suceed and others fail.        
... as specifically mentioned in my origional message, this has NOTHING to do with a website or access to a website. It has ONLY to do with sending an email to a verizone phone which has pic/ring... See more...
... as specifically mentioned in my origional message, this has NOTHING to do with a website or access to a website. It has ONLY to do with sending an email to a verizone phone which has pic/ringtone capability.   Responders .... Please READ the origional problem BEFORE responding with assistnace. I have made some progress and have been able to ocassionally send an MP3 file to my verizon phone and save it as a ringtone. I'm trying to duplicate a sucessful process and will post the results if anyone is interested.   Thanks in advance for any help
I have a new Verizon phone. When I try to send an email with an attachment (pic or MP3) to my phone using VZWPIX I get a "wap encoding error". I am using the correct email format (phone-number@vz... See more...
I have a new Verizon phone. When I try to send an email with an attachment (pic or MP3) to my phone using VZWPIX I get a "wap encoding error". I am using the correct email format (phone-number@vzwpix.com) and I am using Outlook on my PC. The salesperson at the Verizon store said I can send emails to my phone. What is this "wap error" and how can I send emails to my phone?    I have searched lots of internet-boards and there seems to be no real solution to this, but lots of complaints about Verizon that they are intentiionally blocking this industry-standard service and feature.   Thanks in advance for any help on this.