Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,839 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

mrbrooks418's Posts

And rebuild is what they did......
My pre-ordered Note 7 is in the store, I went to pick it up yesterday and they wont release it to me. I wonder how that works. They had no answer for me. Said they would be in touch. So mad, If I... See more...
My pre-ordered Note 7 is in the store, I went to pick it up yesterday and they wont release it to me. I wonder how that works. They had no answer for me. Said they would be in touch. So mad, If I would went into the store to pick it up a day earlier, I would of at least had it and waited patiently like the rest for the replacement.
I had the same problem. Purchased 4/13/16. The store submitted the submission, and told me to look out for the rebate card in 6 to 8 weeks. so at about 6 weeks i called Verizon to check on the st... See more...
I had the same problem. Purchased 4/13/16. The store submitted the submission, and told me to look out for the rebate card in 6 to 8 weeks. so at about 6 weeks i called Verizon to check on the status of the card. They told me it was never submitted and now it was 30 days past purchase and i was out of luck. I went back to the store to fight with them. At first they tried saying I was suppose to submit it. I reminded them of my conversation with him and what we did when I purchased then like a week later he admitted that there was a lot of problems with the BOGO promotion and it was even worse because it wasn't a Verizon promo but a 3rd party thing. we sent repeated submissions and got declined. finally he communicated with someone through a chat site at Verizon, which promised and email in 5 days about a resolution. 10 days came and went and no email. So went back and he communicated with them again, and got emial next day saying approved. received card in mail 1 week later.(Yesterday) Was so excited because i was going to pay of a line and get the Note 7 we pre-ordered 2 weeks earlier, but now I cant get the phone. Even though it is there in the store, with my name on it. The recall has stopped all sales and activations of the Note 7. Bottom line is I got resolved, but took like 5 months.
I understand what you are saying but, changing a battery on a car is a lot less intrusive than on a fragile sealed glass phone . I don't understand why it was not isolated to a certain lot of pho... See more...
I understand what you are saying but, changing a battery on a car is a lot less intrusive than on a fragile sealed glass phone . I don't understand why it was not isolated to a certain lot of phones. Like by IMEI or serial numbers. Why blanket the recall to all units. Ford just had a recall on their diesel Transit vans like 2 weeks ago. Simple fuel pump swap fixes it (under $1,000 and like 2 hours work). Now if it goes unfixed, at any time the fuel pump fails and introduces metal shaving throughout the fuel system. Now the entire fuel system, pumps, injectors fuel lines and all needs to get replaced ($15,000 and 15 hours work). They discovered it and sent a bulletin a year after the trucks were sold, and the build dates spread over like a 8 month period. But they new exactly which units we affected by the vin numbers. It should be that simple for them. You don't think they are going to toss all of the defective phones out. They will rebuild them. And if they for some reason isolate the affected phones, they will request phones that customers did not want to part with or voluntarily swap out. They will be very concerned with possible lawsuits / liability of personal injury or property damage.
I know its only been out for a few weeks. But if you think about it they are claiming on the web site that they are out of stock. Who is to say they are not taking the entire on hand inventory (a... See more...
I know its only been out for a few weeks. But if you think about it they are claiming on the web site that they are out of stock. Who is to say they are not taking the entire on hand inventory (and received recalled units) and refurbishing them with new batteries.
I had pre-ordered a Note 7 and went to pick it up at the store today. They told me even though it is mine, I could not have it and they couldn't even activate it even if they wanted to. What is t... See more...
I had pre-ordered a Note 7 and went to pick it up at the store today. They told me even though it is mine, I could not have it and they couldn't even activate it even if they wanted to. What is to happen now? I've waited weeks to get the phone. How long will it take for them to receive a replacement for my order? and will it be a brand new phone or a refurbished phone?