Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,308 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

JOHHAM55's Posts

Yeah, Verizon scammed me as well. During the holidays last year I got the S7 Edge at the $15 rate advertised at Christmas after having to give up my Note 7,  but a few months later my bill kept s... See more...
Yeah, Verizon scammed me as well. During the holidays last year I got the S7 Edge at the $15 rate advertised at Christmas after having to give up my Note 7,  but a few months later my bill kept saying $20. I asked a customer service rep about this on the phone and she got the Corporate Store Manager from the store I bought the phone from on the line. Even after I played the commercial recording for them over the phone they both agreed that I was a liar and that no such promotion existed.
I can tell you what will happen now. Nothing, nothing at all will happen now.Verizon is done and has completely washed their hands of the Note 7 fiasco. These sales are normal for this time of ye... See more...
I can tell you what will happen now. Nothing, nothing at all will happen now.Verizon is done and has completely washed their hands of the Note 7 fiasco. These sales are normal for this time of year but I agree they could have done several things differently . I waited until the new Blue edge came out and ordered one on Black Friday for $20 a month just a couple of weeks ago. I'm OK with that what makes me angry is having to use my "Upgrade" for a "Forced Downgrade"!
So, just for the record then, you are saying that in order to get a box to send back your Note 7 you must have purchased a new phone. So those of us that went back to our old phones will not be g... See more...
So, just for the record then, you are saying that in order to get a box to send back your Note 7 you must have purchased a new phone. So those of us that went back to our old phones will not be getting a box. Got it! Thanks for putting it in writing for the record.
Yet they still haven't sent out boxes to return your DANGEROUS device a month later!
Same hear, I went to the Corporate store and reactivated my old Note and the rep said that a box would be sent to me automatically. Nothing came, so I called Customer service and they said that t... See more...
Same hear, I went to the Corporate store and reactivated my old Note and the rep said that a box would be sent to me automatically. Nothing came, so I called Customer service and they said that they would send a box, nothing came. I was sent a private message here on the forums and had a conversation with a representative about the box a couple of weeks ago, she said a box would be coming. NOTHING HAS COME! I have done MUCH MORE than my part and will not make another call or request. I AM DONE!
Just to follow up. No, the box was never sent.
Ok, please send me a private message for questions on my account.
No one knows. I took back my Note 7 to the Corporate store and reactivated my old Note, but they would not take the Note 7 and said that a box would be sent for it to be returned. It never came. ... See more...
No one knows. I took back my Note 7 to the Corporate store and reactivated my old Note, but they would not take the Note 7 and said that a box would be sent for it to be returned. It never came. I called Verizon Customer Service and they said that a box was never sent but that they would have one sent out. It never came. Apparently there is no hurry for Verizon to get the phones back to Samsung or they would be working on it, so they must have been reimbursed already. If anything happens to yourself or your property Verizon will have a big problem on their hands for not getting those boxes to customers in a timely manner.
Lol, you are too funny! LG STYLO she said!
That statement is not true! Many people in these forums including myself have been turned away by Corporate Stores.
As far as I am concerned I did my part in the Note 7 return process, I'm done. I took it to the Corporate store, they wouldn't take it back, and said they would have a box sent to me, never got i... See more...
As far as I am concerned I did my part in the Note 7 return process, I'm done. I took it to the Corporate store, they wouldn't take it back, and said they would have a box sent to me, never got it. Called Verizon customer service and after being put on hold for 30 minutes was told the Corporate store never requested one. Customer service told me that they would send one, never received it. So, I tried, I am done. My monthly payment was returned, I have my old Note back on my account and will wait until next year for the new Samsung 8 or new Note.
I went to the Corporate store and reactivated my old Note. They would not take back my Note 7 but did say that a box would be sent to me.  It did not happen though so I called Customer service an... See more...
I went to the Corporate store and reactivated my old Note. They would not take back my Note 7 but did say that a box would be sent to me.  It did not happen though so I called Customer service and they said that they did not show that a box was being sent but they took my information and said that they would have one sent. We shall see
Hope this helps some. A corporate store will definitely do more to help you but not all corporate stores will do the same things. I travel 30 miles one way bypassing 2 other Verizon retailers to ... See more...
Hope this helps some. A corporate store will definitely do more to help you but not all corporate stores will do the same things. I travel 30 miles one way bypassing 2 other Verizon retailers to deal with the closet corporate store. Additionally different employees at that same corporate store will tell you different things when providing you customer service.  I see some people in the forums saying that their corporate store let them turn in their Note 7 and others say theirs did not. Mine would not take mine back when I took it in. Best bet would be to call your local corporate store and ask, I  ended up calling customer service instead and had them mail out a box.
No, loyalty was Toyota FIXING every defective acceleration unit for each affected customer! Not taking back that Toyota, forcing you into an inferior Toyota, and then giving you a refund on the o... See more...
No, loyalty was Toyota FIXING every defective acceleration unit for each affected customer! Not taking back that Toyota, forcing you into an inferior Toyota, and then giving you a refund on the original Toyota eventually. Big Difference!
Yeah, it's good that you could do that, I am in the same boat, I went back to an older Note 3 for the time being. Unfortunately for many this is not the case as they traded in their only phone, a... See more...
Yeah, it's good that you could do that, I am in the same boat, I went back to an older Note 3 for the time being. Unfortunately for many this is not the case as they traded in their only phone, and my Note 3 has seen much better days. No, one reason I believe Verizon is purposely overlooking the obvious solution is because they are trying to push out the Google Pixel (no interest here). Being as how I am no longer under a contract I am doing some shopping around, my wife and kids still have a few months on a V10 and 2 iPhone 6's (paying $300+ a month). I can check out the competition and see if it is worth moving everyone to a family plan elsewhere. Verizon has been a fine carrier but this Note 7 business has left a bad taste in my mouth from the first recall and the "first come first serve" episode where they did not take care of the Note 7 people who had pre-ordered before selling out the first shipment of replacements, and now this DOWNGRADE to an UPGRADE business.
Verizon is faced with disgruntled customers due to their inappropriate behavior. This whole fiasco over the Note 7 could have been easily avoided with a little customer consideration. The Note 7 ... See more...
Verizon is faced with disgruntled customers due to their inappropriate behavior. This whole fiasco over the Note 7 could have been easily avoided with a little customer consideration. The Note 7 is the highest priced, most advanced phone on the market but due to a faulty battery it has been recalled. Here is the problem however, Verizon is telling their customers to DOWNGRADE to another phone and forcing them to use their UPGRADE option! How do you UPGRADE from the Note 7? You don't! A simple choose another phone and make payments on it while keeping your UPGRADE in place would have been the proper response to a terrible situation.
I actually don't have a problem. I still have an old Note phone that the Corporate store reactivated for me. I'm just waiting on a box (I'm assuming it is on the way) and waiting to see how Veriz... See more...
I actually don't have a problem. I still have an old Note phone that the Corporate store reactivated for me. I'm just waiting on a box (I'm assuming it is on the way) and waiting to see how Verizon handles the whole thing before deciding if i want to go down the road to a different carrier. I was not impressed with the way Verizon handled the first recall by making us early owners wait while others got the new "Safe" Note 7 on a "first come first serve basis". With my Note 7 I was paying more than $300 a month to Verizon for me and my family, but the Note 7 fiasco made me question our MANY YEARS of loyalty to Verizon. So yes the option of me going to AT&T and then moving the family in a few months is DEFINITELY on the table.
Since you obviously haven't done a "Downgrade" did you contact someone to get a box?
Note 7 users weren't even first to get the New Note 7 after the recall (it was first come first serve remember). If Verizon cared about customer service instead of just making money this could h... See more...
Note 7 users weren't even first to get the New Note 7 after the recall (it was first come first serve remember). If Verizon cared about customer service instead of just making money this could have been handled very simply. If you traded for an existing inventory phone it would NOT be considered an UPGRADE but instead your UPGRADE would remain intact while you paid for the DOWNGRADED phone (How do you UPGRADE from the best, most expensive phone on the market). Then if you decided to trade for a NEW MODEL phone such as the Pixel, V20 etc. then of course it would be considered an UPGRADE. Just seems common sense is being thrown out the window for greed.
I went to the Corporate Store and reactivated my old Note and the rep said that a box would be sent to me for the Note 7. Here's hoping