Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,737 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

breezex's Posts

I'm out of ideas, but there are more in this thread on Apple's support site. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5079636?start=0&tstart=0 You may want to wade through this for what worked and ... See more...
I'm out of ideas, but there are more in this thread on Apple's support site. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5079636?start=0&tstart=0 You may want to wade through this for what worked and didn' t work for others in the same or similar situation. Bottom line, it's a problem with iPhone users using iMessage to send a message to a former iMessage user who now has an Android phone and not an SMS problem.  iMessage is not a pure SMS texting system, but an Apple proprietary system. BTW, the Moto X is an excellent phone.  My wife has one and she loves it.
I repeat - It is not a Moto X or Android problem.  Did you read any of the threads that the above search will bring up?  I've copied some relevent instructions below  Please read: https://commun... See more...
I repeat - It is not a Moto X or Android problem.  Did you read any of the threads that the above search will bring up?  I've copied some relevent instructions below  Please read: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1016745#1016745 That's where these quotes come from. - Here are excerpts from that thread: "You need to un register your IPhone from Itunes. It takes anywhere from a week to 30 days for Apple to recognize that you're no longer an IPhone user.  Tell your friends that's the problem.  Tell them to turn off their imessage till Apple recognize you're not an iPhone user anymore." - And: "If you have access to your iPhone 4 you are going to want to go into the phone and turn your iMessaging off,  http://vz.to/1hRAZNz. If you don’t have access to your iPhone follow the steps below: Step 1 Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.  Step 2 Log in with your Apple ID and password. Step 3 Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example). Step 4 Click ‘Unregister’.   Step 5 You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again. If these steps don't work, I would recommend reaching out to Apple Support to see if they can de-enroll you from iMessaging." Also see:Enable/Disable iMessage - Apple® iPhone® 4 http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/49191/
It is most likely an Apple/iMessage problem and not an Android/Motorola one.  Rather than retype loads of information, please read through the advice given to previous questions about android-iph... See more...
It is most likely an Apple/iMessage problem and not an Android/Motorola one.  Rather than retype loads of information, please read through the advice given to previous questions about android-iphone texting.  Or search google for "android iphone text problems" without the quotes. https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=false&containerType=14&container=1010&q=iphone+texting
Are you using the stock texting app?  Are the people receiving gibberish on Verizon or another wireless carrier?  Are they iPhone users?  Are you using a special font to type and display characte... See more...
Are you using the stock texting app?  Are the people receiving gibberish on Verizon or another wireless carrier?  Are they iPhone users?  Are you using a special font to type and display characters that have accent marks or diacritics?  Are you including smileys, icons, or a signature?  Many wireless gateways will not correctly handle 16-bit characters necessary for many foreign languages.
PS:  You can search the many, many discussions and potential solutions in these forums or via a Google search if you wish to do further research.
Are you sure your phone battery is not dead and is charged?  Is your charger/cable combination working properly?  Did you hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10-20 seconds?  Did your phone... See more...
Are you sure your phone battery is not dead and is charged?  Is your charger/cable combination working properly?  Did you hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10-20 seconds?  Did your phone power up? Can you get to the Boot Mode Selection Menu by holding both the Volume UP and Down buttons and the Power button for about 10 seconds?   Did your phone power up?
All current devices (2 Razr Maxxes, 2 Mot Xes, and a Razr HD) connect and work fine at our home, all the rooms.  We bounce between 4G and 3G at times, but that has not been a problem since we are... See more...
All current devices (2 Razr Maxxes, 2 Mot Xes, and a Razr HD) connect and work fine at our home, all the rooms.  We bounce between 4G and 3G at times, but that has not been a problem since we are on WiFi at home almost 100% of the time.
This is not normal behavior for a Motorola phone.  I had similar problems with a Samsung Galaxy S3, never with a Motorola phone.  We have 2 Razr Maxxes  as well as other phones in my household no... See more...
This is not normal behavior for a Motorola phone.  I had similar problems with a Samsung Galaxy S3, never with a Motorola phone.  We have 2 Razr Maxxes  as well as other phones in my household none have signal problems. With readings like yours my wife's GS3 did the same as your Razr, would not hold a call, trouble placing a call, trouble answering a call, call drops guaranteed.  But it was in only one room of our house.  Rebooting, new SIM, factory reset, nothing helped.  Since I didn't go into that room often we swapped phones, my Razr HD for her GS3.  All was fine.  Since then she has gotten a Moto X, I have my HD back, and the GS3 is retired to backup duty.  As a data point my HD currently is reporting 1X -92 dBm and 4G -110 dBm.
As Ann said, you cannot have two sim cards for the same number active at the same time.  You can however remove the sim card from one phone and put into the other whenever and as often as you wis... See more...
As Ann said, you cannot have two sim cards for the same number active at the same time.  You can however remove the sim card from one phone and put into the other whenever and as often as you wish.  That makes the other phone a small sim-less, WiFi only tablet. 🙂
sooperdee354, did you reboot the phone to force a rebuild of the gallery/media database?  Were your pictures stored on your SD card or the phone's internal memory?  Did you clear cache/data on th... See more...
sooperdee354, did you reboot the phone to force a rebuild of the gallery/media database?  Were your pictures stored on your SD card or the phone's internal memory?  Did you clear cache/data on the Media Storage app too and then reboot your phone?  Did you look at the DCIM folder on both the phone and SD card?  If there were no pictures in either DCIM folder then they are most likely gone.  You could try a deleted file recovery program on you SD card if the photos were stored there.
What email client/app are you using? The stock email, K9, Yahoo Mail, ... ?  Pop or IMAP?  I only use Gnail and K9mail, so I can't help with specific questions about the stock Email app or the Ya... See more...
What email client/app are you using? The stock email, K9, Yahoo Mail, ... ?  Pop or IMAP?  I only use Gnail and K9mail, so I can't help with specific questions about the stock Email app or the Yahoo app.  Without knowing the answers to these questions, you can try the following.  Look in settings for something like "Sync Server  Deletions", "Remove messages when deleted on the server", When I delete messages, delete from server", ... etc.
I had a similar problem with a couple of tablets last week.  They would connect to a local business' WiFi, but would not obtain an IP address.  Nothing helped and I could not "Forget" the network... See more...
I had a similar problem with a couple of tablets last week.  They would connect to a local business' WiFi, but would not obtain an IP address.  Nothing helped and I could not "Forget" the network while in close proximity.  A day later while I was away form the business I "Forgot" the network in the WiFi settings and the next time I entered the business I put in the password and it connected and obtained an IP with no problem.
Face Time is an Apple product that uses Apple servers and Apple logins.  Given that Apple loves android so much I'm surprised that it is not available on android phones.  Now that I've got that o... See more...
Face Time is an Apple product that uses Apple servers and Apple logins.  Given that Apple loves android so much I'm surprised that it is not available on android phones.  Now that I've got that out of the way. You can make video calls with Google Hangouts.  When you select a person to have a hangout with, send a message, etc. up at the top right there is a video camera icon,  touch it.
ca_randy wrote: I disagree that Samsung is more to blame than Verizon because the other major carriers already have their updates. I apologize for not making my comments clear.  I w... See more...
ca_randy wrote: I disagree that Samsung is more to blame than Verizon because the other major carriers already have their updates. I apologize for not making my comments clear.  I was referring to the year long drought when Samsumg ignored all the problems of the GS3 and did nothing to fix them, even denying them.  Not the relatively short time between other carriers releaseing 4.3 and when Verizon will release it.
They should sync automatically every so often or you can go to: Settings > Accounts > Google > Sync all or touch the Google account that you have your contacts sync'd with and then touch "S... See more...
They should sync automatically every so often or you can go to: Settings > Accounts > Google > Sync all or touch the Google account that you have your contacts sync'd with and then touch "Sync now"
The first thing that I'd try is: Settings > Application manager > All > Gallery and clear Cache and Data Settings > Application manager > All > Media Storage and clear Cache and Data. then... See more...
The first thing that I'd try is: Settings > Application manager > All > Gallery and clear Cache and Data Settings > Application manager > All > Media Storage and clear Cache and Data. then reboot your phone. If that doesn't work try a OS cache clear.
ca_randy wrote: This week will mark over a year since the last update came out for the Samsung Galaxy S III on 12/14/12.   I blame Samsung more than Verizon.  I'm not one to want... See more...
ca_randy wrote: This week will mark over a year since the last update came out for the Samsung Galaxy S III on 12/14/12.   I blame Samsung more than Verizon.  I'm not one to want an update just to get a version number increase, but to fix issues with the current version.  Either Samsung did not believe all the problems that owners were having with their GS3 or they didn't care or they were unable to fix/address the issues or they were too focused on their many, many new products to care.  Take your pick.  Although Verizon is not without some blame; they could have leaned on Samsung for fixes.  For a flagship device in its heyday the GS3 was pretty well abandoned for a year.  I received my GS3 on July 9, 2012 and signal reception in marginal areas (making, receiving, and holding calls) has been my biggest issue.  The Motorolas in my family had no problems in the same locations.  This was my first experiment with Samsung and will be my last for a long time.  My wife's Moto-X gets here tomorrow and I'll inherit her Razr HD.  The GS3 will be put into mothballs and relegated to a backup phone.
Does Verizon TEC (extended warranty and Asurion) cover a Moto Maker Moto-x?  Motorola's Extended Warranty for the Moto-x looks like a pretty good deal, but does not appear to cover loss or theft.... See more...
Does Verizon TEC (extended warranty and Asurion) cover a Moto Maker Moto-x?  Motorola's Extended Warranty for the Moto-x looks like a pretty good deal, but does not appear to cover loss or theft. Those buying a custom Moto Maker Moto-x, what warranty and insurance are you getting?
A Google search of several sources recommends the following: Try this several times:  Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store: Force Stop, Clear Data, Clear Cache and then reboot your pho... See more...
A Google search of several sources recommends the following: Try this several times:  Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store: Force Stop, Clear Data, Clear Cache and then reboot your phone. If the above does not work try this:  Settings > Accounts > Google > Click on your Gmail email address > Remove account. Then, add the account back and reboot your phone.
Come on, give the Reps a break.  Most are just as clueless about updates as we are (maybe more so since we probably surf more and hear more rumors).  All they have and are permitted to use are th... See more...
Come on, give the Reps a break.  Most are just as clueless about updates as we are (maybe more so since we probably surf more and hear more rumors).  All they have and are permitted to use are their "scripts".  I'm (removed) at Verizon too for all the bloatware and feature removal from our phones, but no way will I take that frustration out on the Reps.  It's not their fault and there's nothing they can do about it. Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service. Message was edited by: Admin Moderator