Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 11.3K Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

breezex's Posts

Were Verizon's servers affected by the Heartbleed bug?  And if so, were they fixed?
Does it do these things if you run in Safe Mode?
Remove the card from your phone, mount it on your PC, copy everything from your SD card to the PC, reformat the card with the PC, reinstall in the phone.  The phone should now recognize the card.... See more...
Remove the card from your phone, mount it on your PC, copy everything from your SD card to the PC, reformat the card with the PC, reinstall in the phone.  The phone should now recognize the card.  You an then reformat the card on your phone if you want to.
At this point you may want to save your Text messages with something like SMS Backup & Restore, clear all data in Text Messaging, reboot your phone, and start all over.  Although the Factory Rese... See more...
At this point you may want to save your Text messages with something like SMS Backup & Restore, clear all data in Text Messaging, reboot your phone, and start all over.  Although the Factory Reset that you did previously should have cleared all text messages. Settings > Apps > All > Text Messaging > Clear Data
Did you try what I suggested above? Some people have had success with "SMS Time Fix" from the Google App Store.
Try all the usual things: Make sure there is power at the wall socket. Try a different charger and USB cable. Leave it plugged up to the "new" charger for a couple of hours at least. Hold Po... See more...
Try all the usual things: Make sure there is power at the wall socket. Try a different charger and USB cable. Leave it plugged up to the "new" charger for a couple of hours at least. Hold Power and Volume down for at least 20 seconds. Hold Power, Volume up and Volume down buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds to see if you and get into the recovery menu. Still under warranty - get phone replaced by Verizon Insurance - get phone replaced by Asurion No warranty (over a year old) or no insurance - Battery is dead get it replaced by Motorola. Buy her a new no-contract Moto X via Motorola Moto Maker ($70 discount until Feb 22)
SMS messages/texts are listed according to chronological order.  Are the messages really close together, a few seconds, like less than a minute?  Or from an iPhone user? Try Settings > Date & ... See more...
SMS messages/texts are listed according to chronological order.  Are the messages really close together, a few seconds, like less than a minute?  Or from an iPhone user? Try Settings > Date & time > Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.
Just inserting an SD card should not have deleted the photos stored in internal memory.  Connect your phone to a PC, open the phone Icon on your PC,in my case it's Droid Razr HD > Internal Storag... See more...
Just inserting an SD card should not have deleted the photos stored in internal memory.  Connect your phone to a PC, open the phone Icon on your PC,in my case it's Droid Razr HD > Internal Storage > DCIM > Camera.  Your photos should still be there.  If they are there, then copy them to a PC for backup.  You may have to go to Settings > Apps > All > Media storage and clear cache and data, then reboot your phone for photos to show up in the Gallery again. For the SD card, format it on the PC if you can, then insert it into your phone making sure that it fully seats into the SD slot (this is important).
You can try the following, but note that you will have to set up your Homescreen again after doing this.  Go to "Settings > Apps > All (far right screen) > Homescreen > Clear data" select to clea... See more...
You can try the following, but note that you will have to set up your Homescreen again after doing this.  Go to "Settings > Apps > All (far right screen) > Homescreen > Clear data" select to clear Homescreen data and then reboot your phone. If this does not work and if you are still under warranty, get a replacement phone from Verizon.  It's probably a corrupt file and a Factory Reset will not fix corrupt files.
While in SAFE mode did the phone exhibit the same screen behavior?  Or did the navigation bar show at the bottom of the screen?  If the phone is completely stock, then it might be possible that o... See more...
While in SAFE mode did the phone exhibit the same screen behavior?  Or did the navigation bar show at the bottom of the screen?  If the phone is completely stock, then it might be possible that one or more OS files are corrupt.  The only way to correct a corrupt firmware is to have Motorola or Verizon reflash it for you.  If the phone is still under warranty you may want to consider getting it replaced by Verizon. How could it be rooted? If you bought the Razr M used, from a non-corporate Verizon store, or independent phone retailer it could have been tampered with.  If someone (friend/relative) had your phone for a while to load software or program it for you it could have been tampered with.  There are two easy ways to know if your phone is rooted: 1) Have some who is knowledgeable (Verizon or other technician) go into the Service Menu and look or 2) boot into the Android System Recovery menu and look to see what the qe value is (it should be 0/0).  qe 0/0 (never rooted) qe 1/1 (currently rooted) qe 0/1 (not currently rooted, but has been rooted in the past) Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the problem so there is no confusion about what the problem is?
Also if you suspect an app causing the problem do not automatically restore your apps and data via the Google backup mechanism when you do a factory reset. Are your sure someone has not rooted... See more...
Also if you suspect an app causing the problem do not automatically restore your apps and data via the Google backup mechanism when you do a factory reset. Are your sure someone has not rooted you phone and altered some OS files?  That's one sure way of removing the navigation bar/controls.
Are you using a non-stock launcher or app that changes your wallpaper or screen?  What happens if you run in SAFE mode?  If everything looks OK in SAFE mode then you have an app that is interferi... See more...
Are you using a non-stock launcher or app that changes your wallpaper or screen?  What happens if you run in SAFE mode?  If everything looks OK in SAFE mode then you have an app that is interfering with your home screen.
My guess is it's either an app (try SAFE mode for a while to see if it's an app) or a bad battery.  Since your problems seem to happen at the 40% battery mark you may need to get the battery repl... See more...
My guess is it's either an app (try SAFE mode for a while to see if it's an app) or a bad battery.  Since your problems seem to happen at the 40% battery mark you may need to get the battery replaced.
Elector, I too am a proponent of wireless carriers providing data and cellular service and access to the network.  They should not be in the hardware/handset business.  It gives them too much con... See more...
Elector, I too am a proponent of wireless carriers providing data and cellular service and access to the network.  They should not be in the hardware/handset business.  It gives them too much control and can lead to monopolies within monopolies.  Not to mention incompetency. But, as long as Verizon dictates what software and bloatware must be on phones, what OS features can remain and which must be removed or disabled, what SIM cards can be used, what frequencies a phone can support (beyond their own), what buttons a phone can have, whether a phone bootloader can be locked or unlocked .... , etc. they are in part responsible for hardware and OS failures.  Under these conditions all blame cannot and should not be shifted to the manufacturer My plea: FCC, FTC, or whoever remove the wireless carriers from handset control.  The carriers will not do it by themselves.
Also have you created a folder with the Settings icon and some other apps?  Do you have some security app installed?
Please take a screen shot and post it.
My wife and son both have Moto X's. Good: Very responsive, does not lag Voice commands and Motorola Assist is great.  Both wife and son like talking to their phones. Curved back and size ... See more...
My wife and son both have Moto X's. Good: Very responsive, does not lag Voice commands and Motorola Assist is great.  Both wife and son like talking to their phones. Curved back and size are good feeling. Right now it's a great no-contract deal. Bad: Bluetooth will not work with my wife's older 2005 Lexus RX330 with navigation.  Razr Maxx, HD, M, and Samsung GS3 work just fine.  I bought her a Motorola Roadster and the Moto X works just fine with it, even "Ok Google Now".  Several people on the Motorola forums are having problems with Bluetooth. A co-worker of my son looked at the Droid Maxx, Moto X and HTC One.  He chose the HTC One because he said it felt the best in his hand.  So in my opinion either the Moto X or the HTC one is a good choice, but the Motorolas may have a slight edge on battery life..  I'm through with Samsung for a while, still have a bad taste for the GS3 weak signal fiasco.
B33, the Moto X is a great phone.  We have two in my family.  I'd like to see more manufacturers drop the price of their over-priced phones and offer direct, no contract purchasing.  Google and M... See more...
B33, the Moto X is a great phone.  We have two in my family.  I'd like to see more manufacturers drop the price of their over-priced phones and offer direct, no contract purchasing.  Google and Motorola are doing their share to keep costs low.  If only I could get a Nexus 5 on Verizon. 
See:  Verizon Cloud FAQs http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/cloud.html Especially look at:  "8. I don’t see some of my files in the cloud. Does Verizon ... See more...
See:  Verizon Cloud FAQs http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/cloud.html Especially look at:  "8. I don’t see some of my files in the cloud. Does Verizon Cloud back up from certain locations on the device?"
Most likely the battery, but just to check, run your phone in SAFE mode for a few hours during charging and use.  If your battery still charges and drains erratically, then it's probably the batt... See more...
Most likely the battery, but just to check, run your phone in SAFE mode for a few hours during charging and use.  If your battery still charges and drains erratically, then it's probably the battery.  How old is your phone?  If less than a year get a warranty replacement.  If older than a year you can have the battery replaced by Motorola for fee or buy a new or used phone.  Mororola just reduced the price of their no contract Moto X to $399 for 16GB and $449 for 32GB.