Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,792 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

JIMRH's Posts

Issue: Both my wife and I have old CDMA flip-phones that will go away after the end of this year, so we need to replace them. However: I spend a lot of time overseas so I want to get a dual-sim ph... See more...
Issue: Both my wife and I have old CDMA flip-phones that will go away after the end of this year, so we need to replace them. However: I spend a lot of time overseas so I want to get a dual-sim phone that works both here and in Europe.  Since it's easier to get a phone there that will work here than getting one here that will work there, that's where I plan to buy it.  However, politics has it's say and there are some phones that flat-out refuse to work with US sims, regardless of capabilities. What I want to do is get a phone here that I can put a 4G sim in, take it overseas and use the sim to try out phones there, and eventually put the Verizon sim into a good phone I bought while overseas. Obviously I don't want to spend any kind of significant money for a phone that will be used for a very few months, so I'm looking for a dirt-cheap phone I can switch my existing number to.  Ideally less than $50.  A lot less than $50 if I can get it. Since this phone will be strictly temporary, for test purposes only, it doesn't need ANY bells-and-whistles. Any idea where I can get a 4G phone that will work on Verizon Wireless' network that I can use as a "throw-away" phone? Thanks! Jim "JR"
Unfortunately, not all IMEI's are registered on Verizon's list and there may be phones that might, repeat might  work. I talked with a 2nd level support person - I plan to bring a European dual-SIM ... See more...
Unfortunately, not all IMEI's are registered on Verizon's list and there may be phones that might, repeat might  work. I talked with a 2nd level support person - I plan to bring a European dual-SIM phone back with me the next time I'm shipped home - and he provided a list of bands/frequencies that phones should support to be compatible with Verizon's 4G/LTE networks. Viz: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Bring-Your-Own-Device/Info-Frequency-bands-supported-for-4G-LTE/m-p/1124099#M915 One big issue that I have discovered when travelling abroad is that some non-US phones, notably some Huweai phones, will not, repeat NOT recognize or attempt even a roaming connection with a US SIM card - whereas others, (like LG and Samsung), will connect with no problem.  This is despite the phone fully supporting all the bands needed. What I want to do, if I can, is "try" a previously provisioned Verizon SIM card in my existing European smartphone, (which I plan to replace anyway), and if it works, get a new SIM of my own, take it to Europe, and make sure the phone will recognize and provision the card. Of course Your Mileage May Vary, and any " BYOD" type device is going to receive limited support at this end. Jim "JR"
Since I am planning to bring a device from Europe and (hopefully) connect it to Verizon's network, I needed to know what frequencies/bands the phone should support.  (It's easier to get a phone in Eu... See more...
Since I am planning to bring a device from Europe and (hopefully) connect it to Verizon's network, I needed to know what frequencies/bands the phone should support.  (It's easier to get a phone in Europe that will work in the US than it is to get a phone in the US that will work in Europe.) I was escalated to a 2nd level support person who provided the following information:     Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We've processed your request. To recap, here's what we've done:   Band 2 - 1900MHz Band 3 - 1800MHz Band 4 - 1700MHz Band 5 - 850MHz Band 7 - 2600MHz Band 8 - 900MHz Band 13 - 700MHz Band 18 - 850MHz Band 19 - 800MHz Band 20 - 800MHz Band 26 - 800MHz Band 28 - 700MHz Band 66 - 2100-2200Mhz Band 48 - 3550 - 3700MHz   If you need anything else, please visit us online or in the My Verizon app.   If you have questions about this request, feel free to give us a call at 1.800.922.0204 or dial *611. We're open 7 A‌M – 9 P‌M, Mo‌n – F‌ri, and 8 A‌M – 9 P‌M, Sa‌t – S‌un, local ti‌me.   Thanks for choosing Verizon.   Sincerely,   The Verizon Wireless Customer Service Center                                                               I hope this helps someone Jim "JR"  
Greetings! My wife and I have been Verizon Wireless customers since before Verizon Wireless even existed.  (At the time it was New England Bell)  As Verizon Wireless has given us flawless serv... See more...
Greetings! My wife and I have been Verizon Wireless customers since before Verizon Wireless even existed.  (At the time it was New England Bell)  As Verizon Wireless has given us flawless service and support since the mid '90's, I'd greatly prefer remaining with them if possible. We travel a lot overseas, (i.e.  outside the US/Canada), and the protocol supported is GSM.  Because we spend a lot of time abroad, we have service provisioned with a local GSM provider so our "local" calls when abroad don't cost $400/min due to roaming. In Europe, dual-sim devices are very common.  (In fact, there are now devices that support up to 4 or 5 sims at a time!)  I want a dual-provider capable phone so that I don't have to swap phones every time I travel and/or come home. My requirements: 1.  It must work with Verizon Wireless seamlessly when in the US. 2.  It must work with my provider-of-choice when abroad. 3.  My Verizon Wireless number and SMS must be available while I am abroad. Other than that, I don't give a [censored] if it's a fancy-pants smartphone or two tin cups and a string.  All I need is for it to work. At present, I accomplish this by using a dual-sim smartphone with both T-Mobile and my European provider's SIM cards installed.  However, I'd greatly prefer to have one single phone number in the U.S. and I would greatly prefer it to be my original Verizon Wireless number on Verizon's network. I strongly suspect that the answer to this is "tough-luck big guy. . ." Any ideas or suggestions I haven''t heard yet? Thanks! Jim "JR"