Legal ramifications aside, I doubt if CPSC has a bunch of top-notch Li-ion battery experts sitting around warming their chairs waiting for something like this to come along. Hope they know where... Ver más...
Legal ramifications aside, I doubt if CPSC has a bunch of top-notch Li-ion battery experts sitting around warming their chairs waiting for something like this to come along. Hope they know where to go and how effectively conduct this certification/validation/ratification exercise they have stepped up to. Would certainly like to know if anyone has any inside scoop as it would definitely help calibrate my expectations.
Kudos to you NitroNeo for your 'stick-with-it-ness' and getting down to nitty-gritty. No doubt this will alert and benefit all who are interested and seek an answer. You should definitely share ... Ver más...
Kudos to you NitroNeo for your 'stick-with-it-ness' and getting down to nitty-gritty. No doubt this will alert and benefit all who are interested and seek an answer. You should definitely share your observations with FB designers. They are a very good bunch and may have made a conscious decision to favor cellular over wi-fi at start-up as opposed to evaluating user preferred parameters or doing a least-cost alternative, each time. These additional tests add to the overhead-size of the app. Way to go and thanks again for sharing.
You sure you the correct current status, agf7575? I was told to turn OFF the phone and return it ASAP, Verizon will give a loaner. There was nothing 'voluntary' in my instructions. I got my loan... Ver más...
You sure you the correct current status, agf7575? I was told to turn OFF the phone and return it ASAP, Verizon will give a loaner. There was nothing 'voluntary' in my instructions. I got my loaner without any fuss. Too bad you are struggling.
My experience was just as painless. I just needed to locate the 'Corporate Verizon Store' near me. They handled everything with a smile. Will be glad when I receive my replacement Note7.
Many have said this in this forum and just to be helpful I will repeat it here: Please find a Verizon Store using the Verizon Store locator page and check the box "do not include Authorized Reta... Ver más...
Many have said this in this forum and just to be helpful I will repeat it here: Please find a Verizon Store using the Verizon Store locator page and check the box "do not include Authorized Retailers". You will have a very different experience. I got my loaner at one such 'corporate-store' and the reps were knowledgeable, polite, courteous and most accommodating. Made for a painless experience. Give it a try.
Is it not for CPSC to provide the timeline? All Samsung can do it provide whatever is needed for the process. Am wondering....
Thank you for your recent announcement Samsung. Well done. Check here: www.samsung.com/us/Note7exchange Now All Samsung has to do is to deliver the phones and hopefully CPSC knows how to ce... Ver más...
Thank you for your recent announcement Samsung. Well done. Check here: www.samsung.com/us/Note7exchange Now All Samsung has to do is to deliver the phones and hopefully CPSC knows how to certify a product that is probably in 10, 12 sigma category. Verizon will have to provide a replacement as per the statement. Hurray!!
Add to the above - Verizon Wireless has embraced data mining in a big way. This done by profiling cell phone plan usage by customers. They have also been gracious enough to share individual profi... Ver más...
Add to the above - Verizon Wireless has embraced data mining in a big way. This done by profiling cell phone plan usage by customers. They have also been gracious enough to share individual profile with their clients. You will find this in their App 'My Verizon' > Data Hub > Details > Line Details. This shows the categories of app and the data bandwith usage. Should help you monitor what is happening. Hope all this helps you sort out your mystery. Incidentally, FB and Twitter are notorious in background data (cellular) use. Cannot help with these two as they are banned on my Cellular devices (by me).
Excellent. Now hopefully you are getting acquainted with maze of 'Settings'. In case your cellular bandwidth is continuing to be tapped by ghost apps and you are not on 'the spookes' radar and b... Ver más...
Excellent. Now hopefully you are getting acquainted with maze of 'Settings'. In case your cellular bandwidth is continuing to be tapped by ghost apps and you are not on 'the spookes' radar and bugged by them then there are a few relatively low demand services worth examining. Settings > Notifications (Phone) > turn slider OFF Settings > Backup and rest (Personal) > Back up my data slider OFF (I never trust clouds for personal info storage...sorry off topic) Settings > Location > slider ON Settings > Location > Locating method > GPS only Settings > Location > Improve accuracy > all sliders OFF If after all this you still have a leak then it may be time for factory reset, but let us wait and review what you find.
Now I will have to dig deep (chuckles). While I do that could you check to see if have any exotic apps that has permission to operate cellular only. in other words check for services running on N... Ver más...
Now I will have to dig deep (chuckles). While I do that could you check to see if have any exotic apps that has permission to operate cellular only. in other words check for services running on Note7. The best way to do this is to enable 'developer mode' on your phone. Developer Mode: settings > About phone > tap build number 7 times You will now a new option under system labelled {} Developer options select developer options, turn the slider OFF on that screen select "Running services". Review and disable any non system App that should not be running. Will post again if I find something that is relevant. Do share.
What is this? FAA May Get The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Banned On Planes Over Battery Concerns : TECH : Tech Times Are we so impatient to not allow the remedy to take effect? Give the "replacement... Ver más...
What is this? FAA May Get The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Banned On Planes Over Battery Concerns : TECH : Tech Times Are we so impatient to not allow the remedy to take effect? Give the "replacement" a chance.
There are two more settings to examine for decoupling the cellular and Wi-Fi networks. Samsung has tried to intelligently couple the two for improved user experience with their Note 7. That aside... Ver más...
There are two more settings to examine for decoupling the cellular and Wi-Fi networks. Samsung has tried to intelligently couple the two for improved user experience with their Note 7. That aside, take a look at these settings and turn them OFF: Settings > Wi-Fi > 3 dots > Advanced > turns OFF all sliders (specially Smart switch Network) on this screen set : Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep > Always Next, Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > turn OFF all sliders If these work for you, then you can go back turn ON some of the sliders for services you wish to retain. Do share your findings.
Try this and see if it works for you: Settings > More (Wireless and Networks category) > Download booster (OFF)
The Internet is buzzing with impending global recall predictions and yet there is this... Samsung Galaxy Note 7: Battery of the flagship has no problem says component supplier
Is there any truth to the latest press going around that Samsung is recalling all Note 7 owing to battery burning/exploding? Has Verizon voiced any opinion or position on this matter. Appears Sam... Ver más...
Is there any truth to the latest press going around that Samsung is recalling all Note 7 owing to battery burning/exploding? Has Verizon voiced any opinion or position on this matter. Appears Samsung has halted all further shipments and deliveries of Note 7 (Is this true?).