This is truly remarkable. If the battery is benign then why all this drama? This is unbelievable. Perhaps someone will shed some light on how a device that know to explode is safe to ship by a co... Ver más...
This is truly remarkable. If the battery is benign then why all this drama? This is unbelievable. Perhaps someone will shed some light on how a device that know to explode is safe to ship by a common carrier. This is not meant to deny the folks in remote locations their exchange. I would like to know the logic and please dont tell me that turning the gizmo OFF is adequate. Any bump in the right place could turn it ON and then what.
You have definitely started something. More power to you. This 14 day strategy stated by the Rep is the first time I heard this. Please followup and do talk to the Customer Service and share what... Ver más...
You have definitely started something. More power to you. This 14 day strategy stated by the Rep is the first time I heard this. Please followup and do talk to the Customer Service and share what they say about the shipping issue. Regards risking taking Note7 and on a plane, if TSA confiscates the phone there is little one can do, given the confusion. Each person has to make the choice and decision based on what they have read and researched. I stress do share your experience as those in remote areas will definitely benefit from this turn of events.
Hope your proposal works out for you.
Your local postmaster will be happy to provide you with the definitive and authoritative response.
Not bad in terms of stating your case but how to respect the spirit of the exchange and return the malfunctioning Note7? An acceptable solution would give Verizon reason to rethink and provide a... Ver más...
Not bad in terms of stating your case but how to respect the spirit of the exchange and return the malfunctioning Note7? An acceptable solution would give Verizon reason to rethink and provide alternatives.
The local postmaster would be the best person to categorically answer this. However anytime I send a package I am asked about hazardous/flammable, electronic, with battery, etc. If I said yes to ... Ver más...
The local postmaster would be the best person to categorically answer this. However anytime I send a package I am asked about hazardous/flammable, electronic, with battery, etc. If I said yes to any of these they will have to follow a more rigorous assessment of the parcel and they would have every right to refuse shipping services. Big companies have their products evaluated and vetted as being safe for shipping so they are able to do so when they ship to consumers. This is not the case the other way around. Specially when returning our current Note7. But check with the local postmaster for clarity.
Folks living in remote areas are well aware they will not get the top-hat service as a person in a big city. They live with it by choice. About mailing the problem is this Note7 is now deemed a ... Ver más...
Folks living in remote areas are well aware they will not get the top-hat service as a person in a big city. They live with it by choice. About mailing the problem is this Note7 is now deemed a hazardous/inflammable material and has to be declared as such. So how to get it back to the vendor? Perhaps someone with experience with such items can shed some light on it. I already have an official Verizon Letter saying pretty much what you have expressed. I am going to print it and take it with me when I go to pickup my replacement Note7 at the "Corporate Store", just in case I get the run around. The letter/email/announcement is not signed by any CEO, but then Verizon is here to stay and CEOs may come and go. I prefer the Corporate announcement any day as it is definitely an enforceable instrument.
I pre-orderd mine as well and got a very good promo deal with a choice of Gear Fit2 or 256GB MicroSD card. Both are a better value (cost wise the Gear VR is just $100). I for one am a happy campe... Ver más...
I pre-orderd mine as well and got a very good promo deal with a choice of Gear Fit2 or 256GB MicroSD card. Both are a better value (cost wise the Gear VR is just $100). I for one am a happy camper. Did you not see this promo?
Next week this drama ends and I get on with my normal life.
Recent email notifying me about availability by 9/22 sorted my decision for me. No waiting around, I am getting my replacement Note7. Will call ahead to make sure it will not be a wasted trip. S... Ver más...
Recent email notifying me about availability by 9/22 sorted my decision for me. No waiting around, I am getting my replacement Note7. Will call ahead to make sure it will not be a wasted trip. S8 will have to wait for another time.
I fell in love with my Note7, then I had to return it. Was waiting with baited breathe for the replacement and then THIS: Samsung Galaxy S8: release date and everything you should know | TechR... Ver más...
I fell in love with my Note7, then I had to return it. Was waiting with baited breathe for the replacement and then THIS: Samsung Galaxy S8: release date and everything you should know | TechRadar So now there is going to be snapdragon 830 (3Ghz, WOW!!) and Quad screen res. (double WOW!!) in the S8. Life just got more complicated. What are you folks thinking of doing, sure value your opinions.
Excitement never ceases, I hope when I go to get my replacement Note7, they will take back my new interim phone without giving me a ton of grief. Time will tell.
You probably have the most current info in a very fluid environment. I chose to play it safe and follow one set of directives. You chosen to follow another based on instructions to you. Let us k... Ver más...
You probably have the most current info in a very fluid environment. I chose to play it safe and follow one set of directives. You chosen to follow another based on instructions to you. Let us keep on comparing notes and hopefully we both end up getting our replacements without harm. Incidentally, do you have to continue paying (If on a monthly plan) for your Note7 while it is turned OFF.
So Verizon website does mention "Return" and "Exchange" in their statement. Good of you clear that for me. I thought for a moment I had misread that.
I got the same deal and I took it. This stop gap interim arrangement is what is being loosely called loaner arrangement. I get my replacement Note7 when available without the costs associated wit... Ver más...
I got the same deal and I took it. This stop gap interim arrangement is what is being loosely called loaner arrangement. I get my replacement Note7 when available without the costs associated with early upgrade. I was not expecting a free lunch.
I ask Jason_Nipp - Has your request for a link to Verizon's Public announcement regards "Return", "Exchange" been answered by more than one respondent in this thread?
You ask an easy one....there is only post under 'Featured Content' by Verizon moderator. You will find what you seek there. Alternatively, you may look here: Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wirel... Ver más...
You ask an easy one....there is only post under 'Featured Content' by Verizon moderator. You will find what you seek there. Alternatively, you may look here: Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wireless Never hurts to be clear.
Agree with you all counts, not returning the Note7 for whatever option floats ones boat is pure recklessness.
And I am holding a loaner in my hand. Go figure....
You be right rcschnoor - some of us do keep talking about swapping, replacing, etc., for the simple reason, I/we have fallen hook-line-sinker in love with this darned gizmo and cant wait to get i... Ver más...
You be right rcschnoor - some of us do keep talking about swapping, replacing, etc., for the simple reason, I/we have fallen hook-line-sinker in love with this darned gizmo and cant wait to get it back in my possession. My loaner works just fine but does not compare it my 'returned' Note7. What can I say....