Agreed!! They did not make the phone but they were extremely quick to charge me upfront for the replacement phone (S7E). You guessed correctly - they charged me upgrade fee, sales tax, all upfron... Ver más...
Agreed!! They did not make the phone but they were extremely quick to charge me upfront for the replacement phone (S7E). You guessed correctly - they charged me upgrade fee, sales tax, all upfront. Else their accounting/order processing screen does not work. Sweet! They also tell me to return the Note 7 in a box I am supposed to receive with instructions. If I fail to do so I will be charged the full price for the Note 7. The threat is ominous - $900-odd for a beautiful banned item. Then SILENCE!!!! No box, no updated status. Just be patient. This one way patience is getting to be very tiresome. So I join in with my fellow Note 7 buyers and vent. Verizon please update the forum notice board regarding the 'Return Box".
Casper1102: Could you please clarify the meaning of: "manually change the"payoff" if the new phone from 100% to 50%". What were you promised? Gracias.
Good thing you called and got some on the phone to reverse the upgrade charges. The online chat could not assist. So had to pony up the upgrade and taxes. Will watch my bill carefully. This is a ... Ver más...
Good thing you called and got some on the phone to reverse the upgrade charges. The online chat could not assist. So had to pony up the upgrade and taxes. Will watch my bill carefully. This is a simple online accounting fix but the decision makers forget how difficult it is for some to fork the upfront payments repeatedly. A case of afluenza. Come to love that term.
Judymcb, do keep us posted on your experience with returning Amazon bought items to Verizon Corp Store. I had a similar experience getting my exchange online, but no immediate reversal of upgrade... Ver más...
Judymcb, do keep us posted on your experience with returning Amazon bought items to Verizon Corp Store. I had a similar experience getting my exchange online, but no immediate reversal of upgrade charges. This I have to watch and ensure it is taken care of in time. When I asked about Amazon accessories during the online chat I was told to go to Amazon. So I am out of luck.
This is soo true!!
JMN, time to get recap, this is like flogging a dead horse. We are part of a very bitter reality of having to give up Note7 with no comparable replacement.
I did not get any direct-message. Not surprised but had to ask the rep as he was in a helpful mood.
The Pixel looked really good and HTC is a good company, no doubt, I have used their Inc2 for a long time. But I use Gear VR and 32GB will vanish in no time. Plus I have this negative thing about ... Ver más...
The Pixel looked really good and HTC is a good company, no doubt, I have used their Inc2 for a long time. But I use Gear VR and 32GB will vanish in no time. Plus I have this negative thing about clouds. It is only after the fact ones finds out they been getting unwanted colonoscopies.
Prdator7, I feel the same way. BUT, I invested in Gear VR and Oculus just messaged me they are dropping all support for the Note7. Verizon has advised the same. Now if TSA agent at an airport con... Ver más...
Prdator7, I feel the same way. BUT, I invested in Gear VR and Oculus just messaged me they are dropping all support for the Note7. Verizon has advised the same. Now if TSA agent at an airport confiscated my phone I would not have a leg to stand on. So I whimp out and get a replacement.
2nd option S7edge. I will miss the pen and ability to jot notes on the go without messing around. Samsung, I lament, you engineered a fantastic gizmo, too bad the battery dug the grave for Note ... Ver más...
2nd option S7edge. I will miss the pen and ability to jot notes on the go without messing around. Samsung, I lament, you engineered a fantastic gizmo, too bad the battery dug the grave for Note 7.
Funny thing this. My research got me to Note 7.
Thanks for sharing. I am exploring other vendors as well.
I think the standard procedures for upgrading a phone should work. There may be additional steps VZW reps might suggest.
Dear YaleK_VZW - May I get a direct message as well. I have a clear rear case protector and a fresh unopened box of screen protector that will be of little use to me once I return the Note 7. T... Ver más...
Dear YaleK_VZW - May I get a direct message as well. I have a clear rear case protector and a fresh unopened box of screen protector that will be of little use to me once I return the Note 7. Thanks.
Now that I have to replace my 'replaced Note7', I could use some pointers from you all about a comparable phone. The Pixel/Pixel XL look good but no user sd card or wireless charging. Does this m... Ver más...
Now that I have to replace my 'replaced Note7', I could use some pointers from you all about a comparable phone. The Pixel/Pixel XL look good but no user sd card or wireless charging. Does this mean S7 Edge, S7 fallback are my only options? Do share.
I see the Pixel and Pixel XL do not support user micro sd and wireless charging. Bummer! That is a show stopper for me. You all see anything that comes close to the Note7? Do post.
I really, really do not have a clue what everyone is complaining about. I have my New Note7. Got it today. I have nothing to complain about other than having to change my phone two times in less ... Ver más...
I really, really do not have a clue what everyone is complaining about. I have my New Note7. Got it today. I have nothing to complain about other than having to change my phone two times in less than two weeks. Here is what I did: I called the "Corporate" Verizon Store and told them I was returning my recalled Note7. Backed up my phone with Smartswitch. Did a factory reset. Packed everything up (I do not need spares to sell on ebay). Took it to the store and got my interim S7. Used it for less than two weeks. Called the store again this morning and asked the status of replacement Note7. They noted my name, number, color of the phone. Called me back in less than three hours and informed me - 'a unit is waiting for you'. I thanked the rep for the phone call. Factory rest my interim S7, packed up everything. Took all my receipts and got to the store. Waited for my turn (half an hour) the rep took my S7 and I got my replacement Note7. The paperwork (mostly billing) took up most of the time. The rep activated the phone and I was off. While there I noticed reps were actually helping customers transferring their stuff from the old phone to the new one. Now that is what I call tophat service. What do I have to complain about? NOTHING!! (I am not paid for this this either). Hope you all have a pleasant experience.
JSM71: You impression of 'safe' is telling. You may find the list of materials common carriers  consider hazardous informative. Your lack of respect for the Postmaster is disappointing. As of 201... Ver más...
JSM71: You impression of 'safe' is telling. You may find the list of materials common carriers  consider hazardous informative. Your lack of respect for the Postmaster is disappointing. As of 2016 there are new transportation laws, in case you are interested I provide these: http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_026.htm#ep900090 Shipping Dangerous Goods - FedEx UPS: Shipping Batteries or Devices with Batteries The consequences for not correctly declaring the contents of the material being shipped is also spelled out. And please note that these guidelines are being superseded by more recent rules being put in place just for the Note7 to help the consumer. A number of members on this forum have already provided these. I am amazed and somewhat in admiration of the folks in the bureaucracy for having moved so quickly to help us with the Note7 problem. What is so remarkable is that they have not forgotten the consumers in remote areas. Perhaps it is going to take a few more days to work out the kinks. As I have said in another thread, I came to this forum to see what was best option for me in terms of getting my replacement Note7. This I have found and so I am satisfied. Like everyone else I have to wait till next week.
This is a fluid situation and the Feds, Verizon, Samsung, USPS, Fed Ex and UPS are all trying to find a safe and workable solution. Have to give them time to sort out the details. Note7 has garn... Ver más...
This is a fluid situation and the Feds, Verizon, Samsung, USPS, Fed Ex and UPS are all trying to find a safe and workable solution. Have to give them time to sort out the details. Note7 has garnered special attention consequently special shipping and handling rules are being put in place. All this started a week maybe 10 days ago. It is truly amazing how quickly the bureaucracy has moved to help the consumer. I came to this forum to sort out what was best option for me to replace my Note7. This has been answered so I am all set.
The problem with shipping the new replacement unit without receiving the defective unit is that people get busy with their day to day lives and neglect to complete their end of the deal. They are... Ver más...
The problem with shipping the new replacement unit without receiving the defective unit is that people get busy with their day to day lives and neglect to complete their end of the deal. They are always honest, that is given. What might work is one pays for the second unit as a deposit, receives the second unit, does what needs doing and when the vendor receives the defective unit they post the refund. This is done in number of places including Amazon. Worth asking Verizon. The hitch being the replacement order maybe treated a new purchase and put on back-order. Bummer.