Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,656 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

SAMMYJO139's Posts

I purchased three phones from the Verizon store located in Bloomfield NJ on August 19, 2016. The sales associate Jaleel M. told me that Verizon had a wonderful switch promotion and all I had to d... See more...
I purchased three phones from the Verizon store located in Bloomfield NJ on August 19, 2016. The sales associate Jaleel M. told me that Verizon had a wonderful switch promotion and all I had to do is WAIT UNTIL I RECEIVED THE BILL FROM AT&T, BRING MY OLD PHONE AND THE BILL TO THE STORE AND THEY WOULD DO THE SWITCH AND GET THE BILL PAID FOR ME. When I received the bill, I did exactly what he told me. To my dismay, none of the sales associates there was able to help me. After sitting in the store for an hour, while another sales associate did something online he told me he could not help me with my request. The next day I contacted the customer service line to get the switch completed. The sales rep I spoke to stated that he apologized for the miscommunication but there were different steps I needed to follow. The sales rep stated I need to first start the TRADE IN PROMOTION AND WAIT 7 – 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR THE BOX TO ARRIVE. I asked him what do I need to do next and he said WAIT FOR A CONFIMATION EMAIL THAT STATED THE TRADE IN TECHNICIANS RECEIVED MY PHONE. HE STATED ONCE I GET THIS EMAIL CALL VERIZON BACK. As I waited, I checked the United States Post Office website to see if the Texas received the phone and they finally received the phone on Oct 6 2016. I did not receive any email confirmation that the sales rep told me that I needed to wait for. I decided to call back the next sales rep once again apologized for the miscommunication. He stated that I was not supposed to wait for an email and I can go ahead and now finally start the switch process. After going through the lengthy process with the sales rep I expressed my concerns about my mother going to collection and he reassured me that I was on the right track and we will get this issue resolved. I received a call from the automated system for a review of my experience and I gave a bad review. One hour later the manager Chris called me. He asked me how can he resolve this issue and my response was, please get this switch resolved because I am in fear that my elderly mother’s AT&T bill will go to collections. He stated he would work tirelessly to get the switch promotion resolved so he can turn my experience around. However today October 21, 2016 I opened an email stating I exceeded the allotted 45 days for the switch promotion. I called the number on the email and the switch rep told me that once again she could not help me. She stated she would submit an appeal and I have to WAIT ANOTHER 10 DAYS TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE. I called the phone number, [Removed] for the manager Chris and I left a message. No one called me back. No one is helping me and I received misinformation from the start of this ordeal. I think the switch promotion is a hoax and I will be reporting Verizon to the better business bureau. Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator