Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,414 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

stevehy's Posts

It has a 1Ghz OMAP processor which is significantly faster than the 1Ghz Snapdragon in the Incredible. It also has a hardware based GPU. In testing it is noted to have terrific battery life, plus ... See more...
It has a 1Ghz OMAP processor which is significantly faster than the 1Ghz Snapdragon in the Incredible. It also has a hardware based GPU. In testing it is noted to have terrific battery life, plus you get the Motorola build quality and radio quality. It’s a no brainer.
Here are the prices and ordering on the HTC site: http://shop.htcpedia.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=757&compability_product=757
The only way to do this is to download K9 mail from the market (free). To copy paste in email you need you forward the mail, don’t send and then you can copy text. I know, it’s a kludge but that i... See more...
The only way to do this is to download K9 mail from the market (free). To copy paste in email you need you forward the mail, don’t send and then you can copy text. I know, it’s a kludge but that is where you are, and one of many reasons Android is not fit or the enterprise. It’s a work in progress. Sorry
BORay1 wrote: Hey,   Thanks for all the great responses.  I may just wait till June 20th to see what comes out.  It makes sense to me to be releasing a new phone for father's day.  Maybe's ... See more...
BORay1 wrote: Hey,   Thanks for all the great responses.  I may just wait till June 20th to see what comes out.  It makes sense to me to be releasing a new phone for father's day.  Maybe's that's what Verizon is planning on doing, who knows.   Does anyone know any details about the new phones, or is it all just rumor?  I mean if the phone has a faster processor, or a better screen then I'll be more inclined to wait, but if it has a better camera, I'm not sure it will really matter that much.   Also, I've read a lot of people who have had difficulties going to the new software version, I would assume any new phone would come out with that installed.  Does the HTC Incredible have that on it, for people who just got it?   Thanks! The Xtreme due soon has a 4” screen, 854x (same as original Droid, only larger screen), faster OMAP processor (seems to be twice as fast based on benchmarks, phone is very thin and light, but with same all metal construction as Droid. It appears to have a front facing came, also an 8mp camera on rear.
Quoted: +1, the iphone 4 is a flop technologically, IMO. it "introduces" folders, multitasking, and a high res screen. oh, wait, those have all been released in phones (all in the omnia 2 and incr... See more...
Quoted: +1, the iphone 4 is a flop technologically, IMO. it "introduces" folders, multitasking, and a high res screen. oh, wait, those have all been released in phones (all in the omnia 2 and incredible). plus, even the most basic phone has the added bonus iphone will never allow, and that is a forced hard reset by pulling the battery out, carrying extra or extended range batteries, ect... End quote The technological flop has +10hours battery life with Wi-Fi (and Apple underestimates battery life IMHO) Can we get close to this on out Android phones without crippling them by turning off all their features. I think this is a very good thing. Folders that automatically are created using context sensitive clues to create the appropriate folder, you don’t just make them and then drag and drop as in Windows. You drag on icon for an app over another similar icon an it creates a folder for those based on type. Backwards, huh? IPS screen with 960x6xx density so you can see the screen at any angle and read text without trouble (this is the reason I switched to the Motorola Droid, as we spend so many hours reading our screens). This screen should be brilliant, true to color, and easily read at any angle. Just look up IPS screens on Wiki. I also own 2 iPhones since the original release and have never ever had to do a ‘hard reset’. BTW, there is a provision to do a ‘hard reset’ on the iPhone. The multitasking that Apple introduces is designed to save battery life, a good thing in my opinion. Plus, because their market is monitored, there are few apps that are as poorly coded as some of the apps on the Android market. Even Google complained publicly about this at Google IO 2010. Before you criticize like a blind fanboy, get your facts straight and bring some knowledge to the discussion. This is not a war, it is about differing technologies and Apple’s anal compulsive construction and design policies.
Yes, led screens are easier to see in sunlight. The Droid Xtreme is coming, it's listed in Verizon's stock.
The Incredible has an AMOLED screen of which type are very difficult to read in bright light (it is a failing of the screen type; it gives great contrast in regular lighting conditions, but become... See more...
The Incredible has an AMOLED screen of which type are very difficult to read in bright light (it is a failing of the screen type; it gives great contrast in regular lighting conditions, but becomes washed out in bright sunlight, the Nexus 1 suffers from this as do all AMOLED screens). If you use your device frequently outdoors, look at a regular led screen, such as the Motorola Droid. It definitely is usable in bright sunlight, or wait a few weeks for the Motorola Droid Extreme, which has a 4” led screen.
I read word files (and power point and excel files) of any size on my moto Droid. I have documents to go (available in the market), but the phone also has a built in office doc reader that may wor... See more...
I read word files (and power point and excel files) of any size on my moto Droid. I have documents to go (available in the market), but the phone also has a built in office doc reader that may work.
Somehow you signed up for draft alerts (some of us want them). The only way to remove these is to install the app again and click/menu/settings then click on the alerts you are signed up for and i... See more...
Somehow you signed up for draft alerts (some of us want them). The only way to remove these is to install the app again and click/menu/settings then click on the alerts you are signed up for and it will give you the option to turn it off. Verizon support can be lame, seems that they should be aware of this.
You want to get Sailing Media Sync; it will sync your Droid with iTunes and vice versa. I have Mac lap tops, IPad, iPhones, and Moto Droid, and they all coexist thanks to this software. It keeps t... See more...
You want to get Sailing Media Sync; it will sync your Droid with iTunes and vice versa. I have Mac lap tops, IPad, iPhones, and Moto Droid, and they all coexist thanks to this software. It keeps the non Apple devices with the same level of sync as the Motorola device.
If you have the option to delete the phone book from your car do so, and then re pair the phone giving it enough time to load the phone book.
No problems with my Audi 2009TT. Also, all my friend with various Audi’s (A4,6,8) no problems. I would try to delete the phonebook (if any) on your car. If you have voice dialing you can give this... See more...
No problems with my Audi 2009TT. Also, all my friend with various Audi’s (A4,6,8) no problems. I would try to delete the phonebook (if any) on your car. If you have voice dialing you can give this command verbally.
This is the correct way to boot into safe mode, the instructions you were given if to bet to the root menus of your phone.   So how do we boot into “safe mode”? 1.  Power off your device. 2. ... See more...
This is the correct way to boot into safe mode, the instructions you were given if to bet to the root menus of your phone.   So how do we boot into “safe mode”? 1.  Power off your device. 2.  Slide open the keyboard and power on by holding power and “menu” at the same time. (Use the menu key on the physical keyboard.) 3.  Continue holding the menu key until you get to the Droid eye. 4. The phone should now vibrate if done correctly. 5.  Release menu and your phone should boot with “Safe Mode” showing in the bottom left corner.
I’m using Sailing Media Sync for 3 months without any problems with my MacBook Pro. I use it because it also syncs photos. If it is stalling I would adjust the size of the music sync by half. If ... See more...
I’m using Sailing Media Sync for 3 months without any problems with my MacBook Pro. I use it because it also syncs photos. If it is stalling I would adjust the size of the music sync by half. If this syncs correctly, then I would increase it and re sync again until it finishes. Once completed your problems should disappear. Otherwise contact Sailing Media.
Don’t want to add to the misinformed patent speculation but, Microsoft and Apple have several patent sharing agreements for many years so it is unlikely that there is the basis for an IP suit bet... See more...
Don’t want to add to the misinformed patent speculation but, Microsoft and Apple have several patent sharing agreements for many years so it is unlikely that there is the basis for an IP suit between them. Apple is contending theft of intellectual property and has many patents going back decades to cover this. If it prevails with HTC then it need go no further as others will have to yield.    This is no different than Google or MS would do in similar circumstances, protecting their patented intellectual property inventions. All this heat directed to Apple is misinformed. The phones that we currently have and like have much to thank Apple for. Were there any smartphones like these before the iPhone?Just my opinion.
Also, the program in the marketplace: Locate my Droid will do all this and also enable a remote wipe incase of theft, etc.
I have a 2009 Audi TT and both the Moto Droid and iPhone3g. Neither phone has ever exhibited any problem or disconnect with BlueTooth in almost a year. I would definitely suspect your phone as th... See more...
I have a 2009 Audi TT and both the Moto Droid and iPhone3g. Neither phone has ever exhibited any problem or disconnect with BlueTooth in almost a year. I would definitely suspect your phone as the problem here.
I have a Moto Droid and really like it. I also have 2 iPhones (wife and daughter). I also purchased the iPhone the day it came out 2 years ago. You said your wife is looking for a device that is ... See more...
I have a Moto Droid and really like it. I also have 2 iPhones (wife and daughter). I also purchased the iPhone the day it came out 2 years ago. You said your wife is looking for a device that is easy to use. Hands down, get an iPhone. It is the device I recommended to my wife when she wanted a phone, and she has learned to use many of the features of the phone because it is so logical. The iPhone is a truly polished device with really no rough edges, and in 2 years never really had problems with voice calls (the network is not as problem plagued as some would have you believe).    Another respondent said it’s a phone (Droid and iPhone) and the primary purpose is making calls; not correct. These are small handheld computers and for non technical users, iPhone must be the device.   I am a software developer and the Droid is perfect for me, but it is not really as logical to use and polished as the iPhone (perfect for me but not for many users). I can see where this could be confusing to some. The Android OS has a way to go before it will have true mass appeal. Additionally, the Apple ecosystem is best set up to handle users like you wife(regular users) and they do an amazing job at support; something that Google, Motorola and Verizon really can’t and aren’t prepared to do. Both of the OS’s are based on Unix variants, but the iPhone has years of fine tuning advantage over Google.    Lastly, the Apple app store is amazing, whereas the Google marketplace is good but not in the same universe.   Having said all this, I would buy a Droid again (in a heartbeat) as it’s really a very powerful device, but it reminds me of a Windows computer in its immature state and as a result is more difficult to use than an iPhone, which is really very easy. Sorry for the long winded reply and I hope this helps you. Steve 
Thanks for the suggestion, but it is way too much work for something that is standard in almost all contact apps. This really needs to be fixed, and I am surprised that no one has complained abut... See more...
Thanks for the suggestion, but it is way too much work for something that is standard in almost all contact apps. This really needs to be fixed, and I am surprised that no one has complained abut this before. It’s not enough for Google to have a contact app that syncs with others, but they need to have basic common sense features.
For 300+ contacts? Thanks, but no thanks. That is not a real solution. Almost all contact apps have the ability to sort and display by last name.