Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,455 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

lukevinyl's Posts

There's two possibilities, which are: 1. Essentially an issue with something installed to device (3rd party app, corrupt file/setting etc.) that is preventing the main microphone from working.... See more...
There's two possibilities, which are: 1. Essentially an issue with something installed to device (3rd party app, corrupt file/setting etc.) that is preventing the main microphone from working. OR 2. There is actually something wrong with this microphone/phone itself. The reset would be your best bet to rule out the first possibility, but if this doesn't resolve the issue it is likely the second and there is a problem with the microphone or something related to its normal operation. If it does need to be replaced it would be covered by warranty and wouldn't cost anything (assuming there is no physical damage to the device).
To be fair, they HAVE rewarded loyalty by allowing you to keep a service that is no longer offered.... It also sounds like they aren't trying to take this away from you, so if I am understandi... See more...
To be fair, they HAVE rewarded loyalty by allowing you to keep a service that is no longer offered.... It also sounds like they aren't trying to take this away from you, so if I am understanding correctly-- you are upset because they won't let you keep a grandfathered plan AND pay a lower price?!?! New plans that don't include this old unlimited data feature are priced lower and so the simple fact  is you have to choose whether you want new plans and pricing OR old plans and pricing. I'm also confused by the "ungrateful" comment. Verizon is a business that provides a service when you pay for that service. If you feel you are not getting the services you should for the amount that you are paying, either adjust what you are receiving, what you are paying, or go somewhere that has services you do want for the price that you are willing to pay.
Thanks for the correction! I used the wrong term/word. Replace the "TravelPass" part with "Free CA/MX"....
It is giving this info as when on the ship it will charge pay-as-you-go rates for voice and SMS, and there will not be any data available via the cell network..... While in port it will revert... See more...
It is giving this info as when on the ship it will charge pay-as-you-go rates for voice and SMS, and there will not be any data available via the cell network..... While in port it will revert to the TravelPass feature and would allow free use of your standard domestic plan as if you were still in the U.S.
Yes, this is correct info.... It is looked it as a U.S. phone number but is still on a U.K. network so will require dialing a "+" sign then country code (44) then local Number with area code. ... See more...
Yes, this is correct info.... It is looked it as a U.S. phone number but is still on a U.K. network so will require dialing a "+" sign then country code (44) then local Number with area code. Also, some phones do have assisted dialing that "pre-inserts" the international dialing "+" and country code so if all else fails, turn this off in the phone settings and then dial manually.....
No. If you are not sending them and only using the phone's camera then nothing would be charged.
What do you mean?? You will have to be quite a bit more specific with what you are talking about if you would legitimately like help or an answer....
*228 is only for basic phones.... This would have only been used for initial over-the-air activation and PRL (preferred roaming list) updates on a basic phone but is not only useless on a 4G d... See more...
*228 is only for basic phones.... This would have only been used for initial over-the-air activation and PRL (preferred roaming list) updates on a basic phone but is not only useless on a 4G device, but is (as I was informed by a R&D engineer and developer of wireless devices) a potential danger to the sim and phone itself....
While this can happen with any phone, what matters is when you first purchased it. Assuming there is no physical damage, there is a 1 year warranty that can be used for a replacement that will... See more...
While this can happen with any phone, what matters is when you first purchased it. Assuming there is no physical damage, there is a 1 year warranty that can be used for a replacement that will not cost you anything and you would simply need to call in to VZW customer service to do such. If there is physical damage or has been longer than 1 year since purchased, you would need to have equipment protection (insurance) on the line for a replacement. Being that it is a basic phone (and is less expensive than a smartphone), your best bet would be to just purchase a new phone most likely....
Exactly, which is why I included that info in my reply.....
Look into network extenders which VZW sells, purchased at a one-time charge, no monthly fee.... Does require a high speed internet connection but acts as a micro-cell site/tower and actually ... See more...
Look into network extenders which VZW sells, purchased at a one-time charge, no monthly fee.... Does require a high speed internet connection but acts as a micro-cell site/tower and actually creates a signal (rather than just boosting an existing signal). They generally do work very well and most that get them are quite happy from feedback I've been made aware of. Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 - Verizon Wireless
To be fair, it is the same system regardless of the provider that is being ported from or ported to-- and the same pieces of information are needed and required to match-up in order for a port to... See more...
To be fair, it is the same system regardless of the provider that is being ported from or ported to-- and the same pieces of information are needed and required to match-up in order for a port to be legitimate and process.....
Port-out transactions are naturally protected. Since to port a number  out, the carrier you are porting to requires you provide the account info you are moving from (phone number, account number,... See more...
Port-out transactions are naturally protected. Since to port a number  out, the carrier you are porting to requires you provide the account info you are moving from (phone number, account number, billing address, name on account, and pin or password). As long as you don't give out this info (especially the pin/password) it is safe from porting out by an unauthorized individual....
Sounds like you are in "zoomed" view in the display section of settings....
Huh?? TravelPass has never included anything but calls locally to the country you are in and back to the U.S..... You are agreeing to something that wasn't stated in the original post and i... See more...
Huh?? TravelPass has never included anything but calls locally to the country you are in and back to the U.S..... You are agreeing to something that wasn't stated in the original post and is not only pretty well known (if you call other countries you will pay international long distance charges) but is also just telephone basics..... TravelPass even has it in the name ("travel"). I am not sure how you could feel calling other countries is included let alone state that this was promised...... If you TRAVEL to other countries you need an international roaming/travel plan. If you CALL to other countries you need an international calling/dialing plan.
My sincere condolences.... I am sorry, but you do need to call in as this is what is needed under the circumstances. While I can't say they won't require only you letting them know why, typ... See more...
My sincere condolences.... I am sorry, but you do need to call in as this is what is needed under the circumstances. While I can't say they won't require only you letting them know why, typically they are good with getting this done for you simply and easily....
I recommend just calling the 1-800-922-0204 number as they will then ask for the IMEI/ICCID that should either be listed on the invoice that came with the device or on the box. Doing it this w... See more...
I recommend just calling the 1-800-922-0204 number as they will then ask for the IMEI/ICCID that should either be listed on the invoice that came with the device or on the box. Doing it this way will make it so they can confirm it is working with your number before letting you go off of the line so you don't have to call back in the event it is not functioning correctly....
Not a single person told you that "it won't download pdfs".... Rather than trying to (wrongly) correct any of the 3 people who advised you on how to do this you could say nothing, or simply ex... See more...
Not a single person told you that "it won't download pdfs".... Rather than trying to (wrongly) correct any of the 3 people who advised you on how to do this you could say nothing, or simply express your gratitude for taking the time to show you how to do something you didn't know how to do..... Glad "you" got it figured out
Gallery is not going to open that type of a file format as it is only for pictures. As was mentioned, you need to use a file manager app (which "My Files" is the stock version as Ann154​ state... See more...
Gallery is not going to open that type of a file format as it is only for pictures. As was mentioned, you need to use a file manager app (which "My Files" is the stock version as Ann154​ stated). Otherwise, you can download any file explorer type app from the Play Store and navigate to the correct "download" folder which could be in various areas depending on the phone, or where the folder was set to save to...... If you don't see it you can usually search for "downloads" within the file explorer app (though I don't know if it will give you this capability in the stock one).
Not sure what "network-wide issue" you're referring to..... Data issues occur for many reasons and most have a simple or basic reason or explanation & can't logically be assumed to be remotely... See more...
Not sure what "network-wide issue" you're referring to..... Data issues occur for many reasons and most have a simple or basic reason or explanation & can't logically be assumed to be remotely related to your situation..... What plan are you on??? This is the first piece of info that could help....