Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,869 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

somercamb's Posts

It's all over-   https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/16/23075448/verizon-phone-bill-increase-administrative-fee
This was the email: "We are committed to bringing you the best experience on your Shared Data plan. Due to rising operational costs, you'll see an increase of $6/mo. on your current plan, which ... See more...
This was the email: "We are committed to bringing you the best experience on your Shared Data plan. Due to rising operational costs, you'll see an increase of $6/mo. on your current plan, which will appear on your bill as a separate charge, no sooner than 7.19.22."   *I removed total equip coverage just last week and I would imagine/hope it is just a coincidence they would be increasing to cover for that.
1) How long does your battery last? ANSWER: As an example, during work (10 hour day), I always left my phone on the Lollipop battery saver (including turning off Wi-Fi, data, brightness and goi... See more...
1) How long does your battery last? ANSWER: As an example, during work (10 hour day), I always left my phone on the Lollipop battery saver (including turning off Wi-Fi, data, brightness and going to grey scale) when not in use. By the end of the day, with normal usage, I'd be no lower than 70%. At this very moment, 4 hours into my day and with "ultra power saving" previously on (and on when not in use), I'm at 75%. I have already performed the wipe cache and never stream videos/music at work. What apps do you use, and what do you do on your phone? ANSWER: Rarely video/music stream 90% of the time, I  use Gmail, chrome and calendar. I've had the same apps before updating to Android 6.0.1 I'm sure well aware that this is a huge issue, even based on the Verizon forums, let alone other non-Verizon forums discussing this problem. Thank you
Hi there This is my second time with marshmallow on my S5. Battery drain issues both times, even without using it for an hour (maybe 1-2% with lollipop vs 5-8% with marshmallow). After the fir... See more...
Hi there This is my second time with marshmallow on my S5. Battery drain issues both times, even without using it for an hour (maybe 1-2% with lollipop vs 5-8% with marshmallow). After the first time, I did a hard reset and stayed with lollipop and just dealt with having to tap away the marshmallow upgrade message  which  appears it is not possible to disable. Is that correct? I only updated a second time because I accidentally tapped the upgrade button. Is there a fix with the battery drain issue? Thank you
I have a Alpine 137BT bluetooth car stereo. My S5 with Lollipop 5.0 will not show the artist/album/song tags on the stereo's display. I know this has been asked many times, but is there any updat... See more...
I have a Alpine 137BT bluetooth car stereo. My S5 with Lollipop 5.0 will not show the artist/album/song tags on the stereo's display. I know this has been asked many times, but is there any update on this? I have played music with the google play music app and my Subsonic app. the music plays but no tags shown. However, my S3 with Android 4.4.2 does show the show the tags on the display. I have tried everything: factory reset both phones, reset the stereo, etc. thank you
Anyone know if the "chrome samsung support library" app (I assume pre-installed) on the gs5 is necessary? thank you
When is the s5 getting android 6?
Thank you To confirm, it is only a security patch ? When is the s5 getting android 6?
Hi MichelleS_VZW and @VZWSupport, First off, please respect the poster's question. I find it offensive and insulting one's intelligence by attempting to placate the poster/customer with corp... See more...
Hi MichelleS_VZW and @VZWSupport, First off, please respect the poster's question. I find it offensive and insulting one's intelligence by attempting to placate the poster/customer with corporate speak like "Updates are exciting". Just respond professionally and appropriately. I installed a Verizon update  yesterday thinking it was android 6 (it is not; I still have android 5), but cannot find any info on the update. I have a Samsung s5. Please explain this update in detail. Thank you
never mind. i see they just moved it
Have they also removed the oh-so very useful "clear All" for the notifications?
thank you! It's nice that they (Google, Verizon, Samsung, etc.) are transparent with their info on the updates. Cheers again!
Ok, so I just updated my galaxy s3 to KitKat 4.4.2. 1) To Verizon- Why has the battery meter gone WHITE instead of Green-Orange-Red-, etc.? Is there a way to change this? Will it turn ORANGE ... See more...
Ok, so I just updated my galaxy s3 to KitKat 4.4.2. 1) To Verizon- Why has the battery meter gone WHITE instead of Green-Orange-Red-, etc.? Is there a way to change this? Will it turn ORANGE or RED as the battery decreases? 1A) Was this Verizon's or Samsung's decision? 1B) And more importantly, why was this not mentioned in the Verizon PDF update (http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/galaxy_s3-6-19-14.pdf)? I understand you want to promote the additions (most of which is bloatware and things most people do not care about) , but how about giving us a heads up on ALL changes? 1C) And what other changes are there? Is there a full list of ALL changes and not just the ones mentioned briefly in the above PDF? 2) What is the 'N' in my notification area (see screenshot with circled 'N')? Thank you
Has anyone called Verizon tech or custer support in the last wek or so? I did today and it re-routed me to a MyVerizon app (did not dial the # at all), where I would then need to tap "dial custom... See more...
Has anyone called Verizon tech or custer support in the last wek or so? I did today and it re-routed me to a MyVerizon app (did not dial the # at all), where I would then need to tap "dial customer service" and then input the last 4 of my SS # and THEN it dials....Very frustrating and obnoxious. Essentially, Verizon is telling us that they do not want us to keep their phone jockeys tied up with a question that we are "supposed" to answer on our own via the app....??!?!?!? Thoughts? I have a galaxy S3
I have a Galaxy S3 and have this problem. I check that my appointments are in fact being inputted into my google calendar and NOT phone calendar. Every minute I am getting a pop-up that says "unn... See more...
I have a Galaxy S3 and have this problem. I check that my appointments are in fact being inputted into my google calendar and NOT phone calendar. Every minute I am getting a pop-up that says "unnable to sync with google calendar" which slows down my phone. Events I put into my web/desktop calendar do show up in my phone but not vice-versa. Thank you for any help. There appears to be a known similar issue with Apple products- Google Calendar Known Issues - Google Calendar Help
thank you AdamE. Any answer would be appreicated even though I am afraid it will be bad news for us all
correct, sort of. You could not copy multiple links/addresses at one time, but in succession. There was  a "paste from clipboard" option (which saved clips from the most recent to days ago) as we... See more...
correct, sort of. You could not copy multiple links/addresses at one time, but in succession. There was  a "paste from clipboard" option (which saved clips from the most recent to days ago) as well as a "paste" option (which would paste the last item copied). This was not just in gmail but any area which you were able to copy. Makes me sad as it was very useful.
In the previous froyo version, when I held my finger on different email links in gmail, I was able to paste all of them from the clipboard. With Gingerbread, I do not have the clipboard option an... See more...
In the previous froyo version, when I held my finger on different email links in gmail, I was able to paste all of them from the clipboard. With Gingerbread, I do not have the clipboard option and can only copy one item at a time. Is there a workaround?