Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,362 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

harleyman22's Posts

A friend of mine received his Jetpack the same time I received mine. Recently we were both throttled back to unusable speeds.  We both called customer service and complained. He was let out of hi... See more...
A friend of mine received his Jetpack the same time I received mine. Recently we were both throttled back to unusable speeds.  We both called customer service and complained. He was let out of his contract and was able to upgrade to an IPad for a $30 few and no device payments.  I asked for the same deal from Verizon and was told that it couldn't be done. Sounds very unfair to me.
He probably will along with many others. He's upset because Verizon sees $10 as more important than his business.
Here is an example: How much faster is 3G than Safety Mode?
Verizon reps were all over the community forums stating 3G speeds were expected to be 2 mbps
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah bla blaahhh.
The "fine print" said 3G speed after 10 gb. Dig into the fine print all you want and it isn't going to tell you that 3G to Verizon is .2 mbps..
Hmmm...interesting. Thanks for the info.
I wish you the best of luck and if you end up taking them to court we will be rooting for you. I'm probably going to end up forking out the $175 and moving on from Verizon and never giving them a... See more...
I wish you the best of luck and if you end up taking them to court we will be rooting for you. I'm probably going to end up forking out the $175 and moving on from Verizon and never giving them another penny of my money.
Sylvia Have you been reading all of the posts on this subject?  We don't need to review the details again. If I were you I would be extremely upset with my employer right now. When they make th... See more...
Sylvia Have you been reading all of the posts on this subject?  We don't need to review the details again. If I were you I would be extremely upset with my employer right now. When they make these kind of underhanded decisions they are hurting the customer, but even more so they are hurting something that is hard to get back-their reputation.  This affects you even more because they are messing with your career. They make the decisions and then leave you and your coworkers to try to smooth it over and clean up the mess they created. Thank you for your concern,  Sylvia, but the damage done here is too much for many customers to overlook.
The DSL I cancelled was priced way less than the crappy Verizon that I get now so could you please explain how paying more for Verizon is being "cheap"??
We know what's happening.  Verizon is throttling speeds down to unusable levels on customers who have jetpacks and calling it 3G. How are you going to change that Javier? Also, could you explain... See more...
We know what's happening.  Verizon is throttling speeds down to unusable levels on customers who have jetpacks and calling it 3G. How are you going to change that Javier? Also, could you explain why the Verizon agent in this thread stated 3G should be 2 mbps? How much faster is 3G than Safety Mode?
Can someone explain to me why the Verizon rep in this thread stated 3G speed is 2.0 mbps? How much faster is 3G than Safety Mode? Let me guess...misinformed?
You've been Verizonized!!! Welcome to the  club.
Ann, Ann, Ann...please explain to me why Verizon's top 3G speed is .60mbps(600 kbps) and AT&T' s top 3G speed is 3.0 mbps (3000 kbps). That's 5x faster. Is that in the FAQ's anywhere?  I can't se... See more...
Ann, Ann, Ann...please explain to me why Verizon's top 3G speed is .60mbps(600 kbps) and AT&T' s top 3G speed is 3.0 mbps (3000 kbps). That's 5x faster. Is that in the FAQ's anywhere?  I can't seem to find it.
The current 3G download speed on my AT&T GoPhone is 2.2mbps. That's 2200 kbps to you, Ann.
Same thing happened to me. When the rep at the store did a speed test, her first words were.."Oh my"
Same here..i had one rep ready to send me a new jetpack
They are trying to redefine what 3G is. I have previous replies by Verizon customer service reps that state 3G speeds should be around 2 mbps. Now that unlimited data is in play it has suddenly d... See more...
They are trying to redefine what 3G is. I have previous replies by Verizon customer service reps that state 3G speeds should be around 2 mbps. Now that unlimited data is in play it has suddenly dropped to .6 mbps.
The towers I connect to are in a town with a population of 350 people. How much congestion could there be at 4 a.m.?
The problem with the 14 day policy, Alicia, is Verizon did not start throttling people down to unusable speeds until 2 billing cycles AFTER the unlimited data plan was introduced...sooo..by the t... See more...
The problem with the 14 day policy, Alicia, is Verizon did not start throttling people down to unusable speeds until 2 billing cycles AFTER the unlimited data plan was introduced...sooo..by the time the throttling occurred it was TOO LATE!!