Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,303 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

MATHIS35's Posts

I have one of the "safe" Note 7's that we're still hearing about catching fire. Per many stories on tech blogs, Verizon has started to allow returns/exchanges of these second gen Notes as well. I... See more...
I have one of the "safe" Note 7's that we're still hearing about catching fire. Per many stories on tech blogs, Verizon has started to allow returns/exchanges of these second gen Notes as well. I chatted with online tech support and that was verified, including that any restocking fee would be waived. Just have to take it to any Verizon store and they'll swap it out with something else. This was after verifying my account, date of purchase, etc. So I call local store to get stock of S7s, and he tells me they can't accept a return or exchange because it's been 16 days since original delivery. Sorry. That's all. Store manager told me that until they receive official word from Samsung that there is another issue, they can't make exceptions to the 14 day rule. I tried to explain I'd already spoken to someone at Verizon and confirmed it was ok. He put me on hold, did something, then came back saying yes, it can be returned only within the 14 days. Nice.