Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,537 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

vanigo's Posts

Hi Ann I was wondering if the update to 7.1.1 was automatic?
I only have a regular account and I can read my text messages on Verizon's website feature called send and manage messages.
dexman hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. even so that would not account for the amount of usage these people are saying they are being billed for, and like you said it should be accounted as  A... See more...
dexman hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. even so that would not account for the amount of usage these people are saying they are being billed for, and like you said it should be accounted as  Administrative purposes as opposed to user activity.
Hi John if this was happening "3. Your device is off and this is delayed data usage reporting due to Extended Service Area agreements with the local tower owners" Tracking your usage would sti... See more...
Hi John if this was happening "3. Your device is off and this is delayed data usage reporting due to Extended Service Area agreements with the local tower owners" Tracking your usage would still be the same billed just the time stamps would be off. Also "The Jetpack cannot consume data even if its compromised if it is turned off." what if someone has cloned the devices signal and is using a cloned jetpack or facsimile down the street while the original it turned off.
[removed] I agree with you It is near impossible to get anything done without a exhorted effort on the part of the customer.Sadly there are misleading salespeople/CS/TS both in the stores and ove... See more...
[removed] I agree with you It is near impossible to get anything done without a exhorted effort on the part of the customer.Sadly there are misleading salespeople/CS/TS both in the stores and over the phone. They just want you to say yes or sign a contract and you have to suffer with the unfulfilled promises.To be fair of course there are customers that apply the same reasoning as they are subjected too which only makes matters worse. I remember when this was a regulated business and they could never get away with the distortions they continue to apply to sales,service and repairs. IMO I am sure some aspects would be much better today if the phone company was still a monopoly. Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator.
I cant say for sure it depends on whats in-between the cantenna and your new location for your router. I am losing signal strength in parts of my house, particularly down in the basement. Can... See more...
I cant say for sure it depends on whats in-between the cantenna and your new location for your router. I am losing signal strength in parts of my house, particularly down in the basement. Can a Cantenna bridge that gap and how can I maximize its effect? Yes, the Super Cantenna may help to boost the signal depending on the layout of your house, and the obstruction that is weakening the signal. Signal strength decreases as the distance between base station and your computer increases. Try moving your base station and Cantenna away from the wall, metal tables, cabinets, or similar obstructions. Experiment by pointing the Cantenna in different directions, even away from the area that you are trying to reach. Sometimes rotating the Cantenna on its axis so that the connector points sideways or up will help to boost the signal. Finally, in your basement try moving your laptop toward the middle of the room, away from the walls or metal. You can also try tilting your laptop (or Wi-Fi receiver if you have a desktop computer) on its horizontal axis. I want to mount my Cantenna about 25 feet away from my base station. Can you provide me with a 25 foot long Pigtail? In general, the longer a Pigtail is, the more of a signal loss you may experience. For that reason, we currently limit production of our cables to 10 feet. 25 feet would cause a severe signal loss. You could purchase a wireless bridge, such as the Linksys WET54G, which attaches to your Ethernet port. A 25-foot long Ethernet cable could then be used without substantial signal loss. Cantenna Answers
If this was happening to me I would bring my unit to a VZ store to keep over night and have them see that it is being used even though its in their possession.
I couldn't find this thread this morning and posted this on this thread  Data usage mystery and regular 6 hour reporting.  where you posted about this problem. can you restrict your router t... See more...
I couldn't find this thread this morning and posted this on this thread  Data usage mystery and regular 6 hour reporting.  where you posted about this problem. can you restrict your router to only allow certain devices to connect to it? It is a shame that most cs and tech support assume that we are not doing something right when the problem is a technical one on the companies side of the connection and waste our time instead of escalating it.
okay Ann isn't the data being used from a phone? Have you tried removing your sim card and reinserting it?
Have you loaned your phone to someone even to just make a phone call or has anyone had access to it without your knowledge? What type of phone do you have? Have you tried removing your sim card... See more...
Have you loaned your phone to someone even to just make a phone call or has anyone had access to it without your knowledge? What type of phone do you have? Have you tried removing your sim card and reinserting it? how about clearing your cache? Are you talking about standby or power off maybe there is a app using data in the background?
Yes correct. Some people say they have unlimited and leave off  with x gb high speed then with a lower speed unlimited.
Is a Pixel 2 a Samsung phone? OTA update what is this abbreviation mean? Does FDR mean full device reboot?
Have you used up the high speed data for your plan 3gb 7 gb 10 gb because it drops down to 125 kps and maybe the hotspot will not work with 125 kps.
This is a copy and paste from your link no images but pre paid has hot spot service now. at high speed Plan includes Unlimited U.S. Talk & Text Carryover Data Mobile hotspot Unlimite... See more...
This is a copy and paste from your link no images but pre paid has hot spot service now. at high speed Plan includes Unlimited U.S. Talk & Text Carryover Data Mobile hotspot Unlimited Text to over 200 international destinations   class="subText margin0" Carryover Data Mobile hotspot Unlimited Text to over 200 international destinations     class="subText margin0" Carryover Data Mobile hotspot Unlimited Text to over 200 international destinations
stef is this what your talking about? http://joyofandroid.com/wipe-the-system-cache-partition-android-devices/
Have you tried resetting the phone to factory settings? How about disabling it in the app manager then restarting the app if you dont want to reset to factory settings. If that does not help an... See more...
Have you tried resetting the phone to factory settings? How about disabling it in the app manager then restarting the app if you dont want to reset to factory settings. If that does not help and its still under warranty get it  to whomever can service it under your warranty.
I dont have a pixel 2 but just turning my phone over turns the alarm off. I can also set my volume buttons to snooze,dismiss or silence the alarm. If there is a saved alarm it needs to be remov... See more...
I dont have a pixel 2 but just turning my phone over turns the alarm off. I can also set my volume buttons to snooze,dismiss or silence the alarm. If there is a saved alarm it needs to be removed or it might be set without you realizing it. Maybe you have the puzzle lock turned on? I never used the do not disturb feature.
Stef they are not claiming anything other than fast speeds for 4G LTE. My question was since they advertise equal speeds 50/50 100/100 150/150 for home service is it the same on wireless? Obvio... See more...
Stef they are not claiming anything other than fast speeds for 4G LTE. My question was since they advertise equal speeds 50/50 100/100 150/150 for home service is it the same on wireless? Obviously the answer is no as always I appreciate the extra info.
Stef real world results are always different. Speedtest results for 4G LTE in my area were 55/9  49/6 48/11 and the narrowest spread was 48/27.These tests were run sporadically over the last 3 w... See more...
Stef real world results are always different. Speedtest results for 4G LTE in my area were 55/9  49/6 48/11 and the narrowest spread was 48/27.These tests were run sporadically over the last 3 weeks.I am happy with these 4G LTE speeds. Since VZ advertises equal speeds  50/50 100/100 150/150  for home service. I was just wondering  what VZW 4G LTE speed is supposed to be?
stef7 wrote: https://www.verizonwireless.com/articles/4g-lte-speeds-vs-your-home-network/ Interesting reading. This is on the horizon 5G the CEO has said that the high rate of a... See more...
stef7 wrote: https://www.verizonwireless.com/articles/4g-lte-speeds-vs-your-home-network/ Interesting reading. This is on the horizon 5G the CEO has said that the high rate of adoption of data by consumers has caught providers with not enough oomph to deliver. Skyworks Releases 5G Technology Paper (NASDAQ:SWKS)