Update - VZW created a ticket for the network team (After ~5 hours of having me reboot over and over). Network team fixed it in less than 5 minutes. Not sure what was done (didn't ask), but glad... See more...
Update - VZW created a ticket for the network team (After ~5 hours of having me reboot over and over). Network team fixed it in less than 5 minutes. Not sure what was done (didn't ask), but glad it's working again. If you have the same issue, jump through hoops with customer service until a ticket to the network team is opened.
I have a 4G LTE Extender 2 that has been working for the past 6 months with no issues. Recently (after upgrading my phone), the extender has stopped working. Simple troubleshooting points to it b... See more...
I have a 4G LTE Extender 2 that has been working for the past 6 months with no issues. Recently (after upgrading my phone), the extender has stopped working. Simple troubleshooting points to it being an issue on VZW's end, however getting through to support and working with Tier-1 has proven  to be very stressful / useless. The extender can get outside my network as I see it connect to location services and even Verizon VPN. It authenticates with the Serving network, but then fails at step 11a-e when it try's to connect to the Serving Management Server. Furthermore, I no longer see my extender on my account, however this may just  be Verizon's new account management style as one of the reps said they re-added it to my account, but still the issue remains. At this point, we have been without cell service for 20+ days, but yet VZW has no issues sending us the bill each month. What do I have to do to get some help with this issue? I'd love for my extender to get back on VZW's network and a refund for the missed time... ANY help would be very appreciated as I am loosing money every day this doesn't work. Some things I have tried myself and with Tier-1 support. - Rebooted extender - Reset extender to factory settings - rebooted entire network Things I can verify: - Extender is getting DHCP properly and is contacting external sites (including VZW) without issue. VZW Serving Mgt Server is not giving me the reply I need to continue to step 12. - I have ~12 active Satellites - If I connect the device to a completely separate network, I get stopped on the exact same step (11a-e == Connecting to Serving mgt Server) - I see other forum posts with the same issue, but never a resolution Please help...
1) Verizon's website lists a family unlimited plan for $40 a line, with a (4) line requirement among other hoops to jump through (paperless billing, direct pay, etc.) Are there ANY other hidden f... See more...
1) Verizon's website lists a family unlimited plan for $40 a line, with a (4) line requirement among other hoops to jump through (paperless billing, direct pay, etc.) Are there ANY other hidden fees with this, or is the bill for four people $160 + taxes? (Hidden fees such as additional line access fees or anything else stuck on there) * Assuming devices are paid for, etc. 2) Lets say Joe is paying off his cell phone monthly and owes 6 months left at a reduced rate due to a promotion that was going on when he purchased his phone. If Joe cancels his service, Joe needs to pay the full amount of the remaining balance on that phone, rather than the promotional rate. What happens if Joe decides to merge his account with another VZW user? Joe's number would remain the same, but his account would dissolve in to another account. Being that VZW ties these promotions to phone numbers and not accounts, would Joe still be paying his promotional rate for the remainder of the 6 months, or be charged the full amount as if he had quit? 3) With the current "new line" promotion ($300 off a new device), wouldn't it save a ton of money if we quit our plan (no money owed on our devices) and simply sign back up with new phone numbers and enjoy the discount on new devices? Changing our numbers would only add work to VZW, so kinda silly how we get more off to cause them more work, but this goes along with the "Never help loyal customers" policy they have been running for decades. Lastly, we would still have our old devices to sell and make even more money off of...
Hi Boomer, not sure if we share the same fate or not, but the same thing you mention began happening to me as well. Come to find out, VZW was removing local cell antennas from my area and moving ... See more...
Hi Boomer, not sure if we share the same fate or not, but the same thing you mention began happening to me as well. Come to find out, VZW was removing local cell antennas from my area and moving them to other parts of the state where they were severely over subscribed to help that area out, and in turn gimping mine. Just thought I'd let you know before you go down a rabbit hole with VZW blaming your cell phone.
Anyone know how to make the Gizmo Hub update properly with the location of the Gizmo Gadget when checked? It claims the watch never moves unless I put custom checks in. (It should constantly upda... See more...
Anyone know how to make the Gizmo Hub update properly with the location of the Gizmo Gadget when checked? It claims the watch never moves unless I put custom checks in. (It should constantly update the location every time I look at the map). Thus far, this is just an expensive inaccurate step counter.