I recently purchased a beyond unlimited plan and a jetpack hotspot.  After i first purchased it i checked and i have 4 bars.  I also ran a speedtest and i got over 50mb download speeds.  I used t... See more...
I recently purchased a beyond unlimited plan and a jetpack hotspot.  After i first purchased it i checked and i have 4 bars.  I also ran a speedtest and i got over 50mb download speeds.  I used the 15gb of data over the next few days and speeds were great.  After the 15gb were up i was expecting a drop in speed to 600kb or so which i could deal with.  What it dropped to was so slow it takes like 30+ seconds to load a webpage.  I ran a few more speedtests and the best was .41mb and the lowest was .11mb.  What is even worse is the connection fluctuates so much it is near impossible to do any interactive activities like a game with other people.  When i went to work i left my connection active and downloading a file 3 different days to see how bad it was.  All 3 days i averaged 2.2gb over 9+ hours of download time.  That averages to less than 72kb a second.  That is just an average of 12% of the 600kb it should be able to reach on the plan over an extended period of time.  What is worse is that is less than .15% of the speeds my connection is capable of reaching.  My question is this is Verizon going to reduce or remove the restriction they put on their plans to make connections reach even close to the 600k they advertise or should i just cancel my service and find some other unlimited wireless carrier.