Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,327 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

VZW_consumer's Posts

Just an FYI for those that may be following this thread.  Below is the conversation with Verizon and progress to resolve the no LTE issue I am having. >> Direct Message content remo... See more...
Just an FYI for those that may be following this thread.  Below is the conversation with Verizon and progress to resolve the no LTE issue I am having. >> Direct Message content removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service << Edited by:  Verizon Moderator
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:                  Good morning VZW_consumer! I have sent you a DM to assist you further! Please review and reply, we'll work on prompt res... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:                  Good morning VZW_consumer! I have sent you a DM to assist you further! Please review and reply, we'll work on prompt resolution to this issue. AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport   AntonioC_VZW, DM sent with all requested info. Thank You
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:                 You're welcome VZW_consumer. Our goal is to get you back to the blazing fast speeds you are accustomed to. When you perfo... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:                 You're welcome VZW_consumer. Our goal is to get you back to the blazing fast speeds you are accustomed to. When you performed the factory reset, did you restore all your current applications? Our last step is to file a trouble-ticket for the area to instigate why you're having issues. We can process one for you. You can send us a private message or call us from an alternate phone. KinquanaH_VZW Follow us to twitter @vzwsupport   KinquanaH_VZW, The applications were not restored during the recovery.  Can you please file a trouble-ticket for the area?  I cannot send a direct/private message to you since my follow has not been accepted.
KinquanaH_VZW, I tried sending a private message but it didn't work.  I have already followed, but still shows as awaiting approval.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Can you please hel... See more...
KinquanaH_VZW, I tried sending a private message but it didn't work.  I have already followed, but still shows as awaiting approval.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Can you please help?
B33 wrote: Even though the introduction of these new bands the older one's still exist so I think for O.P. getting a new Sim Card is probably what the phone needs.. Maybe a PRL updated... See more...
B33 wrote: Even though the introduction of these new bands the older one's still exist so I think for O.P. getting a new Sim Card is probably what the phone needs.. Maybe a PRL updated which should update as soon as the new card is Activated and installed. in his or her phone.. b Thanks for the advise.  I was hoping it would be something simple.  I have been holding off going into a Verizon store hoping the problem would just go away on it's own.  It's been over a month now and still no change.  I'll wait and see what the customer service reps recommend here in this thread.
stef7 wrote: The introduction / enabling of the AWS Band4 XLTE? XLTE - Verizon Wireless XLTE Are you hinting that this could possible have an affect on not connecting to LTE? ... See more...
stef7 wrote: The introduction / enabling of the AWS Band4 XLTE? XLTE - Verizon Wireless XLTE Are you hinting that this could possible have an affect on not connecting to LTE?  I had no idea of this new frequency band.  I'm using an older phone (XT912), so not sure if the radio is even capable of sending/receiving using the new frequency.
B33 wrote: The Droid Razr Maxx probably won't be seeing any more updates unless maybe for something minor or for security, I have a Razr Maxx as well not tied to any line any longer bu... See more...
B33 wrote: The Droid Razr Maxx probably won't be seeing any more updates unless maybe for something minor or for security, I have a Razr Maxx as well not tied to any line any longer but I can still turn it on and check for updates and it has been a long time since seeing any.. Yeah, I kinda figured that when we did not get the kit kat update.
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:                  Thanks VZW_consumer. I check the area and show great coverage in your area. Have you added any new applications that may... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:                  Thanks VZW_consumer. I check the area and show great coverage in your area. Have you added any new applications that may be causing you issues? Any significant changes in your area? Our last step is to file a trouble-ticket to let our technicians investigate the area. KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport   KinquanaH_VZW, Thank you for your reply.  No new applications.  In fact I did a full factory reset and same results with poor 3G connection and no LTE.   I'm not sure what you mean by "Any significant changes in your area?".  I am not aware of others (friends and family) experiencing poor reception and no LTE near my home or at my work. Any help to fix the issue is greatly appreciated.
YosefT_VZW, Thanks for the quick reply. Answers to your questions: Zip Code 85132 Razr Maxx XT912 No recent updates
LTE had been working great on my phone for over 2 years.  Since 8/11 my phone will only connect to 3G and the signal is weak causing frequent disconnects.  This happens at home and also 10 miles ... See more...
LTE had been working great on my phone for over 2 years.  Since 8/11 my phone will only connect to 3G and the signal is weak causing frequent disconnects.  This happens at home and also 10 miles away where I work.  Will a new SIM fix the issue?  I have already tried every thing listed by Verizon under the device support troubleshooting section.   Any other ideas?
Thats not entirely true -  In many cases you don't have to pay full price of the phone to upgrade.  The OP never mentioned what type of plan they are currently on.  I would recommend turning off ... See more...
Thats not entirely true -  In many cases you don't have to pay full price of the phone to upgrade.  The OP never mentioned what type of plan they are currently on.  I would recommend turning off auto-reply if thats how you have your account set up.
rdoactv wrote: I loved it until today. I got the dreaded ICS automatic download. Not by choice. It ***** now.I hate it. Lags,freezes, the screen lock is just for looks..it doesn't work, ... See more...
rdoactv wrote: I loved it until today. I got the dreaded ICS automatic download. Not by choice. It ***** now.I hate it. Lags,freezes, the screen lock is just for looks..it doesn't work,  and the extra battery life for Maxx is now null and void. Hate the new OS. Buy an iphone. I had GB for a few hours before the ICS update was forced onto me.  GB was not anywhere visually comparable to GB on my facinate.  Guess each mfg does there own thing with android.  After the update to ICS, my first impression was I hated it.  Given a week has past using ICS, it's not as bad as I originally thought.  Browser is so much better.  Settings and such are still a bit awkward and not as easy to get to.  I'm hanging in and hoping for a possible update to JB.  Good luck.
avidskier wrote: The first phone I had completely froze and none of the buttons worked.  I had not downloaded any apps or added anything.  I only had it about a week or so. Yesterday I... See more...
avidskier wrote: The first phone I had completely froze and none of the buttons worked.  I had not downloaded any apps or added anything.  I only had it about a week or so. Yesterday I tried to put a pause on the voice mail password so I wouldn't have to enter my password everytime I called voicemail and the phone would not save the change.  Even after I did the factory reset today with Verizon on the phone, it still would not save the change.  I could still use the phone, however I would have to put my password in each time and when I used the bluetooth feature through my new car stereo.  It's supposed to be an easy change and I followed the directions, however it didn't work. I can't say that I have ran into any of those issues.  It may be because I have not tried those features.  Other than a few problems with some of the apps my biggest complaints are: crappy camera, crappy video and poor battery life.  If I trade up for a Maxx the battery life issue will go away.  That's a big plus for me.  The video quality is not really that important to me but I wished the camera was a little better.  Overall I am quite happy with the phone.  Hope things work out for you.
Hi all, I just got a new Razr and have been using it for about 3 days now.  It's a nice phone and I don't have to many problems with it other than battery life.  So I'm thinking of swapping it... See more...
Hi all, I just got a new Razr and have been using it for about 3 days now.  It's a nice phone and I don't have to many problems with it other than battery life.  So I'm thinking of swapping it for another phone that has better battery life.  I have narrowed down the choices to a just a few and would appreciate some help deciding.  All feedback is welcome. My choices are: Droid Raze Maxx Samsung Galaxy SIII Comparing the two.  From what I have read the maxx will give the best overall battery life.  I have also read the GS3 also provides pretty good battery life.  So either should work for me in that respect.  I originally was thinking of getting the GS3 but had read complaints of the screen breaking too easily.  That may or may not be a factor as I'm considering getting ins (not something i usually do).  Anyways they both seem to be pretty good spec wise.  One thing I'm not real sure of is the "look" of the GS3.  There are several people in my office that have this phone and all of them are the white version.  I don't really care for white so the pebble blue would be my choice.  But I have not seen one in person and pics on the internet don't really give a good indication of how it looks and feels.  Please don't come down on me for saying this, but... I get the feeling this phone looks like a "girl" phone.  Are there others that feel this way?  Or is it just the advertising that gives that impression.  BTW all those in my office that have this phone are girls, not a single guy.  Why didn't they make a black version? Now, this gets even sillier but here goes.  My razr is BLUE!  and I think it looks awesome.  I wish the maxx came in blue or even black rather than silver and it would be a easy choice.  That's not the biggest hang up with the maxx but rather the xtra $100 over the GS3.  Money is tight but I really don't want to be stuck with a poor battery phone for another 2 years, been there and done that with my facinate. What say you?
I have the standard razr but am considering exchanging for a maxx, or possibly an S3 or Nexus.  My kids have ipods and they have been a pain to deal with.  So I'm not much of an apple fan. Wha... See more...
I have the standard razr but am considering exchanging for a maxx, or possibly an S3 or Nexus.  My kids have ipods and they have been a pain to deal with.  So I'm not much of an apple fan. What specificaly are the problems you are having with the phone?
Yes both actions are set and on.  When connected to WiFi the action shows as "active" (bright blue icon).  Clicking on the action (while active) shows blue bars for the trigger and both actions. ... See more...
Yes both actions are set and on.  When connected to WiFi the action shows as "active" (bright blue icon).  Clicking on the action (while active) shows blue bars for the trigger and both actions.  After going into the phone settings and checking the ringer volume, it did not change to 100%.  The action should have changed it.  So it's not just the sound that is not working but also the volume action.  This is the only action in the list.  I tried deleting it and creating again - same behavior. I'm still within my 14 day window and am thinking of returning the phone. Is the problem I am seeing a known issue with these phones ?  What is the fix, if any?
I just got my Razr and am trying to figure out how the smart actions work. But cant seem to get any sound out of them. This is a really basic action that I created: Trigger - WiFi connecti... See more...
I just got my Razr and am trying to figure out how the smart actions work. But cant seem to get any sound out of them. This is a really basic action that I created: Trigger - WiFi connection: Any WiFi network Actions - Ringer Volume: 100% - Ringtone: DROID Speaks I am assuming that as the phone connects to a WiFi connection, the ringer volume is set at 100% and the ringtone plays.  It seems to be partially working because as soon as a WiFi is turned on and connects the action shows up in the notifications, but without any sound. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Thanks for the info.  My old phone is a fascinate as well. OT:  I got the std razr but am considering exchanging for a maxx (added battery life).  Or possibly a nexus.  Just need to spend some... See more...
Thanks for the info.  My old phone is a fascinate as well. OT:  I got the std razr but am considering exchanging for a maxx (added battery life).  Or possibly a nexus.  Just need to spend some time with the phone to see how it works for me.
I am thinking of doing the same with my old Android device.  I'm assuming it would be similar to a tablet, but much smaller - a mini-tablet.  Good Luck
That's great to hear.  Over the years I have been duped many times by sales people.  By the time cell phones came aroud I was a bit older and much wiser.  Cell phone service and equipt is expensi... See more...
That's great to hear.  Over the years I have been duped many times by sales people.  By the time cell phones came aroud I was a bit older and much wiser.  Cell phone service and equipt is expensive and up there with automobiles.  Walking into a Verizon store and saying I want that phone is like waling on to a car lot and saying the same thing.  I may not always get the best deals but I do take the time to shop around for the best price.  This time it just so happened that verizons online service happened to be the best deal.  IMO, I don't believe there is a glitch with the system but rather it's just as the "bot" told you. Cheers