Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.2K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Bruce27u01's Posts

Hello Community Support, I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra with 1 tb of hdd space. According the Samsung's own instructions (https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/how-to-... See more...
Hello Community Support, I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra with 1 tb of hdd space. According the Samsung's own instructions (https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-galaxy-device-in-an-emergency-to-contact-emergency-contacts-and-view-important-medical-information/) I should be able to add emergency contacts using the instructions noted in the link provided. However, as much as I tried I am unable to add emergency contacts using those instructions. After contacting Samsung's technical support who tried to assist with the request; in the end I was not able to add emergency contacts - an alternative is to add the contact with the following in their first name "I.C.E." But that is a temporary solution; I paid over a $1,000 for the phone - why can't I add emergency contacts using the instructions provided. Anyone else having this issue? Many of the menu options in the instructions are grayed out on my phone. As a side note, I have a Google Pixel 8 (which cost less than my S23) and I am able to add emergency contacts using Google's instructions provided. Ultimately the issue is not with the instructions but with the phone instead not having the features available.
Hello Jim, I have traveled back to the USVI numerous times (I was actually born in St. Thomas) and I did not incur any additional charges for voice, text and data.  At times calls were a little spot... See more...
Hello Jim, I have traveled back to the USVI numerous times (I was actually born in St. Thomas) and I did not incur any additional charges for voice, text and data.  At times calls were a little spotty in some locations on the either island but for the most part I had great reception. Also on your device it might show as "roaming" but in reality you are not actually "roaming." Check with VZW before you leave the US just in case. Enjoy your stay and hit the beaches as often as you can.
VZW, I have yet to read a resolution to my request. Why was the feature remvoed?
Frankly, I doubt they will give me a "real" explanation or they will drive me to use Messages+ which makes no sense; they feature in question is supposed to be a part of the phone; I should be give t... See more...
Frankly, I doubt they will give me a "real" explanation or they will drive me to use Messages+ which makes no sense; they feature in question is supposed to be a part of the phone; I should be give the option as to what app/feature I want to use.
Your response is 100% unnecessary; I can cleatrly read; my question to Verizon (which you fail to understand) is why is the feature not available.  And for that VZX "owes" me an explanation especiall... See more...
Your response is 100% unnecessary; I can cleatrly read; my question to Verizon (which you fail to understand) is why is the feature not available.  And for that VZX "owes" me an explanation especiallhy for a phone that cost well over $1,000 which by the way I paid for in CASH! Also I am not intersted in using a third party app for a feature that was build into the phone by the manufacture.
I am able to use VZW services on the Note 10+; the phone is a VZW branded phone that works on the VZW network.
Hello Support, I currently have a $1,000+ Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus that was purchased from Verizon Wireless. In addition, I also purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 WIFI only version from another v... See more...
Hello Support, I currently have a $1,000+ Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus that was purchased from Verizon Wireless. In addition, I also purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 WIFI only version from another vendor. There is a feature (at least that is what Samsung says) that is supposed to allow me to send/receive calls and text from the Tab S6 via my $1,000+ Note 10+; howeveer, when I tried to find the following settings: Call & text on other devices in the Settings app of the phone that feature was not found on the Note 10+ Verizon Support, please provide a detailed explanation why that feature is not available on my $1,000+ Note 10+ and how I can make and receive calls on my Tab S6 via my phone like Samsung says is a feature of both devices. Souorce: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/ Look at the Compadibility Section; my tablet and my $1,000+ Note 10+ is supposed to be compadible. Regards
@vzw_customer_support wrote: We always want to make sure you can customize your device how you want it. Let's look into this together. What messaging app are you using? What version of your messa... See more...
@vzw_customer_support wrote: We always want to make sure you can customize your device how you want it. Let's look into this together. What messaging app are you using? What version of your messaging app are you using? Have you checked for an update on the app since updating the software on the device?    DerekR_VZW According to my research the feature has been removed; which I find rediculous!
I am using the Messages app that came with the phone; the version is 10.0.20.65; this it the latest version according to the application. 
Hello VZW Support, Recently VZW/Google/Samsung pushed an update to Android version 9.0 (GS955USQU5DSDA); before the udpate I had been able to change the text message background which is different fr... See more...
Hello VZW Support, Recently VZW/Google/Samsung pushed an update to Android version 9.0 (GS955USQU5DSDA); before the udpate I had been able to change the text message background which is different from the background on my home screen. Has anyone been able to find the options on the Samsung Galaxy S8+ to change the text message background after the phone was updated to Android 9.0?
Hello @PrButtercup , You might want to consider doing a master (factory) reset on the phone. This way you can reset the phone and maybe refresh the sofware. Be mindful to backup ur data first as... See more...
Hello @PrButtercup , You might want to consider doing a master (factory) reset on the phone. This way you can reset the phone and maybe refresh the sofware. Be mindful to backup ur data first as this process will wipe the phone and reset it back to factory settings as if u just unboxed the phone. @PrButtercup wrote: I recently did the latest software update in my s8+. Since then I have to reboot everytime to make a call or it doesn't go through, doesn't recognize the wifi, and says no 4G when I am in visual range of a tower.  It crashes various apps consistently (chrome, fb, messenger).  I wish I could undo the update... anyone else having some of these problems?? I can't even make a phone call with my phone anymore 🤔 Thanks, Elise  
There has been not new apps that would cause the overhearting and this issue started happening about 3 months ago. The phone at this point is almost two years old. What will the local store do to res... See more...
There has been not new apps that would cause the overhearting and this issue started happening about 3 months ago. The phone at this point is almost two years old. What will the local store do to resolve the issue? @vzw_customer_support wrote: Bruce27u01, I would be just as concerned over the overheating my phone. I'm so sorry this is happening. Let's get this resolved. First, I have a few questions.    Can you please tell me when this started happening? Have you recently downloaded any new apps? Does the phone display that it is overheating?    With the overheating, you can take the phone into a local store for hands-on evaluation, and assistance. You can find a local store here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/   VanessaS_VZW  
Hello VZW Support, Please explain to me why my Samsung Galaxy S8+ overheats whenever I am charging the phone while using various apps such as Google maps or watching streaming videos.  This phone is... See more...
Hello VZW Support, Please explain to me why my Samsung Galaxy S8+ overheats whenever I am charging the phone while using various apps such as Google maps or watching streaming videos.  This phone is barely two years old and to be having these issues now is unexpectable.  Please provide a working resolution to this issue of the S8+ overheating. The issue happens either when the phone is being charged on a USB port or using the wall charger which was bought directly from Samsung. Regards, S8+ User
From my understanding you do not need to add an Internationl Plan before you travel to St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. as it is considered like being in the US. I am from St. Thomas and traveled home quite freq... See more...
From my understanding you do not need to add an Internationl Plan before you travel to St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. as it is considered like being in the US. I am from St. Thomas and traveled home quite frequently thru out the year and have not incured any additioal charges when I use my phone. In fact, my mother visited Atlanta, GA last year and used her phone and also did not inccur any additional costs. But to be on the safe side (so you do not end up getting "bill shock") check with VZW customer service.
I consider this matter close as the only real solution is to upgrade to a new phone which is only a temporary "solution" as the problem will reoccur again and again and again. The real solution i... See more...
I consider this matter close as the only real solution is to upgrade to a new phone which is only a temporary "solution" as the problem will reoccur again and again and again. The real solution is for engineers to do a better job of designing phone batteries that last longer than two years.
Amber_VZW, I re-installed ALL of my apps on the device when a master reset was performed. The phone was in a case sine it was bought and it had not been dumped in water,[removed] Frankly, ... See more...
Amber_VZW, I re-installed ALL of my apps on the device when a master reset was performed. The phone was in a case sine it was bought and it had not been dumped in water,[removed] Frankly, I think that the battery is getting old and will eventually degrade so much that I will be forced to upgrade to a new device. ​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
That is what I did with my Note 3. When it stopped giving me a full days use I use it as a wifi device for watching movies, etc. I will do the same with the S8+ in about another year or 6 months ... See more...
That is what I did with my Note 3. When it stopped giving me a full days use I use it as a wifi device for watching movies, etc. I will do the same with the S8+ in about another year or 6 months and then toss my 5+ year old Note 3. It seems like these batteries issues occur right at about the two year mark; so it looks like I might have about 6 months before I turn the phone into a wifi phone and get a new device. Another thing I hate is that the new phones come with unremovable batteries so ur forced to upgrade when the battery reliability is severely degraded.
Right, I get that. But it is sad that a phone that is less than two years old and cost almost $900+ cannot be relied on after about a year of use. And with phones running as much as mortgage/rent... See more...
Right, I get that. But it is sad that a phone that is less than two years old and cost almost $900+ cannot be relied on after about a year of use. And with phones running as much as mortgage/rent payments one would expect better battery performance. A couple of years from now if not soon the average flag ship phone will cost $2,000; let's all hope that battery performance will get better.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U); running Android version: 8.0.0; Samsung Experience version: 9.0 and the device was purchased in May 2017 Has anyone been experiencing the issue where you are not... See more...
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U); running Android version: 8.0.0; Samsung Experience version: 9.0 and the device was purchased in May 2017 Has anyone been experiencing the issue where you are not getting a full day's use out of the S8+ battery. For example, you will start the morning off with a fully charged battery at 100% and before 12 noon (1/2 the day) the battery is down to less that 50% thereby forcing you to recharge the battery. When I bought this phone back in May 2017 I was able to get a at minimum of a 1/2 day's use out of the phone before I have to recharge the battery; not in 2018 I can barely get 1/2 a day's use of the phone. A day for me is 24 hours. I have already master reset the phone twice and still getting the same issue. I have literally turned off various alerts and still before 1/2 my day is over I am down to less than 50% battery. It has been my experience that despite the engineers best efforts to improve battery life these phones' batteries degrade over time but I cannot fathom paying over a $1,000 for a phone whose battery life severely degrades after barely a years use out of the phone. Any have any viable and/or workable situation to this issue. Regards.
If that is all I have to deal with but get back the text message ringtones then I can live with that. I do not see Apple removing the feature but see no real effort by Google to put the feature b... See more...
If that is all I have to deal with but get back the text message ringtones then I can live with that. I do not see Apple removing the feature but see no real effort by Google to put the feature back.