Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,003 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Acrillix's Posts

So... Android 7.0 Nougat has been released. Are you just waiting to install that update and get it going? Ready to see some new exciting features? Well don't. At least not before doing the fo... See more...
So... Android 7.0 Nougat has been released. Are you just waiting to install that update and get it going? Ready to see some new exciting features? Well don't. At least not before doing the following. We all know that Nougat has been causing some issues. But I have not experienced ONE of these issues. Now, how does one stop an OS from plaguing their flagship and causing it to act strange or not the way it was meant to? Factory Data Reset. Oh don't you cry about doing an FDR on your phone it isn't that bad. In fact, it's a healthy practice that will keep your device running smoothly. I know some people are all worried they will lose their content onto the mysterious Cloud, but don't worry. 1. Install the Verizon Cloud. 2. Purchase 25GB of storage to start. 3. Backup your device. Twice. 4. Go to Settings>Backup & Reset 5. Make sure "Backup my Data" is on. 6. Ensure that the backup account is one you have access to (normally your Samsung Account) 7. Ensure Automatic Restore is OFF. 8. Factory Reset Now that you have Factory Reset, whiz through the Setup Wizard and do not install anything or restore anything. It's important you don't restore anything. You need the very basic of Marshmallow. Now, go to Settings>System Updates and start the update. Once that has finished, you are going to Factory Reset again. Once finished, when you go through the Setup Wizard you can select what applications you want to re-install. Your Wi-Fi passwords should still be there. Now, what about my stuff? All those pictures? Leave them in the Cloud. Don't restore every single one. You can access the VZCloud and restore a few select ones that you want to use as Wallpapers/Contact photos etc... But you do not need to restore everything. Now, enjoy the new update! -Acrillix
Data is no longer available on Cruise Ships
Do the steps I list below. For the My Verizon Health Check provide the results so I can try to fix it. 1. Perform a device health check using My Verizon Mobile App and reply back with the deta... See more...
Do the steps I list below. For the My Verizon Health Check provide the results so I can try to fix it. 1. Perform a device health check using My Verizon Mobile App and reply back with the details for each: Battery - Screen Brightness : Screen Timeout: Location: Wallpaper: Apps Draining Battery: Apps Delaying Sleep Mode: Storage - Storage: Messages: Applications: Performance - Apps from Unknown Sources: VZ Support & Protection: Applications with More Access: CPU Speed: Restart Check: Network Time: Rooted: Suspicious Apps: Connectivity - Airplane Mode: Data Roaming: Mobile Data: Network Mode: Mobile Hotspot: Wi-Fi: SIM Card: 2. Reboot the router 2a. Try to reconnect. 3. Power the device off and on 3a. Try to reconnect. 4. Reset device network settings 4a. Restart device 4b. Try to reconnect. 5. Put your device into SafeMode. 5a. Try to reconnect. 6. Factory Reset Device
I enjoyed read this....
1. Complete port 2. Trade in phone (within 45 days of activation) 3. Activate new 4G LTE smartphone 4. Pay off old carrier 5. Get a Prepaid card with amount of contracts (up... See more...
1. Complete port 2. Trade in phone (within 45 days of activation) 3. Activate new 4G LTE smartphone 4. Pay off old carrier 5. Get a Prepaid card with amount of contracts (up to $350.00 for ETF, $650.00 for DPP) - Remember: ETF = $250.00 Device = $125.00 | $250 - $125 = $125 Visa gift card DPP = $650.00 Device = $350.00 | $650.00 - $350.00 = $300 Visa Gift card
Are you in warranty?
Unless he goes to Settings>Carrier>Turn off Automatic>Select new network (Bell Mobility, Fido, Rogers Wireless, Saskatel, Telus)
Exactly. So many features!
Totally agree. I'd get the XL max GB. One vote for Pixel!
Samsung Galaxy J3 V LG K8 V
If you have a 3G Network Extender you need to turn off LTE. If you have a 4G Network Extender you need to turn on LTE. If you have a 3G Network Extender you need to make sure you don't have a W... See more...
If you have a 3G Network Extender you need to turn off LTE. If you have a 4G Network Extender you need to turn on LTE. If you have a 3G Network Extender you need to make sure you don't have a WhiteList or BlackList If you have a 3G/4G Network Extender you need to make sure you are close enough to the NE to connect
No.
You have FamilyBase. I remove FamilyBase and then restart your phone then re-test.
Hello community! It's becoming close to my upgrade date and I want YOU to select my new phone! Here are the rules: 1. Android Only 2. No Crapples 3. Any manufacturer of Android (HTC, LG, ... See more...
Hello community! It's becoming close to my upgrade date and I want YOU to select my new phone! Here are the rules: 1. Android Only 2. No Crapples 3. Any manufacturer of Android (HTC, LG, Samsung, Google etc) 4. You MUST comment WHY you selected this particular model and manufacturer. 5. Only NEW devices (no retired, and no devices that have been out for more than a few months) 6. Even if it hasn't been announced yet, or isn't coming out for a few months you can still select this phone. 7. The phone mentioned the most/most likes I will pick. Let's see what phones win!
-117 dB, signal strength indicates extreme low service. Binghamton NY is littered with no service areas nearby. I live in Rochester NY (about 2.5 hrs away). After 3 phones, I would say it isn't t... See more...
-117 dB, signal strength indicates extreme low service. Binghamton NY is littered with no service areas nearby. I live in Rochester NY (about 2.5 hrs away). After 3 phones, I would say it isn't the phone. Below are things you can try. 1. Post your results from a Field Test. List RSSI/RSRP 2. Power off and remove SIM/Re-Insert SIM 3. Ensure 4G LTE is turned on. Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Enable LTE>Voice & Data 4. Update Carrier Settings. Connect to Wi-Fi or Cellular Network>Settings>General>About: If theres an update you will see an option for it. 5. Disable LTE(If this doesn't work then re-enable it) 6. Enable Voice Roaming (Should be on by default): Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>Roaming>Voice Roaming ON 7. Reset network settings 8. Reset Settings 9. Factory Reset
I haven't seen anything announced by VZW. I would guess that they would move to implement RCS in the future, but no way to say for sure until they announce it.
Ann154​ is correct. Verizon Wireless does not manufacture their own devices they sell. They simply purchase them from the manufacturer and then sell them to you. It is not VZW's warranty that you... See more...
Ann154​ is correct. Verizon Wireless does not manufacture their own devices they sell. They simply purchase them from the manufacturer and then sell them to you. It is not VZW's warranty that you get with the phone, its the manufacturers. Google is not a 3rd party in this sense, since VZW is simply providing the option to purchase a phone on a payment plan VS full retail. If you so wish to, you can buy it outright from the manufacturer. Your contract is for the service that is provided to you by VZW. There is no way you can argue that this is 'customer inconvenience' because this is a feature that's created by Google, not VZW. You can try to bend it any way you like, but these are the facts. VZW = Wireless Phone Service Provider Google = Manufacturer of Android OS and Google Pixel.
Just a heads up I think there has only been 2 or 3 cases that actually made it all the way through and all parties involved were credited (premium SMS for example)
Good luck. These disputes usually either end up with a settlement or you giving up.