Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,049 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

JimDandy's Posts

What most people do not understand is what you just said. In no way id unlimited an "option " or a choice. If you do not updated your phones plan it will go into a month to month plan. It was ex... See more...
What most people do not understand is what you just said. In no way id unlimited an "option " or a choice. If you do not updated your phones plan it will go into a month to month plan. It was explained to me at a Verizon store in my area like this. If you buy your phone at full price and not update your contract it falls into a month to month plan contract and means if Verizon wants to cancel your unlimited they can and only give you 15 days notice and they explained to me after everyone that was left on the unlimited plans do one or the other they will cancel ALL month to month plans still carrying unlimited because the people have already invested alot of their money into a smart phone that will only work on the Verizon network. It doesn't matter if you want to go onto their plans or not. This person showed me an article from the paper where a Verizon rep. states that Verizon is getting rid of ALL data plans for phones and push everyone into shared plans except for a few dumb phone plans. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
At this point anyone that believes a Verizon rep. saying its not going to happen is screwed.  After seeing it in the news.in newspapers and online you can believe its going to happen. When Verizo... See more...
At this point anyone that believes a Verizon rep. saying its not going to happen is screwed.  After seeing it in the news.in newspapers and online you can believe its going to happen. When Verizon holds a press conference about it theres no reason to believe Verizon reps. Their only out to make a commission and go onto the next one. Thats why they handle customers the way they do in their stores, put your name on a screen and in an hour or so they will call your name and there will still be atleast four Reps standing around talking with each other your only dollars to them. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
There was no transfers. My wife simply went from a smart phone back down to a dumb phone ( being told she would lose her unlimited data plan ) . We are charged for a dumb phone. But I have starte... See more...
There was no transfers. My wife simply went from a smart phone back down to a dumb phone ( being told she would lose her unlimited data plan ) . We are charged for a dumb phone. But I have started going over our bill and have noticed other changes like we were paying $10.00 each for unlimited texting on each phone and it no longer shows this charge but it does show a charge for $100.00 under account charges for minutes and texts and it used to not show it this way. It seems they changed the way they bill it so now I need to find an older statement to see if they raised this some how. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
Understand that I had spent a long time on my account trying to find this information and could not find it . It is made hard to find and their " updating your phone " is what alot of people thin... See more...
Understand that I had spent a long time on my account trying to find this information and could not find it . It is made hard to find and their " updating your phone " is what alot of people think is their contract date. The contract end date should be next to the update phone dates. I can say though that they not only used one of the other phones updates on a differant phone on my line but as I understood the rep. lastnight this has been done ALOT of times on my account. What I can not understand is where Verizon thinks they can charge a smart phone early term. fee for a contract that has a DUMB phone , how can this be legal? I have also had constant problems with Verizon with my daughters phone. I first had them block all web , data and texting from the phone and THREE times it suddenly becomes unblocked and after being tired of this and being told be Verizon that the only way to stop the problem was to PAY MORE , $10.00 a month for unlimited texting . Then the web kept getting unlocked and I locked it out of her phone so it couldnt be used but now I find out their also telling me that her early term fees if I close my account today is $170.00 EVEN THOUGH BOTH HERS AND MY SONS END ON THE SAME DAY! I'm guessing this is how their trying to scare their customers into not changing. They can not say I did not ask if there was a discount for a Pastor because every time we changed phones I asked and to say its my resonsabilty to find out is crazy. That just tells me their not TEACHING their emploees enough or putting customer care before their all mighty dollars. To me thats like blamming a bank emploee for getting shot during a robbery or telling a rape victim its their fault , thats crazy. Their jobs are to know this stuff and if not then they should have SOME WAY to find this out when they sell you your phone or open an email account starting with "Pastor" and if a person asks MAYBE they should CHECK but out of the many many times asked we were told NO1 I find out Sprint not only gives a discount to Pastors but others that work for a church and this adds up to alot every month , Atleast $35.00 as much. And now that they know shes a Pastor and that theres a discount was she offered it lastnight , NO ! At this time I just want to get out without costing us to much money , I have had their lies , Cheating and abuse of using phones on my account to upgrade others ( making their cummision i"m sure )without my knowledge .
After talking to a Verizon person lastnight for a few hours I was told some really stupid stuff as well as finding out some stuff most people here do not know about their accounts. First I found ... See more...
After talking to a Verizon person lastnight for a few hours I was told some really stupid stuff as well as finding out some stuff most people here do not know about their accounts. First I found out that if you go into a Verizon store to see about upgrading your phone or look online what they tell you is not what it might seem. For example , My phone , as well as two others show on our account that they are up for their updates on the same month , Aug. of this year . BUT their contracts are not up untill Dec. of this year ,and if we do early term on mine ( a smart phone ) and my kids ( both just reg. phones ) the early term fees are as follows. My smart phone - $175.00 My daughters dumb phone $170.00 My sons dumb phone $85.00 and when I asked why one of the dumb phones is so high but both end at the same time I was told it was because my daughter changed her phone before her upgrade was allowed EVEN THOUGH I BOUGHT IT ONLINE AND NO FROM VERIZON ! I was also told my wifes early term fees would be $175.00 for her dumb phone she picked up in Oct. of last year and when I asked why I was told it was because she down graded from her data phone and shes still under her data contract even though she no longer has data , can not get data and they would not let her go back to a data plan unless she pays full price for her new smart phone AND pays early term fees for her phone plan THAT IS STILL ON HER DATA CONTRACT . what a BIG BIG ripoff , how can they get away with this. Oh , and by the way. If you have more then one phone Verizon Wireless Reps. can upgrade YOUR phone using the TIME FROM ANOTHER phone and get this THEY DO NOT NEED YOUR PERMISSION or even tell you . ALL of my phones contracts are screwed up because of this happening. Second : This same Verizon phone rep. told me that everything I have been hearing on the news , online , from the news papers and even from Verizon about UNLIMITED DATA being grandfathered out WAS A LIE ! He said that I WOULD NOT have to pay full price for my phones to keep unlimited and that my contract will not and can not be changed no matter what even Verizon says. Is this what their having Reps. saying now ? The only part of that I can beleive is when he said they have been under constant complaints from customers not happy over this change so now I found out lastnight that because Verizon only lets me see when my next upgrade is and nowhere could I find when the contracts end I have to wait till Dec. of this year before I can change to another company. Before lastnight my wife and I were not together in leaving Verizon but now we are . I found out LASTNIGHT that Sprint gives discounts to Pastors and people working in a church ( My wifes a Pastor and my daughter and I both work for churchs ) and that our discount on FOUR smart phones with UNLIMITED EVERYTHING will cost around $170.00 plus taxs but what really makes me upset is finding out Verizon HAD ONE AS WELL! They have known about my wife being a Pastor of a church FOR YEARS and NOONE said anything !
I feel its because their using the phone to make alot off of the tablets and pads but to toggle anything from your phone its an added cost but this is their way of making money from people ... See more...
I feel its because their using the phone to make alot off of the tablets and pads but to toggle anything from your phone its an added cost but this is their way of making money from people not wanting to use their data services with laptops or tablets. Think about it, you can get free wifi almost anywheres now a days so pretty soon data plans will only be wanted by data hogs willing to pay crazy costs. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
Maybe not but the changes they made will cost me more in the long run and still pay $30.00 for the upgrades even when getting a " free " phone all so Verizon can let people pay more to add more d... See more...
Maybe not but the changes they made will cost me more in the long run and still pay $30.00 for the upgrades even when getting a " free " phone all so Verizon can let people pay more to add more devices to their plan, right. Its the saying take it or leave strategy that can hurt them. I can get a better plan through Sprint right not that will INCLUDE using my phone as a hotspot for cheaper then Verizons new plan and can add up to five wifi spots . I have no need to add my tablet or either of my laptops to any data plan since everywhere I have gone to in the last four or five years has free wifi around. How many people really needs a data plan for a device when its out there for free. Every McDonalds has free wifi. I have plans to change in August and the only phone that will still be on my plan will close early. After running the numbers between what I will save on my plan, phones and smart phones I will get new I will save over $3,000.00 in the two years I will sign up for, now thats alot of money. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
I must say blaming any phone problems on the manufacturers is crazy since Verizon changes the ways your phone works before putting their names on them ( and raises their prices) . The bigge... See more...
I must say blaming any phone problems on the manufacturers is crazy since Verizon changes the ways your phone works before putting their names on them ( and raises their prices) . The biggest problem I have had with my phone is BECAUSE verizon changed it. The manufacture will not even cover their phones under warranty if their Verizon phones because of that and thats why you have to buy your phones from Verizon at a marked up price. So you can not blame phone manufacturers at all.
Like I said. We need to make Verizon another neflix. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
No I do all my replys through my hotmail account on my Verizon Droid when Im able to get in internet to work on my phone that is. It sometimes says my internet is not available. Verizons techs s... See more...
No I do all my replys through my hotmail account on my Verizon Droid when Im able to get in internet to work on my phone that is. It sometimes says my internet is not available. Verizons techs says that when theres to many in my area using to much data it slows down all the unlimited data plans first no matter how much they use. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
Lol I am not sure why my posts are suddenly getting removed or changed by the moderator since I have not changed anything and have been replying the same way for months now? Is it my signat... See more...
Lol I am not sure why my posts are suddenly getting removed or changed by the moderator since I have not changed anything and have been replying the same way for months now? Is it my signature maybe? I have been posting in this posting now for months. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
Loyalty means nothing to these people. In the article I read reporters were told that the amount of people they will lose over this is acceptable compared to the profits raised. I myself want t... See more...
Loyalty means nothing to these people. In the article I read reporters were told that the amount of people they will lose over this is acceptable compared to the profits raised. I myself want them to become the next Netflicks. Verizon is becoming another Apple. They make six times the profit and can care less about their customers because they will lock them into their products. Next thing you know they will pull up everything in America and move to a slave labor country,,, opps, Apple has already done that. Well, for a profit I can see Verizon following them . GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
Its not just go broke. Their costs of most phones are higher then buying straight from the manufactorer but you can only have " Verizon " phones on their services. GOD loves YOU and there is N... See more...
Its not just go broke. Their costs of most phones are higher then buying straight from the manufactorer but you can only have " Verizon " phones on their services. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it ! >Post edited to remove personal info< Subject: Re: Verizon says unlimited data plans are on the way out! - Re: Verizon says unlimited data plans are on the way out! Re: Verizon says unlimited data plans are on the way out! created by HCM in Samsung Galaxy Nexus - View the full discussion check out the link http://finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-ditch-phone-plans-shared-120639203.html;_ylc=X3oDMTNuNHFucTkyBF9TAzExODMzMDAxMDEEYWN0A21haWxfY2IEY3QDYQRpbnRsA3VzBGxhbmcDZW4tVVMEcGtnA2ZiNDI5OWZmLTMzZTctMzc0Mi1iMjJmLWU1MDZiYWQ2NWMyNgRzZWMDbWl0X3NoYXJlBHNsawNtYWlsBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3 I'm ******, they are pushing the ppl who were grandfatherd in, into a corner and forcing us to switch or go broke on a new phone. I'm very upset with verizon. Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
It doesnt matter , its my spam mail acount but thanks . Jim GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it ! >Post edited to remove personal info Spam account or not, a perso... See more...
It doesnt matter , its my spam mail acount but thanks . Jim GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it ! >Post edited to remove personal info Spam account or not, a personal email address is not allowed< Re: Verizon says unlimited data plans are on the way out! created by AZSALUKI in Samsung Galaxy Nexus - View the full discussion jimdandy......i hope you don't mind but i flagged your last post as it contained your personal hotmail address and i din't think you'd want the world to have it!!!! you have to be careful when replying by email. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy Nexus by email or at Verizon Wireless Community © 2011 Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information. Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences. Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
This is what I have read in a news story and they say it was said by a Verizon rep. in a press meeting. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it ! <Personal information remove... See more...
This is what I have read in a news story and they say it was said by a Verizon rep. in a press meeting. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it ! <Personal information removed for privacy per theTOS> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Latest story about Verizon Wireless is : Verizon to phase out most existing phone plans. This was on the tech. Page of AP News yesterday.
Yes,  unless they decide to drop it anyways. Verizon does what it wants when it wants no matter what you or I think. If they want your unlimited plan gone it will be gone. This is how it was told... See more...
Yes,  unless they decide to drop it anyways. Verizon does what it wants when it wants no matter what you or I think. If they want your unlimited plan gone it will be gone. This is how it was told to be by someone last week over the phone from Verizon when I asked what guarantee I would get signing up for two more years. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
I have also have this app but it does not show what data I have used since this morning but I am also talking about the three times my daughter came to me to tell me shes suddenly getting text me... See more...
I have also have this app but it does not show what data I have used since this morning but I am also talking about the three times my daughter came to me to tell me shes suddenly getting text messages when Verizon tells me in writing this feature is blocked. The last time it mysteriously became unblocked I was told on the phone by a Verizon tech she new it was blocked because she was looking at my account. When I sent her a text from the phone in question she just laughed and said although she cant explain it I was still responsible for the overages . It wasn't till I let them turn off service to ALL the phones and told them to sue me that the amount suddenly disappeared from my account and all lines were turned back on. No apologies, they didn't even tell me it was back on. I had to find out from a friend. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
Right but checking other carriers I found one now that can give me two data phones and the other two phones on my plan I have now with Verizon ( right now I have three phones and one data phone )... See more...
Right but checking other carriers I found one now that can give me two data phones and the other two phones on my plan I have now with Verizon ( right now I have three phones and one data phone ) for almost $75.00 cheaper and both data phones are unlimited and for $20.00 more I can teather a phone for other wifi/ data things like Ipods. I would say Verizon is caring more for them then me. I will say it again as well, once I switch unless the new carrier merges with Verizon wireless I will have no reason to go back and saying people will evaluate their carrier every two years is wrong. If I did that I would have left ten years or so ago when Verizon starting messing up my account. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
Two things on that: 1. " need to " there will still be no guarantee. 2. I had control of blocking web and texting from my daughters phone and Verizon removed them not once BUT 3 TIMES and... See more...
Two things on that: 1. " need to " there will still be no guarantee. 2. I had control of blocking web and texting from my daughters phone and Verizon removed them not once BUT 3 TIMES and it took paying another $10.00 a month to guarantee no more $1,000.00 or higher bills. Verizon will have NO reason or incentive to allow control of these plans. Their planning on overages to make their profit. GOD loves YOU and there is NOTHING you can do about it!