And yes I still have the old discount currently. I tried to Change it bc I got an email from the new company with the discount information. Sent from my iPhone
Yes my company has an agreement. I can’t even get to the point of trying to validate the email bc it won’t go past this screen. I’ve talked to customer service and no one can figure out why. They... Ver más...
Yes my company has an agreement. I can’t even get to the point of trying to validate the email bc it won’t go past this screen. I’ve talked to customer service and no one can figure out why. They’ve tried to validate my email from their end and can’t do it there either. Sent from my iPhone
I currently  have a discount through my old employer. We merged with another company Jan. 1, so I want to switch it to that company. However, every time I log in to validate my email, it gives me... Ver más...
I currently  have a discount through my old employer. We merged with another company Jan. 1, so I want to switch it to that company. However, every time I log in to validate my email, it gives me the following error message "The transaction could not be completed due to ineligible account or profile data." I've talked to the customer service on the phone and through chat and no one can figure out what the problem is. Has anyone ever had this problem?