Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,510 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Ringah's Posts

No, they're not. http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/packages/apple-iphone-5-16gb-package-sku6450393.html#fbid=4sOHdYnUhP_ 5 will most likely move down to $99 when the new iphone comes out or sho... See more...
No, they're not. http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/packages/apple-iphone-5-16gb-package-sku6450393.html#fbid=4sOHdYnUhP_ 5 will most likely move down to $99 when the new iphone comes out or shortly before.
Blackberry is in no immeadiate danger of going out of business, however they are going downhill in a hurry. http://press.blackberry.com/financial/2013/blackberry-reports-fourth-quarter-fiscal-... See more...
Blackberry is in no immeadiate danger of going out of business, however they are going downhill in a hurry. http://press.blackberry.com/financial/2013/blackberry-reports-fourth-quarter-fiscal-2013-results.html The above is a link to their end of year finacial report the company just put out.  Highlights include $1.16 billion in losses for 2012 and $646 million in losses for 2012.  So I guess you could say they are improving.  They have $1.549 billion is cash or cash equivelents.  They do have $3.075 billion in short term debts but nothing long term. Like I said they aren't going under any day now but they have been sliding for a long time and desperately need the z10 and later the q10 to pick them up.  As to the support I can't see a world where the phones wouldn't be supported because blackberry has too many valuable assest such a patents for anyone to let them just go belly up.  If it came to it someone would buy them out and either offer support through them or outsource to another company.  Look at Palm, a (few) people still use web OS phones even though HP moved it to open source and stopped developing it themselves.
This isn't true most 3g smartphones (including iphones) are now able to be put on the $80 a month prepaid plan which is either now or very soon offering double data so it's unlimited talk and tex... See more...
This isn't true most 3g smartphones (including iphones) are now able to be put on the $80 a month prepaid plan which is either now or very soon offering double data so it's unlimited talk and text and 2gb of data for $80 a month.  All 4g and some 3g phones are still not comptible at this point however.
First make sure text messaging isn't blocked on the phone, the balance on the phone can only be updated if text messaging is allowed. Secondly, your not going to like seeing this but you need ... See more...
First make sure text messaging isn't blocked on the phone, the balance on the phone can only be updated if text messaging is allowed. Secondly, your not going to like seeing this but you need to. Just keep in mind every prepaid plan with every company I've looked at operates the same way with this structure.  For the record though I don't understand the false advertising claim. When do payments I've made to my Prepaid account expire? Do minutes carry over? Once applied to your account, payments made to your account expire as follows: $15-$29.99 payments expire in 30 days $30-$74.99 payments expire in 90 days $75-$99.99 payments expire in 180 days $100 or more payments expire in 365 days If you make a payment to your account before your expiration date, any unused balance will carry over and expire on your new expiration date.
The following came from Sprint's website http://unlimited.sprint.com/?INTCID=TSC:Plans:Unlimited:052212 "Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or su... See more...
The following came from Sprint's website http://unlimited.sprint.com/?INTCID=TSC:Plans:Unlimited:052212 "Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds (1) voice: 800 minutes or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300MB or a majority of KB." At least Verizon isn't lying about data being unlimited when it's not.
My Rezound is already at the software version and basband you mentioned so an update might be in the works but thats not the info for it.
I just took a quick look at the website and found 11 phones for free at a quick glance, there are free phones offered by Verizon, not sure who you talked to in that store but rest assured they ar... See more...
I just took a quick look at the website and found 11 phones for free at a quick glance, there are free phones offered by Verizon, not sure who you talked to in that store but rest assured they are still being offered.
Verizon Wireless still offers basic flip phones with no "fancy thrills".
It's not designed as direct competition to other services but moreso as an option for those who live outside the coverage areas of cable or phone company high speed internet providers.
You can post and/or complain as much as you want or anywhere you want but Verizon has already made thier plans known. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-19/business/sns-rt-us-verizon-m... See more...
You can post and/or complain as much as you want or anywhere you want but Verizon has already made thier plans known. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-19/business/sns-rt-us-verizon-microsoftbre83i1b8-20120419_1_windows-phone-htc-microsoft-software The most relevant part being: "Shammo (Verizon CFO) said that Verizon Wireless expects to have phones based on the next Microsoft software in time for the 2012 end of year holiday shopping season." Windows phones are coming and have even been promised to get a big push, but it's going to be a little while.
I like a lot of things about WP7 and am sure WP8 will be even better.  I also hope it does well because then some good features could be incorporated into newer Android versions, competition ofte... See more...
I like a lot of things about WP7 and am sure WP8 will be even better.  I also hope it does well because then some good features could be incorporated into newer Android versions, competition often fosters innovation and everyone wins.  To Azsaluki's point though, there is this http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2012/4/comScore_Reports_February_2012_U.S._Mobile_Subscriber_Market_Share I believe the same thing, that Verizon is playing a waiting game to see if the Lumia's are a boom or a bust. Also, in my continuing crusade against the myth that all androids are buggy,  every phone and every OS experience problems, none are exmpt.  The reason you heard so many stories about buggy droids is pure math, with over 50% of the US smartphones being android, statisically there are also going to be many more with problems.  Get a phone for what it does for you, not based on what other people say.  I personally love my HTC Rezound and wouldn't get rid of it for anything, (until I see HTC's next phone )
If you are in a 4G area it will be fast, however Verizon Wireless doesn't have any internet offerings with unlimited usage anymore.  Plans start at 5 GB for $50.
*611 from your phone for customer service and ask for tech support, or 1800-922-0204 from a landline.
My number one reply would be to contact customer service as soon as you can and talk to tech support.  If you have only had the phone for 8 months then you are still under warrenty (which lasts 1... See more...
My number one reply would be to contact customer service as soon as you can and talk to tech support.  If you have only had the phone for 8 months then you are still under warrenty (which lasts 12 months.)  They can go through trouble shooting steps with you and if needed replace the deivce.
Hopefully I can help a bit here.  On the main home screen that is just a widget called quick launch. (or something to that effect)  It is designed to have less clutter on the home screen at the c... See more...
Hopefully I can help a bit here.  On the main home screen that is just a widget called quick launch. (or something to that effect)  It is designed to have less clutter on the home screen at the cost of custimization.  This can be removed the same as any other widget on an android device, touch and hold and drag to the trash can.  After that you can customize that screen to you hearts content.  The Rhyme does not use the dock bar at the bottom for apps, but you can add apps to be opened directly from the lock screen for faster acess to frequently used apps.  As far as the app drawer is concerned different phones have them in differently places, the newer HTC phones (Rhyme, Rezound) have them on the left, some phones have them in the middle, (Commando, Galaxy Nexus which is stock android) and other phones (I'll admit, the majority) have them on the right.  And lastly, no phone runs stock android except for the Nexus line of phones, the older one was actually made by HTC, and the newer one is Samsung and is running Android 4.0, or Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm sorry you don't enjoy the Sense UI, I personally love it and would have a hard time going back to a non-HTC phone at this point.  Hope everything works out for you!
Is the virtual keyboard disapearing when you are trying to type?  If that is the keyboard issue you are having it is a well known issue and you can fix it by disabling next word prediction.  I do... See more...
Is the virtual keyboard disapearing when you are trying to type?  If that is the keyboard issue you are having it is a well known issue and you can fix it by disabling next word prediction.  I don't have a Droid X but on my phone it's Settings->Language and Keyboard->Touch Input->Text Input->Prediction and you would uncheck that.  If it's a different keyboard issue and for the duplicates I also would say try an app other than the default, they usually do a better job.  If it's still happening after that it's more than likely a network issue for the duplicate txts and you would have to contact technical support. Hope this helped.
MrOpinion, if you are concerned about those apps downloading updates without your knowlegde, why don't you turn off automatic update on them?
For the first issue it sounds like a call to tech support is in order.  Honestly, a factory reset might help but if it's brand new shouldn't need that yet.  I would say if you are within your 14 ... See more...
For the first issue it sounds like a call to tech support is in order.  Honestly, a factory reset might help but if it's brand new shouldn't need that yet.  I would say if you are within your 14 days go back to where you bought it and exchange for a new one.  If you are outside of 14 days I would definately say tech support.   As far as backup assistant goes I would check and see what it says for the names on My Verizon.  Make sure everything is correct on both sides and then snyc it.   Hope this helps and you get your answers.
Can it call other numbers and just not a specific number?  If it's just 1 number I would suggest trying to call that number from another phone to see if it works.  If it can't call any numbers ma... See more...
Can it call other numbers and just not a specific number?  If it's just 1 number I would suggest trying to call that number from another phone to see if it works.  If it can't call any numbers make sure you have signal and are not in airplane mode.
I actually just saw this happening on someone elses phone.  I came up with an idea to change the homepage to something other than google, and it worked like a charm.  After that even put google b... See more...
I actually just saw this happening on someone elses phone.  I came up with an idea to change the homepage to something other than google, and it worked like a charm.  After that even put google back as the homepage and it worked.   *Edit*  Their phone was also the Incredible sound like something with the phone.