Hello! I'm John, a community manager who focuses on analytics and metrics.  I've been with Verizon for almost 2 years.  I'm a life long resident of New Jersey. I enjoy sports and adventure, from ... Ver más...
Hello! I'm John, a community manager who focuses on analytics and metrics.  I've been with Verizon for almost 2 years.  I'm a life long resident of New Jersey. I enjoy sports and adventure, from hiking and zip lining to swimming with sharks. I hope you are as excited about the new Community website as I am! Enjoy the new website and have fun! John
The Community. The Verizon Wireless Community is a peer to peer support community where customers can post questions and learn from each other by sharing solutions. The Community also provides a pla... Ver más...
The Community. The Verizon Wireless Community is a peer to peer support community where customers can post questions and learn from each other by sharing solutions. The Community also provides a place for members to search for information and discuss other topics of interest. Guests or unregistered visitors can browse or search the community for information. Members or registered users can post messages or comments, subscribe to discussions, select correct answers, and other community actions. All members of the community must abide by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. Following these rules will help ensure the quality of the community content. Signing In You can sign in or register with your My Verizon Account or sign in with your Community Member Only Account. Your Profile Personalize your profile by choosing an avatar and letting the Community know who you are. Check out all the neat stuff you can do. Introduce Yourself Looking to meet other Verizon Community members? Check out our Welcome Verizon Community thread and introduce yourself! We have a ton of members that want to learn more about you.  Signing In. Signing In with your My Verizon Account Users. To begin please click designated "Sign In" option on the black bar. To sign in with your My Verizon Account, enter the mobile number and password, click the "Sign In" You are now logged in to the site. You can begin by personalizing your profile and start getting engaged. Note: t he sign out link under the community nav (black bar) does NOT work for SSO accounts. SSO accounts have to use the global nav to sign out and Community member only accounts can use the secondary community nav drop down to sign out.   Registering with your My Verizon Account Users. To begin please click designated "Sign In" option on the black bar. To register with your My Verizon Account, enter the mobile number, click the "Continue" You'll need your mobile device with you. Please follow the prompts on the screen. Once completed, you will receive a free text message with the registration pin to verify your account. After verification you will be taken to the Account Setup page to create a user name and password. Note: User names must be a minimum of 2 and maximum of 21 characters and no personal information. Click "Done." You are now logged in to the site. You can begin by Personalizing Your Profile and Getting Engaged. Note: t he sign out link under the community nav (black bar) does NOT work for SSO accounts. SSO accounts have to use the global nav to sign out and Community member only accounts can use the secondary community nav drop down to sign out.   Community Member Only Accounts. To begin please hover over the designated "Sign In" option in the community navigation. Then click Community Member Only  If this is your first time signing in on the new platform, please use the Reset your password link under the Username and Password section on the login page. You will then receive an email notification and be able to login with your Community Member Only credentials  Note: t he sign out link under the community nav (black bar) does NOT work for SSO accounts. SSO accounts have to use the global nav to sign out and Community member only accounts can use the secondary community nav drop down to sign out.   Your Profile. Not sure what to do next? Personalize your profile by choosing an avatar and letting the Community know who you are.  To set up your profile: Click on your avatar at the top right of the page and go to "My Settings,"  Select "Personal Information" Under the "Personal" tab. Let people know who you are by filling out your "Biography," then click the "Save" button.  To upload a photo and choose your avatar: Click on your avatar at the top right of the page and go to "My Settings."  Click the "Avatars" tab to edit your avatar. Choose the image you want as your avatar or upload your own Click "upload and Avatar", browse for file and select image you'd like to use. Use the cropping tool to resize as you wish, click "Crop Profile Avatar" Click "Save"  Get engaged by asking a question! Dive into one of our topics and connect with other members. Use labels to help sort the content under the topic pages you're searching. Subscribe to specific labels to be notified of a new thread. Join the conversation and post new topics. Showcase your skills by answering a few too. We love hearing from you and so do the other members, ask us here. Don't forget to search first in case someone already answered it.  See something inappropriate? Report it. We work hard to make sure the Community is a safe space for all users. To prevent SPAM attacks we ask that all users keep an eye out for items that don't look right. Please use the "Report Inappropriate Content" option under the option menu to the right of the post title. This will automatically send the post into moderation and our Community team will do take the best course of action. Have a question? Feel free to ask out Community Team.
Looking for something to give your workout or party a boost? We have the latest new tech with these accessories to get the most out of your smartphone or tablet . Use the Fitbit Charge 3 a... Ver más...
Looking for something to give your workout or party a boost? We have the latest new tech with these accessories to get the most out of your smartphone or tablet . Use the Fitbit Charge 3 and Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM together for the ultimate workout experience. Get healthy in 2019 by tracking your fitness while listening to your favorite music. Fitbit Charge 3: sleek and intelligent.  Work meets play: Save $20 on the Fitbit Charge during the month of January.  Start the New Year off right with a better understanding about your body and physical health. The Fitbit Charge 3 does a lot of things well for you. It has a new sensor for better sleep insights, is waterproof⁺ so it can track your pool laps, and exercise-tracking, which will kick in automatically when you start your workout. Other features that make this fitness tracker appealing is its larger touchscreen, access to apps, and phone notifications.  At the end of the day, the Fitbit Charge 3 biggest strength is fitness tracking. It has just about every feature you could want and then some.  ⁺ Water-resistant up to 50 meters. Según pruebas independientes.   Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM: small and super.  Work meets play: Special offer, see details at checkout.  Looking for some great sound for your next party or home fitness routine? You're in luck, because the Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM is your answer. This Bluetooth speaker plays loud for its size and you can pair two together to boost the sound.  Don't worry about placing the speaker to close to your pool or bringing it to the beach, because it is fully waterproof and floats.*  The bottom line is that for its size, the Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM packs a lot of power. The speaker's decent battery life, portability, and ruggedness will keep you in tune with whatever activity you and your family is doing.  *IPX7-rated waterproof (up to 30 minutes and a depth of 1 meter). Sometida a pruebas contra caídas desde 1.7 metros de altura. 
Nothing shows off your love for the holiday season like an ugly Christmas sweater. What better way to celebrate than on National Ugly Sweater Day?     Make this holiday season the mo... Ver más...
Nothing shows off your love for the holiday season like an ugly Christmas sweater. What better way to celebrate than on National Ugly Sweater Day?   Make this holiday season the most hideously hilarious ever because today is Ugly Christmas Sweater day. The best part is that everyone partakes in this tacky seasonal activity; from office parties, to house parties, to TV shows---they even have a song dedicated to it. So break out your grandmas knits and get crafty. Having been made humorous and fashionably acceptable by mainstream media like Colin Firth's character Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones's Diary and Clark Griswold in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, the ugly sweater has become synonymous with holidays parties around. But how did this Ugly Sweater Party craze start? After all, ugly Christmas sweaters have been around a since our childhoods. Originally inspired by the 1980's and the gaudy style at the time, it was also showcased on popular sitcoms. However in 2002, Chris Boyd and Jordan Birch hosted the first ever Ugly Sweater Party at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver. Interest in the ugly sweaters was reborn. Now all across the world people participate in Ugly Holiday Sweater trend annually.  Proud of your Ugly Sweater? Show us! Post a selfie in the comments below.  **Gif pulled from Tenor**
It's the most wonderful time of the year, and you know what that means: Holiday Movies. With Christmas approaching, there are plenty of great Holiday movies on TV. If you haven’t already, add these ... Ver más...
It's the most wonderful time of the year, and you know what that means: Holiday Movies. With Christmas approaching, there are plenty of great Holiday movies on TV. If you haven't already, add these classics to your holiday viewing, as these movies have stood the test of time:    A Christmas Story (1983) Rated PG Red Rider BB guns, Fra-GEE-leh! leg lamps, dog dares, and pink bunny pajamas. Those are some of what I remember about this movie. This story follows young Ralphie as he dreams that Santa will bring him his perfect Christmas gift, a Red Rider BB gun. He is not deterred by Santa or his Mom telling him he'll shoot his eye out. What happens on Christmas day? Watch to find out. This film also spawned the sale of more "leg lamps" across America than anyone could imagine.         A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) Rated G One of my all-time favorites, as I am a huge Peanuts fan. It also is one of the best Holiday soundtracks ever. Charlie Brown is depressed and seeks Lucy's council about getting into the Christmas Spirit. He winds up directing the school play as he tries to find his Christmas spirit. Linus explains the true meaning of Christmas and our gang comes together to celebrate.         It's A Wonderful Life (1946) Rated PG One of the best Christmas movies ever! We follow George Bailey's journey through life and in a flashbacks guided by his guardian angel, Clarence. This movie teaches us what is most important in life, and it has nothing to do with money or possessions.           How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) Not Rated This is a classic based on Dr. Seuss children's book, and Boris Karloff of horror movie fame is the perfect voice for the Grinch.  He has hated Christmas his whole life (after all his heart is two sizes too small) and is determined to take it all away from the good people of Whoville on Christmas Eve. But what transformation awaits our surly Grinch? His heart grows three sizes and realizes the meaning of Christmas and brings back all that he had stolen back.        Die Hard (1988) Rated R I bet you're wondering how this movie made the list though as it came out in the summer. Did you know that Miracle on 34th Street also debuted in the summer June 1947? Which is also a Christmas classic. I'll point out a few more for you: John McClane travels cross-country in hopes that the spirit of Christmas will save his family. It is set on Christmas Eve. His wife's name is Holly. It also features the song 'Christmas in Hollis' by Run-DMC.           Choose your favorite movie and tell us why it's the best of them all. **All images pulled from Google, Animated gif pulled from Tenor **
The camera has changed the way we see and document the world around us. Say cheese! Today is National Camera Day! So to celebrate, we ask that you take out your smart phone, snap a fe... Ver más...
The camera has changed the way we see and document the world around us. Say cheese! Today is National Camera Day! So to celebrate, we ask that you take out your smart phone, snap a few photos, and share them with us. It is really that simple. But has it always been that simple? Most of us take the camera for granted. But who would have ever thought that every phone would have a camera that can be used at a moment's notice to record that special moment in time?  With our smartphones, we can take photos of our kids, meals that we eat, capture the perfect selfie, and record countless precious moments of our lives. From there, we can share them on our favorite social media platforms for our family and friends to see almost instantly. But before the camera was invented, the written word, art, and illustration were used extensively in order for us to tell stories. Although this took time, it helped to preserve the stories that we still know about today. So how did we get to the camera-centric world that we live in today? Let us take a look back through time to see when the first cameras were put in use. This was back thousands of years ago, when the ancient Greeks and Chinese used them to record important moments. The device was much like a pinhole camera and was used to project an image which would be traced on paper. It wasn't until the early 1800's that the first actual photograph was taken by Nicephore Niepce in which he used a specially coated paper to record an image exposed to light. However, the photo wasn't permanent and when exposed to light, the image would fade away. It wasn't until a couple decades later, with the help of Charles and Vincent Chevalier, when the world would see the first permanent photograph. The first film cameras were introduced in the late 19th Century by George Eastman and his newly formed Kodak Company. From there, the first mass-marketed camera - the Brownie - made its way onto store's shelves in the 1960's. The next big camera wave happened in the early 1990's, when the world was introduced to the first digital cameras. Once the resolution and image quality caught up to their film counterpart, we would witness the death of film. In 2000, the first camera phone, a Sharp J-SH04 J-Phone model, was sold in Japan. Thanks to this perfect marriage between phone and camera, we can say the rest is history. These days it's hard to imagine a cell phone without a camera. Now everyone has access to this modern convenience that is easily taken for granted today. Cameras have allowed us to save and share our favorite memories, making it easier to recall and reminisce. Tell us your story in photos. Take a minute to stop and smell the roses. Snap a photo of your everyday life and share it. Here's a couple of photos of one of my adventures when I dove with sharks:
Super heroes are leaving their comic books and going to the big screen.  When I was a child, I remember all of the anticipation and delight that came along with getting a new comic boo... Ver más...
Super heroes are leaving their comic books and going to the big screen.  When I was a child, I remember all of the anticipation and delight that came along with getting a new comic book. I would ride my bike to the comic book store to purchase the newest issues of X-Men, Wolverine, or Defenders. (I was never really a DC Comics fan). I would fantasize what it would be like to have those super powers and what I would do if I had super powers too. But more often than not, I also wondered what it would be like if these brightly colored panels came to life. Although comic book based movies have been around since the 1940's, there has been a big explosion over the past decade. Looks like the world still needs superheroes!  Even if you've never picked up a comic book, chances are you've still seen a movie that has a comic book origin. After watching one of these movies, have you ever asked yourself, "Is this anything like the comics?" Quite possibly, you went out and bought a couple of issues just to check. This same question is asked by die-hard fans around the world. These fans wonder if their favorite characters are portrayed correctly or if their back story stays the same. For them, it is often hard to overlook the differences between the comic book and the movie. For me, it's all about how they adapt the characters for the big screen and not so much retelling the story exactly from the comics. I think it is more fun to see where they tie-in with the comic books, the Easter eggs that are hidden without, and where Stan Lee's cameo will appear. It's just like watching an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Plus, if the movie followed exactly the story line , knowing all the twists and turns, people might not find it enjoyable. Which form of media do you think would win in a fight? Comic books or the movies? Does it really matter? What comic movies do you dislike for its inaccuracy? Which ones do you do like?