Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,397 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tnote8's Posts

I have spent more time with Verizon "support" for the past 2 years than my own family. Good luck if you expect anyone to help you. Even worse, they might cause you to lose your data. Be very c... See more...
I have spent more time with Verizon "support" for the past 2 years than my own family. Good luck if you expect anyone to help you. Even worse, they might cause you to lose your data. Be very careful if you have a problem involving data loss!
Because my dropbox is now linked to google and verizon no matter how hard I have tried to separate them...I am afraid to do much else. Google syncs any calendar I add to my computer. I am afraid ... See more...
Because my dropbox is now linked to google and verizon no matter how hard I have tried to separate them...I am afraid to do much else. Google syncs any calendar I add to my computer. I am afraid to lose work going back to 2010 by deleting ir changing phone settings. When I set up Note 8 it automatically joined my verizon contacts to google contacts, etc... As I said, photos, docs are easy. Everything I had in 2 systems with different email addys...1 for things I wanted Verizon and certain apps to belong to. and 1 for gmail and google stuff. Like personal/verizon work/google They are all hopelessly mixed together now. Certain apps such as dropbox automatically go to accounts page with Verizon Cloud and Google account and Samsung account (which is still required for phone to work even though I have no access to Samsung Cloud). It says autosync all. warning: any change you make on device, in clouds, or on computer will ALL sync! or turn off autosync....and only google allows a sync. the others don't. Sync all or don't sync. Seems Samsung basically traded Samsung Cloud, calendar, apps, pretty much to google. Most native apps showed google data the 1st time I opened them. My google gmail is required as my samsung device gmail or NOTHING works. Huge Fail for Verizon! I know these posts are monitored and deleted by Verizon... but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. I feel stuck in Verizon, Google hell. t
I am ready to ditch Verizon over this as well. I bought a Samsung after Verizon cloud lost years of my texts BECAUSE Samsung offered its own cloud service. Much to my surprise, it's not available... See more...
I am ready to ditch Verizon over this as well. I bought a Samsung after Verizon cloud lost years of my texts BECAUSE Samsung offered its own cloud service. Much to my surprise, it's not available on my Note 8. (I did find an app and recovered some texts.) So no backup of Verizon Cloud with Samsung Cloud as I had hoped. Even WORSE...Verizon's build of Note 8 ONLY allows for google drive backup. PLUS they both combine and sync same data. If I lose 1 I lose both. Top that off... Verizon's/Samsung/Google deal means basically everything on my phone is now all synced together. For example dropbox will not install without going automatically into "my accounts" in settings and start syncing automatically. If I turn autosync off for Samsung/Verizon/Google/dropbox/office/onedrive My contacts, texts, etc...get all screwed up. I installed oreo last night, and it took until this afternoon before I realized my unanswered texts had not been sent because I had tried to unlink some of the accounts I do not want linked! And seriously? Half the things I need to set up for google can only be done on a computer. Thank goodness my calendar, after a month of frustrating late nights is still visible on my computer...Only 1 year will sync to my phone. If I add a different calendar app...it automatically syncs to match samsung and google google calendar. I can't turn off sync for google or nothing works. It has been a nightmare! I hope Verizon gets enough complaints to do something. After a month of pretty much nonstop calls, texts, chats with Verizon, Samsung, Google.... in addition to hours of my own online searches, my phone is still not as usable as my 3 year old cracked, barely operable moto mini. I have been a loyal customer for many years. Verizon had the most the dependable service and great support up until the past 2 years or so. Does anyone have a suggestion? t