Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,713 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

danibanani's Posts

I recently purchased a used iPhone 6s Plus off of Swappa.com. The phone was in mint condition and appears to function properly. However, I took it to a Verizon store to open an account and get se... See more...
I recently purchased a used iPhone 6s Plus off of Swappa.com. The phone was in mint condition and appears to function properly. However, I took it to a Verizon store to open an account and get service on the iPhone. When putting in the SIM card, the sales rep said that I could not use this phone at Verizon. The phone was showing an error during inactivation: "SIM not Valid. The SIM card you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation server. ... Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier." He basically told me I needed to return it and if I get an iPhone 7 or up, and there shouldn't be a problem. Not happy with this answer, I called Verizon customer service. They checked the IMEI and determined that it is a Verizon phone, and it is compatible to be activated. They are sending me a new SIM card to see if that works. After doing some research on the internet, I am not confident that this new SIM card will work either. Has anyone had this problem when activating a used iPhone, and what was your solution?