Really? Is that all you "technical support" people can do? I mean just read and follow protocol, first you react and say that this error is "unheard of" and send dead links to troubleshoot. Ye... Ver más...
Really? Is that all you "technical support" people can do? I mean just read and follow protocol, first you react and say that this error is "unheard of" and send dead links to troubleshoot. Yes my message+ app is has been and will be up to date as long as there are updates and that's exactly where all my troubles started, with three previous update. No matter what I do, whether it is disable the app, which for that I have to uninstall any updates first, and disable it, restart the phone, re-enable the app, after that it updates itself automatically. Nothing works, it still mutes only that particular number that I never in the first place put on mute, it's frustrating. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
I'm sorry too that the app has done so also, because I really liked it and still would like to use it, I have done everything from removing contact following the instructions that you sent before... Ver más...
I'm sorry too that the app has done so also, because I really liked it and still would like to use it, I have done everything from removing contact following the instructions that you sent before you even sent them. Resetting all settings to default, by that losing all custom settings I had, it doesn't matter if I remove the contact from my contacts even with the number unsaved it still will mute all of the messages received from that number immediately after I reply, then I have to unmute right away or I will not hear the notification, which is another issue I have with my phone. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
I have a problem with my phone recently it created two message "windows"  on the message+ app, for one contact I could read messages on the window that had my contact's profile but I couldn't rep... Ver más...
I have a problem with my phone recently it created two message "windows"  on the message+ app, for one contact I could read messages on the window that had my contact's profile but I couldn't reply to the messages on that particular window, I had to do it on the other window it created with the phone number and I could only do that, reply to the messages. Now I am unable to hear the messages coming from that contact only if I reply to the messages being exchanged, I have read forums about this muting problem, tried everything in there, even resseting the phone to it's original settings and nothing seems to help, every time I unmute it, automatically it goes back to mute inmediately after replying to the message and only for this contact. I have an Galaxy S8 eveything updated, someone please help.