Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,945 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

musser004's Posts

Hi there, Thanks for following up with me. I've never had an iPhone, it's always been a droid. I believe some of the contacts that I'm having trouble getting a hold of are using iPhones but so... See more...
Hi there, Thanks for following up with me. I've never had an iPhone, it's always been a droid. I believe some of the contacts that I'm having trouble getting a hold of are using iPhones but so do some of the people that pretty routinely don't have issues sending or receiving texts from me, so I don't think that's the source of the issue. I called in to Verizon customer service over the weekend and I believe they re-provisioned the phone (involved powering down the phone, removing the sim card and then re-inserting it). I didn't really notice any difference with the few people it's having problems with. Started using snapchat and whatsapp on the side for getting in contact with them. It seems since that's more data/internet dependent, I don't have problems getting messages through with those Edit: I should add that I would still like to see if I can figure out what the issue was with the texts not going through, but I've at least got a temporary fix until that point, so there's no rush
I'm also in the same boat. Haven't been able to put my finger on what the actually problem is
Just to update, I've also confirmed that I'm only receiving a fraction of SMS messages as well, so it's a problem with sending and receiving
Hi there, For the past few weeks, I've been having issues with some of my SMS messages sending and others not getting through. There are generally no messages that pop up about failure to send... See more...
Hi there, For the past few weeks, I've been having issues with some of my SMS messages sending and others not getting through. There are generally no messages that pop up about failure to send (it appears like it's all business as usual) but in reality, the messages aren't getting sent. I recently set up delivery reports on the basic Android messaging. I sent one of my friends 4 texts, and he received 1 out of the 4. The delivery report for ALL 4 texts read "Pending". I was hoping that it would read "Pending" for the 3 messages that didn't send, and at least say "delivered" for the one that did make it through, but this is a consistent problem. It seems like delivery reports are almost useless unless they specifically state "delivered" - there's a good chance the message either did or didn't send if it's marked "Pending." It's very frustrating because it doesn't seem like there are many effective courses of action here. Anyways, a 25% text success rate seems pretty abyssmal for any conversation, so I wanted to see what could be done. I should note that the friend I was in contact with was using a different carrier than Verizon. It seems that all of my messages with some people go through without a hitch, but with other people, some of the messages just don't, so I'm guessing this has something to do with different carriers. I've been reading through various forums for hours and haven't been able to find a good solution to the issues I'm having. I've never really had any problems with text messages failing to send before unless it was a group/picture MMS message. SMS has always been 100% successful to my knowledge prior to this. For clarification, I'm using a Droid Mini. The reception in my apartment is pretty terrible in general, so I'm almost always on wifi (not sure if this may be the source of the issue). That said, I do live in a major city, so coverage shouldn't be a problem. Since I was having issues with the generic Android messaging, I switched to Textra recently. Some of the time, I still have the problem of delivery results saying that the message was only sent (rather than delivered) whenever it actually DOES get delivered. It's a bit early to say but it seems like I'm having a much higher success rate using that over the standard Android SMS app. Anyways, I just wanted to check in and see if anyone else was having similar issues or see if a solution was available. Thanks for reading and have a good one