What is the current state of texting at Verizon?  I ask because I've seen all of this happen over the last 2 years, in about this order, and Verizon has never notified me of their services change... Ver más...
What is the current state of texting at Verizon?  I ask because I've seen all of this happen over the last 2 years, in about this order, and Verizon has never notified me of their services changes: 1. All messages worked!  Sending, receiving, any length, any pictures, etc.  Granted, between some other networks longer messages would be split into 160-char sections, but they all worked and were received in order. 2. Longer messages are silently never sent NOR RECEIVED between other networks, maybe even with Verizon customers!  Verizon says nothing, and it causes several problems communicating with others. 3. Images are no longer sent/received with other networks.  No notifications that they fail, no notice from Verizon, and more confusion with friends. 4. MONTHS LATER I get dozens of annoying text messages from Verizon, one for each of several messages not sent, but when I clicked on the button in their message to get the ACTUAL message, it just gives me an error instead of my friends' content, let alone any indication of the month, day, nor time when the message was originally sent! 5. Images start working again.  Still no word from Verizon that they ever stopped working, nor when they re-enabled them. 6. Longer messages from other networks start working again, but all of them are split into something like 160-char groups - BUT NOT EVEN DELIVERED IN ORDER, causing more confusion. FYI: I never use "data" on Verizon because if they can't be depended upon to manage simple texting, how could they manage data?
I've had Visual Voicemail since I started as a Verizon customer, over 2 years ago, yet they cannot keep the service running.  Why? 1. over a year ago somehow Verizon turned it off on my accoun... Ver más...
I've had Visual Voicemail since I started as a Verizon customer, over 2 years ago, yet they cannot keep the service running.  Why? 1. over a year ago somehow Verizon turned it off on my account but kept billing me.  I had to contact them directly to get that straightened out. 1.B. I can no longer contact them directly, apparently - they've hidden any ability to contact their people from their website. 2. This year I've gotten complaints from people saying that my voicemail box is full - but that is AFTER DELETING voicemails!  What happened Verizon?? 3. Why isn't the # of current/max voicemails listed anywhere?  The only reason I have VV is to have a larger inbox. Why can't Verizon keep this straight?