My contract has not expired yet,that's my point.
It is part of my agreement,contract just like unlimited texting & Data.So i disagree with you on it just being a FEATURE and being able to change it midstream of my contract period. The $20 incre... See more...
It is part of my agreement,contract just like unlimited texting & Data.So i disagree with you on it just being a FEATURE and being able to change it midstream of my contract period. The $20 increase with the Nation Wide Plan only happened AFTER they stopped offering all long term contracts. I still consider it Blackmail when you must "PAY UP OR LOSE" ! Especially after people used it for years and they(Verizon)KNOWS they have photos in storage they don't want to lose and Verizon is using that as leverage to get people to spend more money. I understand that there are 2 things i can do..(1)Pay up...(2)Don't pay and lose it. Thank you for your response and your view on this.
The point is..This free storage is part of the signed contract with Verizon.They could not show me where it says it was temporary or would be charged for it later.I have proof that says it was fr... Ver más...
The point is..This free storage is part of the signed contract with Verizon.They could not show me where it says it was temporary or would be charged for it later.I have proof that says it was free up to 5GB if their app was installed.Basically it's a breach of contract and voids anything i signed.
I got a msg today saying i will lose all my photos & videos unless i pay $2.99 a month. In Verizons own booklet it says..."5 gb for users who install the verizon Cloud app on their smartphone" "... Ver más...
I got a msg today saying i will lose all my photos & videos unless i pay $2.99 a month. In Verizons own booklet it says..."5 gb for users who install the verizon Cloud app on their smartphone" " No additional charge" How can they get rid of an item that we agreed to when i signed the contract??????