Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,704 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

JanetPutz's Posts

Good news!   Called Verizon Customer Service and the guy admitted he wasn't an expert on the repair/replace issue. He suggested I stop into a Verizon store to determine if the cause of the dama... See more...
Good news!   Called Verizon Customer Service and the guy admitted he wasn't an expert on the repair/replace issue. He suggested I stop into a Verizon store to determine if the cause of the damage. He implied that unless it was a defective unit that I would likely be **bleep** (meaning live with the crack or pay ~ $500 for a new unit) because I didn't get insurance. I stopped by the store and within a minute the guy told me $50. I told him I didn't have insurance. He asked how long I'd had the device and when I told him he said it was still under warranty and regardless...it was $50. So, I have a replacement unit on order which will be delivered straight to my house. I backup/restore on my own the contacts, etc. and then within 10 days mail the broken unit to Verizon   That's it. $50. No catch.   So the lesson learned is listen to you guys (you said $50 to replace under warranty) and keep talking to someone different at Verizon until you get someone who knows what the heck the are talking about.   Thanks youz guyz!
nmchileman, thanks.   By repair I did mean replacement of the screen. Crack can't be "repaired", only replaced.   I did stop by a Verizon outlet and they weren't helpful. Possibly I need to c... See more...
nmchileman, thanks.   By repair I did mean replacement of the screen. Crack can't be "repaired", only replaced.   I did stop by a Verizon outlet and they weren't helpful. Possibly I need to contact the phone customer service. They may end up telling me to take the device to an authorized service provider, hence my OP.   I'll make some calls tomorrow and let you know what I find out.   In the meantime, if anyone knows of a reputable, authorized service outfit in my area (Seattle), I'd appreciate the info.
My apologies if this is posted...I'm new to the forum and did a search but was unable to find a topic.   The screen on my BB Storm is cracked. The phone functions so right now, this appears to ... See more...
My apologies if this is posted...I'm new to the forum and did a search but was unable to find a topic.   The screen on my BB Storm is cracked. The phone functions so right now, this appears to be cosmetic. I would like to get the screen replaced though.   Can anyone recommend an authorized service repair outlet in the Seattle, WA area where I can take my device for repairs?   I should add that the device is not insured and this would not be a warranty issue.   Thanks in advance for the help.