Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,240 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

SCOWAR62's Posts

Thanks jav6 - I'll dig in to this when I get my replacement 4G extender!
 25m ago Fixed some typos - Yes - I ordered the new 4G Samsung extender, recieved it within 24 hours (Sat. - that was pretty cool) and tried to install it yesteday.  Spent hours watchi... See more...
 25m ago Fixed some typos - Yes - I ordered the new 4G Samsung extender, recieved it within 24 hours (Sat. - that was pretty cool) and tried to install it yesteday.  Spent hours watching it hang up on step "11b of 14."  Per instruction manual called and spoke to a VERY nice and helpful cust serv. rep. about 4 times (she was good enough to call back to check in), but we never got past 11b which she said was some kind of "software update."  Hit the reset button, changed the router port, blah blah blah.  She said she could see that my 4G extender device was communicating with Verizon. Per her instructions I am sending it back today.
Yes - I ordered the new 4G Samsung extender, recieved it within 24 hours (Sat. - that was pretty cool) and tried to install it yesteday.  Spend hours watching it hang up on step "11b of 14."  Per ins... See more...
Yes - I ordered the new 4G Samsung extender, recieved it within 24 hours (Sat. - that was pretty cool) and tried to install it yesteday.  Spend hours watching it hang up on step "11b of 14."  Per instruction manual called and spoke to a VERY nice and helpful cust serv. rep. about 4 times (she was good enough to call back to check in), but we never got past 11b which she said was some kind of "software update."  Hit the reset button, changed the router port, blah blah blah.  She said she could see that my 4G exdevice was communicating with Verizon. Per her instructions I am sending it back today.
I have Charter/Specturm via cable, here in Glendale, CA.  I am told by them I have the fastest speed available for residential customers.  I am also told by modem and router are "up to date" and the ... See more...
I have Charter/Specturm via cable, here in Glendale, CA.  I am told by them I have the fastest speed available for residential customers.  I am also told by modem and router are "up to date" and the latest available.  Internet speed and connectivity not spectacular, but pretty good.  BTW - The 3G Samsung Extender I reconnected has and does work well, but I have to change my iphone XR LTE setting everytime I leave or return to the house.  Really frustrating when I forget.  Got the "new" 4G extemder just to avoid that.
Does anybody have a Samsung 4G extender and happy with it?  Just currious.  I spent hours today, some with a very helpful customer support person, but we couldn't get it to work so in the end I have ... See more...
Does anybody have a Samsung 4G extender and happy with it?  Just currious.  I spent hours today, some with a very helpful customer support person, but we couldn't get it to work so in the end I have to send it back.  What a waist of my time.  I can't find anywhere online, here or elsewhere, a post where someone says there happy with this Samsung 4G extender.  My Samsung 3G extender worked pretty well/OK, but because the 3G extender isn't compatible with my new iphone XR LTE phone so I have to change my settings every time I leave the house and also when I return.  Not convienient.  Thanks!!
Is there any benefit to paying the monthly fee for having the phone line connected to my Ellipsis 7?  I had the phone line reconnected in hopes of getting updates that would allow me to use the E... See more...
Is there any benefit to paying the monthly fee for having the phone line connected to my Ellipsis 7?  I had the phone line reconnected in hopes of getting updates that would allow me to use the Ellipsis 7 for airline and home security apps.  Seems the Ellipsis 7 uses an android version 4.4.2.  That's pretty old (released 2013) since android is now on version 8.  So it seems the most updated Verizon Ellipsis 7doesn't work for American, United, Delta Southwest airlines, or Ring.  But it does seem to work for Kindle, Waze, Petzi and YouTube, realtor.com and some other things, but I hope I don't phone line for those!  Right??
So it looks like Ring requires version 5 and up, Southwest Airlines requires 6 and up, Delta requires 5 and up, United requires 5 and up.  American says it depends on the device, but since when I... See more...
So it looks like Ring requires version 5 and up, Southwest Airlines requires 6 and up, Delta requires 5 and up, United requires 5 and up.  American says it depends on the device, but since when I try to get the American app is says my device "isn't compatible," I kinda feel like we can assume American requires a newer software version than what my "latest updated" Ellipsis 7 has, which is 4.4.2.  No big deal, I've got other devices that work well.  But unless there is a likelihood that the Ellipsis 7 is going to receive an operating system upgrade, it makes the Ellipsis 7 significantly less useful to me.
OK - So I called Verizon and got the device reassigned a phone number.  We also figured out that my SIM card "had been retired" so I got a new one.  Verizon was nice and sent the new SIM really q... See more...
OK - So I called Verizon and got the device reassigned a phone number.  We also figured out that my SIM card "had been retired" so I got a new one.  Verizon was nice and sent the new SIM really quickly.  And my Ellipsis seems to update on my home Wifi and down loads some apps pretty quickly.  HOWEVER, when I try to download from Google Play the United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines and the Ring - Always Home apps, is says "Your device isn't compatible with this version."  Pretty disappointing, since that's basically all the airlines I fly.  I was just hoping to use this device for all the flights that require me/us to use the wifi to use our own screen to watch in-flight entertainment.  Looks like this device won't do that huh?
I can’t get my ellipsis 7 to take the latest American Airlines app. Anybody else have this problem? The AA app says I don’t have the latest software. When I try to update, the ellipsis 7 says “ca... See more...
I can’t get my ellipsis 7 to take the latest American Airlines app. Anybody else have this problem? The AA app says I don’t have the latest software. When I try to update, the ellipsis 7 says “cannot connect to server.” I turned off the $10 per month phone line 2 years ago. I wonder if that is the problem. Verizon support and I looked at the software version and it looks like I have the latest update from 2 years ago. Could that be wrong??