I have tried resets before and they did nothing. this phone acted like this right out of the box and continues to. Of course I have tried different chargers, wall charger, USB from computer, USB... Ver más...
I have tried resets before and they did nothing. this phone acted like this right out of the box and continues to. Of course I have tried different chargers, wall charger, USB from computer, USB from portable power cell, car charger. It is not the charger. It is not the battery. It is the PHONE. Please see my original post where I go through all of this. I need a viable solution, and it looks like we're talking about a new phone. And I don't want to have to pay a deductible. I am sure I need someone from Verizon to authorize this. It's bad enough that Verizon has horrible cell service in the the Santa Clarita Valley. I have at most one bar where I live, and that's been the case for five years despite repeated requests by me and thousands of others living here to please add a cell tower. Horrible.
I have done it before and it did nothing. Others have tried it and it did nothing. I don't want to spend hours and trying to reinstall everything on my wiped phone for a solution that has been pr... Ver más...
I have done it before and it did nothing. Others have tried it and it did nothing. I don't want to spend hours and trying to reinstall everything on my wiped phone for a solution that has been proven not to work.
The factory reset is not a fix.
I have the original battery from my previous Galaxy Note 4 which worked perfectly. That battery also does not work in this new phone any better than the one which came with it. It's not the batte... Ver más...
I have the original battery from my previous Galaxy Note 4 which worked perfectly. That battery also does not work in this new phone any better than the one which came with it. It's not the battery. Samsung has a serious problem here they are not addressing.
It is a huge deal doing a factory reset and not having any of my apps I use for work available to me for 24 hours, then restoring everything. I am using the exact same apps as in the previous pho... Ver más...
It is a huge deal doing a factory reset and not having any of my apps I use for work available to me for 24 hours, then restoring everything. I am using the exact same apps as in the previous phone. Nothing has changed except the phone.
It was a call to the Verizon insurance company... handled it all that way. Not sure they're exchange a phone that "isn't charging properly"... insurance covers breakage and warranty... this is pr... Ver más...
It was a call to the Verizon insurance company... handled it all that way. Not sure they're exchange a phone that "isn't charging properly"... insurance covers breakage and warranty... this is probably out of its short warranty.
Any solution here? It's pretty apparent I have a defective phone, that the replacement sent to me was not operating properly. How will Verizon make this right?
Except that the previous battery I had which worked perfectly is acting the exact same way in this phone...
I have used the original charger, aftermarket chargers, car chargers, different batteries... you-name-it. Exact same results. My first phone was fine; it's the replacement that has been problemat... Ver más...
I have used the original charger, aftermarket chargers, car chargers, different batteries... you-name-it. Exact same results. My first phone was fine; it's the replacement that has been problematic. A colleague who works in the professional electronics (broadcast TV) has the same phone and believes there is a problem with the charging circuitry. I recently installed Battery Doctor and Save Power apps which constantly report that the phone battery is draining quickly with 100+ apps draining it (even when every app has been turned off.) I have to use the cumbersome app to optimize all day long or it drains in 6-7 hours, much less if using Waze or actually talking on the phone!
The screen on my original Galaxy Note 4 broke and insurance provided a new phone. Even before the Marshmallow update this new phone would not hold a charge very long, and while plugged into my ca... Ver más...
The screen on my original Galaxy Note 4 broke and insurance provided a new phone. Even before the Marshmallow update this new phone would not hold a charge very long, and while plugged into my car charger using Waze or just making calls the phone would discharge faster than it was charging. Previous phone was fine. I used the battery from the previous phone and there is no difference. I am lucky to get 6-7 hours normal use (with Waze off.) Battery drains super fast and is very slow to recharge-- two hours in a wall charger might add only 20%. There is nothing else different in the way I am using it from the previous phone except I have turned the screen brightness way and often turn off GPS and WiFi down to try to preserve battery life. Seems to have little effect. A colleague has the exact same problem. What is a real-world solution? Apparently there is a serious problem with the phone itself. I need this for work and have to do something ASAP.