Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,703 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

NekoSaru's Posts

I dont know about that number, but you can block up to 5 numbers from having any contact with you for free through My Account under I believe it was Ssage Controls.   If you end up needing addi... See more...
I dont know about that number, but you can block up to 5 numbers from having any contact with you for free through My Account under I believe it was Ssage Controls.   If you end up needing additional blocks, there is a monthly fee.
While 100% of us may not apply to the "fine print" rule (did you notice I put 50% back there?) quite a few of us have done those facebook quizzes or have unruly teens.   Also, ones where you si... See more...
While 100% of us may not apply to the "fine print" rule (did you notice I put 50% back there?) quite a few of us have done those facebook quizzes or have unruly teens.   Also, ones where you sign up on their websites, its very easy to fat-finger the wrong number before hitting submit therefore putting some innocent bystander (like you) in the hole.   I still stand by what I said as it is still part of the cause.   If you haven't already, I would also contact them by email while waiting on VZW support: {edited for privacy} $19.99 a mo is one of the highest PSMS fee's I have seen yet. Message Edited by BradC on 06-24-2009 09:24 AM
Might want to call cust srv to make sure there is no hidden block. I just tried and this is what I received from Safe Pass:   From: 739-81    Your Bank of America SafePass registration code i... See more...
Might want to call cust srv to make sure there is no hidden block. I just tried and this is what I received from Safe Pass:   From: 739-81    Your Bank of America SafePass registration code is"######". Standard charges apply. For support, reply by texting HELP. To opt-out, text STOP.   June 23, 6:02pm      Sounds like an additional block is preventing it, or a block that was recently removed is stuck in the system. 
When you remove blocks they normally do not take effect until you do the *228 option 1 to reprogram. When you add or remove services of some sort they normally have you power cycle your phone be... See more...
When you remove blocks they normally do not take effect until you do the *228 option 1 to reprogram. When you add or remove services of some sort they normally have you power cycle your phone before it takes effect.   Try that. Also, was one of the blocks for premium SMS or texting? 
Did you set up the mobile device information on your account? You should not have any issues receive them as the process does work.   ~Are there any blocks on your account that you know of? Me... See more...
Did you set up the mobile device information on your account? You should not have any issues receive them as the process does work.   ~Are there any blocks on your account that you know of? Message Edited by NekoSaru on 06-23-2009 03:34 PM
TheWitness wrote: I did more research on the origins of "Premium Text Messaging" services last night.  It would appear that Verizon actually "Invented" the concept back in 2004.  Would you be... See more...
TheWitness wrote: I did more research on the origins of "Premium Text Messaging" services last night.  It would appear that Verizon actually "Invented" the concept back in 2004.  Would you believe that...  Interesting.   TheWitness   Do share your sources on that please. Premium content was around long before 2004. The issues rose around 2002 with text "spam" and 3rd party charges.   Edit: As we know, the US is behind in technology. All of this started first outside the US. The US didn't even adapt to text messages until 2001 when it was already available outside the US (namely Japan) since the mid 90's.   I know all of your are mad at Verizon for letting it happen. I too have been a victum. Rather than blaming Verizon, after research, I fault myself for not reading the fine print that all PSMS services list. Many of us are at fault for that too but not many will admit when wrong.   So, please use factual information when pointing fingers as all of this has been going on for quite some time.   Should Verizon step up and help prevent this? Yes. Are they the creators? No. Are they at fault? Eh, probably 50/50/50. I know that doesn't add up but it comes to the fault of the scandals that created the PSMS, Us for not reading the fine print or monitoring our kids, and the providers for doing whats called "reverse billing".   Oh and for the confirmation texts. If you delete them and don't respond, the 3rd parties see that as an agreement because you never responded no. (lame) Message Edited by NekoSaru on 06-23-2009 10:35 AM
White with the pink line means your fine. No liquid damage. It will turn completely pink if liquid came in contact.  Other models will have white with pink X's on them. Same thing, your fine unl... See more...
White with the pink line means your fine. No liquid damage. It will turn completely pink if liquid came in contact.  Other models will have white with pink X's on them. Same thing, your fine unless its completely pink.
Again, its not just Verizon. This happens with ALL providers. Here is some information I found on SmartMoney. While it is for 2008, this still applies.   Avoiding Fees Seek confirmation The ... See more...
Again, its not just Verizon. This happens with ALL providers. Here is some information I found on SmartMoney. While it is for 2008, this still applies.   Avoiding Fees Seek confirmation The Mobile Marketing Association requires premium content providers to offer so-called double opt-in — meaning the customer must request the service and then confirm their interest again before they can be charged anything. You might think that downloading that new Tetris game, for example, won't result in any extra charges. However, if you receive an "Are you sure?" message before the transaction is complete it's highly likely that a charge above and beyond your wireless service provider's usual text message or web-usage fee is forthcoming, says Edgar Dworsky, founder of Consumer World, a consumer advocate. Responding "no" should be enough to cancel a pending charge — although you won't get to download that game you want, either. Pay with plastic If you simply have to have season six "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks's single "No Air" as your new ringtone, buy it from a company that lets you pay with a credit card such as RingToneJukeBox.com. Opting to have third-party charges billed directly to your credit card gives you added protection such as the right to dispute the amount and nature of an unwanted charge. Initiate carrier protections "None of the providers really like these third-party companies because they have to deal with the customer service headache," says Joe Farren, a spokesman for trade group CTIA-The Wireless Association. Ask your provider what options it offers to keep such charges off your bill. In January, Verizon began allowing consumers to block premium SMS content providers from sending or subscribing them to content. AT&T offers controls that allow parents to keep their child from using a wireless phone to purchase any premium content, including ringtones, games and graphics.     You can find more on how to "Protect Yourself" here. Just like all other accounts, we should take the initiative and not expect our provide to do so for us. If they did, things like credit fraud and identity theft wouldn't be an issue.  http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/deals/third-party-service-fees-sneaking-onto-wireless-bills-22687/ 
What format are they in? Check and make sure its one of the following: MP3, WMA, Unprotected AAC & Unprotected AAC+ formats     If your using the USB cable, make sure the drivers installed thr... See more...
What format are they in? Check and make sure its one of the following: MP3, WMA, Unprotected AAC & Unprotected AAC+ formats     If your using the USB cable, make sure the drivers installed through windows. If your on a Mac, I do not know if there is a compatable driver yet.
When you get a message for a new version, you just upgrade it. No need to uninstall or reinstall.   Current version on my phone is 1.5.0.3616   When you have BA highlights, click on info/more... See more...
When you get a message for a new version, you just upgrade it. No need to uninstall or reinstall.   Current version on my phone is 1.5.0.3616   When you have BA highlights, click on info/more info. Select option 4 for upgrade check. This will run the upgrade to the new version.
Whrrl is the only Twitter app I found avail. It does have a monthly fee though and not avail on all phones yet.  You can access twitter though m.twitter.com or set up the mobile features and use t... See more...
Whrrl is the only Twitter app I found avail. It does have a monthly fee though and not avail on all phones yet.  You can access twitter though m.twitter.com or set up the mobile features and use twitter texting at 40404.
It could have been a friend playing a prank as well. Like when you leave a voice mail. If you listen to the options, you can leave a call back number, this is any number you want to list. Someti... See more...
It could have been a friend playing a prank as well. Like when you leave a voice mail. If you listen to the options, you can leave a call back number, this is any number you want to list. Sometimes, when a person blocks their number before calling, they are asked to leave a number if the person wants to call them back, again, it doesn't have to be the same number they are calling from. So when the receiver goes to try and retrieve the number that was listed as blocked/restricted/unavail... they are given the number the caller left.     Sounds like a prank amoung friends happened Especially since you can factually check your usage online, in store, or over the phone. 
I haven't seen the roaming indicator in forever. Last time I've seen it, it was a black triangle that would appear near your signal bars.
It will still record the data that you use even if you have vpak. I was concerned about it too but tech support assured me that the counter is doing what its supposed to do. Count your usage even... See more...
It will still record the data that you use even if you have vpak. I was concerned about it too but tech support assured me that the counter is doing what its supposed to do. Count your usage even if unlimited. Just like the text counter shows I have already used 1200 texts of my unlimited. O_O
Here is one thing I noticed with the change in features over the year. I didn't notice it until yesterday when I sent my dad a video.   At one point, all phones could only record and send 15 se... See more...
Here is one thing I noticed with the change in features over the year. I didn't notice it until yesterday when I sent my dad a video.   At one point, all phones could only record and send 15 sec vids. Eventually the vcast phones were at 30 seconds. You could send to an older model with 15 secs but they could NOT forward that video because it exceeded their 15 sec default.   Now, my touch defaults to 60 seconds. My dad has the C2 which is 30 seconds. He could receive my video but not forward it to my mom (env2 user).   This is just a guess, but I think this may relate to your issue in some form or another. But again... maybe not.
Depends on the number. If it is an international skype number then yes, you are charged for international calling. If they gave you a US type number to call but are located outside the states the... See more...
Depends on the number. If it is an international skype number then yes, you are charged for international calling. If they gave you a US type number to call but are located outside the states then it is counted towards your normal minutes.   For example, my brother was recently stationed in Korea. Thanks to him having a skype account he created when back home, we were able to call him on skype using a Virginia number (757 area code). Saved us lots of money and headaches.    Calling skype uses your normal minutes unless you add it to your friends & family. 
What he said
I believe DC did answer your question if you look again. They cannot let you use the phone without a package. They would need to reprogram the computer system for it to not add a data package. I... See more...
I believe DC did answer your question if you look again. They cannot let you use the phone without a package. They would need to reprogram the computer system for it to not add a data package. If you work for a cellular company, you should know that not all systems are the same and some things just can not be done because I said jump. It cannot be done. You may be able to get them to block data all together through customer service, but that also blocks pix /vid messages for some PDA's. But when you initially purchase, you HAVE to have a data plan.
The Storm doesn't even have wifi so data is needed to really use it. Even if you unlock it, I believe the wifi chip is not included in the device so you would need AT&T's data plan to still use ... See more...
The Storm doesn't even have wifi so data is needed to really use it. Even if you unlock it, I believe the wifi chip is not included in the device so you would need AT&T's data plan to still use data capabilities... which may or may not work on the device built for Verizon.
I hear ya there. I almost purchased the Storm. But after how it acts with my Brother I choose against it. The Tour doesn't come out for I think 2 more months? I keep hearing different dates lol. ... See more...
I hear ya there. I almost purchased the Storm. But after how it acts with my Brother I choose against it. The Tour doesn't come out for I think 2 more months? I keep hearing different dates lol. July 13th, 19th and then Sept 9th.