Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,976 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

VAPatriot's Posts

I have to chuckle about all the whining about not having the latest and greatest update?  How important is it really?  And what new features does Marshmallow bring that will make vast improvement... See more...
I have to chuckle about all the whining about not having the latest and greatest update?  How important is it really?  And what new features does Marshmallow bring that will make vast improvements in our life?  I'm happy with what I have, a dependable phone that does all it does. If it upgrades to Marshmallow great, if not, its still a great phone.
The latest from Motorola.  At least they're willing to publicly address the issue. From Mr Soni's Google+ page Punit SoniOct 9, 2012 +20   1. I think I mentioned the plan for Bionic. It wil... See more...
The latest from Motorola.  At least they're willing to publicly address the issue. From Mr Soni's Google+ page Punit SoniOct 9, 2012 +20   1. I think I mentioned the plan for Bionic. It will be released in Q4. We have most of the work done, but an upgrade is a partnership between multiple companies, and there are processes which are outside of our control (many of them to ensure you get a stable release). This makes giving exact dates difficult if not plain impossible. 2. We should have details of the rebate program soon and that should hopefully put to rest any speculation on who qualifies etc. 3. Finally, as you can see (hopefully), I am really trying hard to keep the communication lines open between us. Its not about commenting only on positive comments etc. We are just cautious to react to things where we are still gathering info, making decisions. We are going to commit to things very deliberately henceforth because when we do, we are going to make it happen no matter what. At least that's what the future will be like. - 1.) Validates that the partnership rests with the carrier as they're the ones that have specific bloatware they need to put on their phones.  That in itself can destabilize a stable system.  Its also up to VZW if they want to push this so late in it's life, and so close to the holiday release of new phones. - 2.) It sounds like the powers to be at Motorola are gearing up with their rebate program knowing that many phones won't get the Jelly Bean upgrade as originally marketed...not promised.  -3.) At least someone from Motorola is willing to speak up on this issue.  VZW has been very consistent in ignoring its "vauled customers".
I used to live (stationed) in Europe where people buy cell phones from their local electronics retailer.  Since these phones work on all carrier networks (unlocked), there are no contracts and th... See more...
I used to live (stationed) in Europe where people buy cell phones from their local electronics retailer.  Since these phones work on all carrier networks (unlocked), there are no contracts and their prices are equivalent to what you would pay for a two year contract phone here.  These phones are also made by prominent manufacturers too such as Motorola, Samsung, Sony/Ericsson, Nokia, LG, etc...   Then you choose your carrier (SIM card), usually by some flat rate monthly fee that doesn't calculate minutes or data usage, unless you're calling internationally. And both manufacturers and providers are fiercely competing for your business.  So when you have long term contracts and service providers selling only proprietary phones locked on their network, that takes a lot of the competition, and customer loyalty, out of the picture.   Just my $.02