Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,084 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

staniel's Posts

I recently learned that nobody can leave me a voicemail when they call - they get a message that my inbox is full.  I then deleted all the voicemails that appear on my iPhone 6 when I click the p... See more...
I recently learned that nobody can leave me a voicemail when they call - they get a message that my inbox is full.  I then deleted all the voicemails that appear on my iPhone 6 when I click the phone app.  I also emptied the entire 'deleted messages' folder.  After doing this, I still get the 'inbox is full' message when I call my cell or when someone else does.  I then decided to call *86 to see if that inbox still worked, but I figured it didn't.  I assumed that when I purchased my first iPhone (2011) all voicemails were simply directed to the iPhone's version of 'visual voicemail' instead of having to call *86 to receive messages.  The reason I suspected this is because I remember a VZW rep telling me back when I bought my first iPhone that my old messages would all be deleted because the iPhone used a 'different type' of voicemail, and that I would no longer use the *86 method.  Anyway, much to my surprise, when I dialed *86 I found out that I currently have 40 saved messages.  I listened to the first message (which should be the most recent, right?) and it was from February 12th of 2012; so the remaining 39 must be from earlier dates. How can this be?  I've always had an iPhone since that initial purchase in 2011.  Why would some voicemails get 'trapped' in the *86 box, while others go straight to visual voicemail?  Also, if this *86 inbox is full, and that's what's causing people to not be able to leave me messages, shouldn't my inbox have been full since the date of that last message, Feb. 12th 2012?  I've received hundreds of voicemails since then.  So, why, all of a sudden, is my inbox magically considered 'full' when the status of the *86 VM hasn't changed in nearly 5 years? I really don't want to have to delete these 40 messages because I know it will take forever and because I don't understand how they could truly be the issue.  How the [Removed] did they even get there?  What determines whether or not someones VM goes to *86 or the iOS VM? inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator