Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,613 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

XtremeBerry's Posts

First download and install the OS to your computer. Get it here:http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal Open up the Destop Manager after OS is installed and plug in your p... See more...
First download and install the OS to your computer. Get it here:http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal Open up the Destop Manager after OS is installed and plug in your phone. It will then tell you to update your OS . Just follow the onscreen messages until completed.
Also another new feature to verizon OS's is the pop up keys function. This makes it so when you type the keys pop up above your fingers showing you exactly what you are pressing. To get there go... See more...
Also another new feature to verizon OS's is the pop up keys function. This makes it so when you type the keys pop up above your fingers showing you exactly what you are pressing. To get there go Options>Screen/Keyboard>Show Key Indicator> three options light up and default is NEVER. Change to Always and presto, it makes typing in portait mode alot more bearable.
The .66 BBM has this glitch and even if you use app world and dl the old .57 version it is still present. Here is a workaround that works. In BBM Chat group hit the BB button and hit New Chat, th... See more...
The .66 BBM has this glitch and even if you use app world and dl the old .57 version it is still present. Here is a workaround that works. In BBM Chat group hit the BB button and hit New Chat, then hit cancel and your keyboard stays up. You do have to do this every time but it does allow you to still chat in groups. FYI- There is a new BBM that is in beta right now that does fix this glitch. So it is coming soon. Other than that I really like this OS.
Rarely are the leaks ever official versions from a carrier. Why would we want .428 since most phones are seeing releases in the .464 area. I have .428 and I think they should do more work on the ... See more...
Rarely are the leaks ever official versions from a carrier. Why would we want .428 since most phones are seeing releases in the .464 area. I have .428 and I think they should do more work on the battery side of things before a full carrier release for the 9550.
Are you running the Verizon OS? If you are what apps have you recently added? An app you may have added may not be compatible with the 5.0 OS.
The 8530 was released to phase out the 8330. So...the ball is still in verizons court on this one.
Going to an HTC really isnt a downsize though.
Was this a corporate store or one of those mini mall I sell verizon but dont have any of the discounts or promotion stores? This is why I always tell people to use the BB desktop manager as it h... See more...
Was this a corporate store or one of those mini mall I sell verizon but dont have any of the discounts or promotion stores? This is why I always tell people to use the BB desktop manager as it has one of those neat new features called BACKUP. I would have hope d they would have backed up your phone before doing any type of update and I am firmly against the OTA updates to your OS as to many things can go wrong. Your phone is not completely dead in the water as you can wipe it clean and reinstall an OS. But if they really screwed it up you probably lost your data and anything that wasnt saved on your SD card.
RIM has on their Facebook page today that the 9650( Tour 2 with Trackpad,WIFI and a better camera) is coming. If you can hold out that is the best of both worlds. I had several issues with my Tou... See more...
RIM has on their Facebook page today that the 9650( Tour 2 with Trackpad,WIFI and a better camera) is coming. If you can hold out that is the best of both worlds. I had several issues with my Tour also and loved my 8330. The 8530 is just an update to that phone with a touchpad and WIFI and more app memory. The Tour is really a Storm with a keypad and a trackball.
I havent been able to get a replacement berry in a store for a year now where I live (Midwest).
I would first try regestering my Host routing table then resending my service books.
OR hold Alt,Shift,H
i felt your pain with the Tour as I blew through 4 of those in a few months. Which is strange because if a company should know trackballs it should be RIM. I have had a Storm 2 since its inceptio... See more...
i felt your pain with the Tour as I blew through 4 of those in a few months. Which is strange because if a company should know trackballs it should be RIM. I have had a Storm 2 since its inception and have not had any issues you have described. In fact it has been the most stable and toughest blackberry, out of the many, I have had over a few years. Maybe a few of the mods here can lend you a helping hand.
^^Right. The .428 is the latest Leak and has the pop up buttons( highlight brightly) on the keypad.
The 5.0.0.428 is the latest "leak" and it is nice.
No, they would replace the trackball on the Curve's not the Tour. You dont have to disassemble the Curve to remove the trackball as you do a Tour. This is the main problem I had with my Tour was ... See more...
No, they would replace the trackball on the Curve's not the Tour. You dont have to disassemble the Curve to remove the trackball as you do a Tour. This is the main problem I had with my Tour was constant trackball issues. This is one of the main reason the Tour 2 is coming out so quick with the trackpad instead of the trackball.
Moving your settings,ringtones,pics,contacts will not have any bearing on your OS as you will not "move" it.
The Boost 5.0 is a very new build and is much faster  than 4.5 on the old guy. I agree that removal of any of the unwanted items is a must and I always like to keep 12mb free on all of my berries... See more...
The Boost 5.0 is a very new build and is much faster  than 4.5 on the old guy. I agree that removal of any of the unwanted items is a must and I always like to keep 12mb free on all of my berries.
LOL..nice choice leaving Verizon for AT&T. I hope you didnt get an Iphone. http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jan2010/tc20100119_759795.htm   Apparently MS is in talks with all the... See more...
LOL..nice choice leaving Verizon for AT&T. I hope you didnt get an Iphone. http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jan2010/tc20100119_759795.htm   Apparently MS is in talks with all the big guns about making Bing the main search engine. Did you really think since Google is starting to make phones that Blackberry and Apple would stay with Google no matter the carrier? Better get you an droid if you want to stay with Google . Oh wait you went to AT&T .
Also rumour is  in June Apple is finished with AT&T. The stars might align and bring you a big  red iphone. People who have seen the Storm 3 also say it will be 4G compatible, is iphone thin and ... See more...
Also rumour is  in June Apple is finished with AT&T. The stars might align and bring you a big  red iphone. People who have seen the Storm 3 also say it will be 4G compatible, is iphone thin and is faster than the Droid. Sounds like this may be the game changer phone we were hearing about last year.