Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,152 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

ROCKSEEKERS's Posts

I went to two Verizon stores and spent close to an hour at the one which supposedly could handle this problem.  I was ran in circles and made to repeat my situation over and over with the rep disappe... See more...
I went to two Verizon stores and spent close to an hour at the one which supposedly could handle this problem.  I was ran in circles and made to repeat my situation over and over with the rep disappearing into the back 3 times and each time came back with "you can pay off the device" "and we're sorry we can't be of help" and "Let me research this and last contact was on April 22nd".  I DON'T CARE WHEN LAST CONTACT WAS AND I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM CONTINUING TO MAKE THE DEVICE PAYMENT EACH MONTH.  I JUST WANT THE MONTHLY BILLING FOR THAT LINE TO STOP. The rep indicated that the ONLY way the billing could be stopped is if the device was paid off in full but until  such time I am out of luck (dirt outta luck).  I became so frustrated at the amount of time I had been made to sit out in the front lobby twiddling my thumbs and the same run around being given to me by the rep as all other contact with Verizon I've been getting (plus I had another appointment and live approximately 1.5 hours away) so I got up and left while the rep was once again in the back "researching" this matter. I do not have the $400 to payoff the device.  I do not want to continue being billed for phone services on a line that hasn't been used since like October or November of last year.  I will continue to make the monthly device payment as I originally agreed to do.  I am the only account holder.  The person to whom I activated the line for is dead and had NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ACCOUNT. Why is this causing me unnecessary financial and emotional stress???  Why is it that Verizon is so greedy that it will not stop charging me for phone service on a line which I have suspended, attempted to deactivate/remove, spent COUNTLESS hours explaining, trying to get this matter resolved???  All I was doing is a friend a favor by giving him a phone and he dies and now Verizon is making my life miserable.  I live paycheck to paycheck and my phone is required for my work so Verizon has got me by the nerve yet I cannot afford to pay my monthly bill but my work requires that I have a cell phone and on and on and on and on this goes round and round and round in circles with no good reason being given as to why Verizon insists on charging for phone services after a person dies even though that person is not the account holder nor is the account holder attempting to renig on their obligation to pay for the device.  I just can't do one lump payment of $400!!! IS ANYBODY LISTENING TO ME???
THE USER IS NOT ON THE ACCOUNT!!  It is MY ACCOUNT in MY NAME.  I am like $400 in the hole with Verizon.  I have gone into the corporate or whatever store in Santee and they started to give me the sa... See more...
THE USER IS NOT ON THE ACCOUNT!!  It is MY ACCOUNT in MY NAME.  I am like $400 in the hole with Verizon.  I have gone into the corporate or whatever store in Santee and they started to give me the same frickin' speech I got online!!  I WANT THE BILLING TO STOP.  I have no problem paying the monthly payment for the actual phone but for Verizon to continue to charge me monthly service charges on a phone that has not, and is not, and will not be used because the person DIED is making me insane.  I am living paycheck to paycheck and I need MY CELL PHONE for my work but since Verizon is charging me for services on a line that hasn't been used since about October 2018 and CONTINUES TO DO SO DESPITE MY 500 attempts to get it to stop I will not be able to keep up these monthly payments and thus lose my cell phone service, home phone service, internet, all which are vital because of where I live and work!!  I AM SO FRUSTRATED I COULD JUST SCREAM.  I walked out of the Santee Verizon because I sat there for close to an hour while the rep went behind closed doors to research my account....  I drove close to 2 hours to get there (traffic permitting) and was getting absolutely NOWHERE with them.  A death certificate can take MONTHS to obtain via their mail request process.  HE WASN'T EVEN ON MY FRICKING ACCOUNT FOR GOD'S SAKE.  I guess I will just contact somebody at corporate headquarters and hopefully they can do something for me because I am sick and tired of customer service wasting my fricking time!!  Also, I don't happen to have the almost $400 to pay off the phone so since I am unable to payoff the phone, I was told that Verizon will continue to charge me the monthly service charges until it is paid off.  SO ON TOP OF NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY MY MONTHLY CELL BILL BECAUSE OF THEIR CHARGING FOR SERVICES ON A LINE THAT ISN'T ACTIVE, I NEED TO COME UP WITH $400 SO THESE EXCESSIVE CHARGES STOP.  HOW IN THE heck AM I SUPPOSED TO COME UP WITH $400 WHEN I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD THE ALMOST $100 A MONTH EXTRA FOR A LINE THAT ISN'T ACTIVE.  And all the reps are so nonchalant and oh I'm sorry to hear about your loss...  what in the heck gives you the right to continue charging after a person dies and WHO ISN'T / WASN'T EVEN LISTED AS AN ACCOUNT HOLDER ON THE ACCOUNT??? 
I am replying to mama23dogs Sr. Leader:  You said my thoughts exactly.  So with all that being said...  how do I get Verizon to STOP charging me for monthly service charges on that unused line??!! I ... See more...
I am replying to mama23dogs Sr. Leader:  You said my thoughts exactly.  So with all that being said...  how do I get Verizon to STOP charging me for monthly service charges on that unused line??!! I understand continuing to make payments on the actual phone itself but to continue charging me $100+ a month for services on a line that has not been used, nor will it be used, since last September/October is causing me financial grief.  I have tried and yet Verizon continues to charge me and then when I cannot afford to pay bill each month because of excessive charges, I get almost turned off, late fees, etc.  HELP PLEASE!!
I recently spent at least two hours chatting with Verizon rep via my online account regarding removing one of the phone lines on my account due to the death of the user.  Basically the bottom line wa... See more...
I recently spent at least two hours chatting with Verizon rep via my online account regarding removing one of the phone lines on my account due to the death of the user.  Basically the bottom line was that until I drive the almost 2 hours to my nearest corporate Verizon store and provide them with a copy of the death certificate, the monthly billing for said line will continue even though the phone has not been used since November 2018.  It wasn't until the very end of my 2 hour chat that the rep was able to procure authorization to credit my current month's billing for said unused line's service charges but was again reminded that despite this "one time" credit, my account will continue to be charged monthly (almost $100) for Verizon's services.  It seems that Verizon's greed is their #1 priority; they didn't even consider the fact that there has been absolutely no activity on the unused line only that they want their money even after death.  Pathetic and ridiculous policy.  I will no longer brag about Verizon's service up here in the mountain areas any more.