Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,318 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DukeHazzard's Posts

[removed] My number has been listed on the Do Not Call registry nearly as long as the registry has existed.  I reported many of the calls on the FCC website but I simply don't have time to fill ... See more...
[removed] My number has been listed on the Do Not Call registry nearly as long as the registry has existed.  I reported many of the calls on the FCC website but I simply don't have time to fill out the form for all of them.  Because they are "spoofed", it's not helping anyway. My number is "safe and secure", thank you very much.  These are auto-dialed, random calls.  Everyone in my area with a Verizon phone gets them; I suspect this is true everywhere else as well.  Because the number is different each time blocking the numbers would be useless.  I would eventually have to block every unused number in the xxx-813-xxxx exchange.  Why can't Verizon categorically block unused numbers? If I have to change the phone number that I've had for more than a decade, the number that friends, family, customers and suppliers know to contact my with, I will be changing providers at the same time. Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
A good point about the FCC.  In this case the numbers are (or at least appear to be) unassigned; when I dial them back I only get a busy signal. 
I have been getting a ridiculous amount of calls from spoofed numbers with the same area code and prefix of my phone.  About half of my incoming call volume are these robocalls.  The prefix is ex... See more...
I have been getting a ridiculous amount of calls from spoofed numbers with the same area code and prefix of my phone.  About half of my incoming call volume are these robocalls.  The prefix is exclusive to Verizon Wireless customers in my area so is there something Verizon can do about it?  Because I a lot of people I know have this same prefix for their Verizon phone I can't categorically block it.  I hate ignoring all unknown numbers from my own exchange because I have missed legitimate calls but at this level (5 fake calls already today) I finally had to shut the ringer off.  If anyone has any other suggestions I am listening. 
Update 9/14/16: Still getting the messages, still reporting them on the FTC website.  New twist is that they now address me by a name, [Removed] (not my name, of course).  Definitely a foreign so... See more...
Update 9/14/16: Still getting the messages, still reporting them on the FTC website.  New twist is that they now address me by a name, [Removed] (not my name, of course).  Definitely a foreign source as the prices listed are always in "USD" not "$".  The websites linked always vary slightly as well: www.e-totebags.com, www.coach-mall.com, www.ecoach.mobi, www.coachmall.biz, www.coach4.trade, www.coach.se, just to name a few examples. THESE ARE ALL SCAM SITES - DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS! Thank you RalphT for your input.  I hadn't been sending them to 7266 for a while but I will send another batch today. Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator
Thank you for your advice.  The TruCaller seems like it would only be able to block the apparent (spoofed) number, though, and they are always different. Even though though the suggestion doesn... See more...
Thank you for your advice.  The TruCaller seems like it would only be able to block the apparent (spoofed) number, though, and they are always different. Even though though the suggestion doesn't solve my particular problem I appreciate you sticking with the thread and trying to find a solution.  If someone from Verizon security took a similar interest they could probably trace the true source and shut them down but I doubt they will apply those resources.  Thank you for your help in the meantime, at least someone is paying attention. 
Re: sprmankalel: Do you honestly believe I would go to this much trouble, including regular reports to a government agency, if I hadn't already tried "stop"?  I've even tried stop with all manner... See more...
Re: sprmankalel: Do you honestly believe I would go to this much trouble, including regular reports to a government agency, if I hadn't already tried "stop"?  I've even tried stop with all manner of colorful language following it. As for the same issue with another carrier, let me explain more fully.  In order end this frustration it appears I will have to change my phone number of 15 years and in so doing certainly lose contact with some family, friends and colleagues.  If I am forced to that drastic action to alleviate this maddening frustration I will certainly not choose a new number with the same carrier that allowed this to continue unchecked. If my company were about to lose a 15 year customer because of some Chinese spammer we would find some way to take action but my complaints have only drawn mild interest from Verizon staff looking to mollify me with canned answers I could have found in FAQ.
Update 8/29: Still getting the same Coach bag spam.  It's apparent that I will have to live with these until my Verizon contract runs out.  I'm not even sending them to 7266 anymore because they ... See more...
Update 8/29: Still getting the same Coach bag spam.  It's apparent that I will have to live with these until my Verizon contract runs out.  I'm not even sending them to 7266 anymore because they are deleted and I have no evidence.  Instead I started reporting them to the FTC at ftccomplaintassistant.com.   Maybe a new complaint every day from the same person will cause someone in the federal government will at least take an interest. 
Update 8/19: still getting these same messages, always a slightly different message but always about Coach bags.  I have sent probably a hundred to Verizon security (7266) with no improvement.  I... See more...
Update 8/19: still getting these same messages, always a slightly different message but always about Coach bags.  I have sent probably a hundred to Verizon security (7266) with no improvement.  I even tried for a while responding with a message letting the owner of that number know it was being used in a scam.  I didn't expect any result from this, just needed an outlet for frustration. 
Re: sprmankalel - read the original post.  My issue is that I send them to 7266 4-5 days a week and they don't stop.
If I add the spammer to my contacts my security software will recognize them as a legitimate sender and not block any malware from them, which could be exactly what they are hoping for.  It seems... See more...
If I add the spammer to my contacts my security software will recognize them as a legitimate sender and not block any malware from them, which could be exactly what they are hoping for.  It seems a good suggestion to keep from sending these to 7266 every day or two but sounds dangerous in the long run.
Thank you for the response.  The sender's number is always a 10 digit US phone number but never the same one twice.  This has been going on for at least a month now, seems more like two months.  ... See more...
Thank you for the response.  The sender's number is always a 10 digit US phone number but never the same one twice.  This has been going on for at least a month now, seems more like two months.  I've saved the last couple on the phone for reference; the hyperlink display text is www.coachmart.us though I've never clicked it to find out if that's where it truly links.  Looks like a foreign sender because the prices advertised are always in "USD" instead of just $. 
Every day I get a spam text message from the same source advertising Coach bags but the sender's number is always different, obviously randomly generated.  I report them as spam right away but I'... See more...
Every day I get a spam text message from the same source advertising Coach bags but the sender's number is always different, obviously randomly generated.  I report them as spam right away but I'm really tired of having to do this every morning.  A number block is obviously ineffective and Verizon is apparently not investing resources in stopping it.