Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,494 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

evol073's Posts

That is your notification light usually blinks if there is a notification even if its a hidden notification try clearing all
You may have something wrong with the sim card in the device. If you go to a corporate verizon store they should give you a free sim card. a retailer will charge you. or else its a motherboard re... See more...
You may have something wrong with the sim card in the device. If you go to a corporate verizon store they should give you a free sim card. a retailer will charge you. or else its a motherboard related issue as to whether it is the sim card tray or the cellular card on the motherboard. If that is the case best option is to seek replacement. I hope this helps
As long as it is a verizon phone it what is called GSM unlocked which is the network type used everywhere else in the world except the U.S. which uses both CDMA and GSM. In many cases the sim... See more...
As long as it is a verizon phone it what is called GSM unlocked which is the network type used everywhere else in the world except the U.S. which uses both CDMA and GSM. In many cases the sim card can be inserted and will work for calls but may not activate on data if you purchased a data plan. In order to get it to work on data you will need to add an access point name on the phone you will go to settings>mobile networks> access point names>add then you will fill in the fields with that networks information this site seems to have most of them. Internet, MMS, Data APN Configuration Settings for Networks Around the World - APN Settings Search Engine I hope I was able to help
If you are using iMessage it actually sends messages from other Apple devices over the internet depending on your settings. So when you are connected to wifi it sends over wifi and when you are n... See more...
If you are using iMessage it actually sends messages from other Apple devices over the internet depending on your settings. So when you are connected to wifi it sends over wifi and when you are not it sends over data you can change it by going to setting>iMessage and it should have an option for send via sms I hope this helps
Did they give you a brand new SIM card when you got the 6S? If they used the same one from your 5S (which they should not have) then you have a bad sim card. Do you put on any cases or anythi... See more...
Did they give you a brand new SIM card when you got the 6S? If they used the same one from your 5S (which they should not have) then you have a bad sim card. Do you put on any cases or anything. Certain ones may block your microphone just right to make it sound like its cutting out. Otherwise its a long shot but you may have gotten a defective unit and could have it replaced via apple warranty. The 6S Plus does have more amplifiers (because of its size) but if it was sudden then its most likely your sim card they do wear out over time. I hope this helps
Sounds like a software issue. Likely a app that you downloaded didn't install correctly or an update messed it up. Best solution is to start uninstalling apps (newest first) until the issue goes ... See more...
Sounds like a software issue. Likely a app that you downloaded didn't install correctly or an update messed it up. Best solution is to start uninstalling apps (newest first) until the issue goes away or else factory reset the phone and see if that resolves the issue. You could also try clearing cache data (long shot but worth a try I guess) by going to settings>storage and tap cache data and select clear to clear it if all else fails it deletes junk files your phone is builds up. Hope I was able to help.
I apologize that information about the download booster settings is wrong if you have updated to lollipop in order to turn that off you actually need to go to settings>more networks and should be... See more...
I apologize that information about the download booster settings is wrong if you have updated to lollipop in order to turn that off you actually need to go to settings>more networks and should be right on top sorry about that
I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your question but I am going to try and help because maybe I do. I'm not sure if you mean your wifi is intermittent and is cutting out or disconnecting ... See more...
I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your question but I am going to try and help because maybe I do. I'm not sure if you mean your wifi is intermittent and is cutting out or disconnecting or if you mean its using both data and wifi to do everything First I check in your drop down menu to see if download booster is on. The galaxy S5 was the first device they released with the feature of being able to download on both data and wifi at the same time to improve download speeds but at the expense of battery life and data charges (carriers probably helped influence this becoming a thing) Less common known fact is that it was very common for that feature to actually be turned on by default. If your wifi is intermittent there is a couple of possibilities. 1. You need to update some component of your home network. Do you use it on other wifi networks and have any issues or does it seem to stay connected to the other networks? One of your network devices may be failing or may just need reset usually a small button on it or else you can just unplug it for like 30 seconds itll take about a minute to get back on but usually helps. 2. If the device doesn't stay connected to other networks either then there may be an issue with device itself. There is three possibilities      1. There's something wrong with the software on the device. Solution would be to factory reset the device      2. The wifi amplifying antenna has gone bad. Consult a local repair center about possible replacement.      3. The wifi chip has gone bad. There seems to be a large amount of phones released around the same era as the galaxy s5 that seem to have wifi card failure (LG, Apple, Samsung, ect.) usually that results in you not being able to turn on the wifi but may result in intermittent until they do fail. 2 and 3 could also be from having your phone repaired. Have you had a repair center repair anything in your phone? They may have damaged something. Or else have you filed an insurance claim on the device and they sent you a "New" phone? That phone is not actually new it is a refurbished phone and was probably done by a lazy tech being pushed to make a quota. They just tell you its new as a sales gimmick. Sorry guys gotta love the fine print. I hope I was able to help with your issue. Feel free to pick my brain with other questions.
Verizon is always the last one to release updates. They have so much extra [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] in their phones that they have to account for. It will take ... See more...
Verizon is always the last one to release updates. They have so much extra [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] in their phones that they have to account for. It will take some time unfortunately but be patient it will come.
Unfortunately when the WiFi grays out and doesn't want you to turn it on if you will (or as you kinda said earlier gets stuck in limbo and doesn't do anything) in most cases it turns out to be th... See more...
Unfortunately when the WiFi grays out and doesn't want you to turn it on if you will (or as you kinda said earlier gets stuck in limbo and doesn't do anything) in most cases it turns out to be the wifi and bluetooth chip on your motherboard (are you able to use bluetooth?) in rare cases its one of the amplifing antennas are unplugged but usually if thats the case it'll turn on but your signal will be bad. Usually if its the wifi chip it can be repaired but depending how much you like your phone it may be worth fixing. You could contact a local repair center and ask them if they offer the service of reflowing wifi chips. If they do not know or are unsure what you mean DO NOT LET THEM TRY! It is a risky repair and they are more than likely inexperienced techs if they don't know that. I hope I was able to help feel free to pick my mind for other questions
Unfortunately not. The gyroscope and proximity sensor are all mounted to the motherboard of the Galaxy S5. The replacement process is extremely high risk and most technicians would not be able to... See more...
Unfortunately not. The gyroscope and proximity sensor are all mounted to the motherboard of the Galaxy S5. The replacement process is extremely high risk and most technicians would not be able to perform the task correctly. It requires some very specialized micro soldering and that does not come cheap. On top of the fact that the only way to get to your motherboard in that phone is to remove your LCD screen which in most cases of an unskilled technician would end up in LCD damage. You may be able to sell it to a local repair center for parts. Just don't tell them too much about the motherboard failure and they may pay more for it.