Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,326 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tnsirmans's Posts

my phone responded to a message while it was in the car by itself.  No one had access to it. How could this happen?  It said "I am not a problem with the site check out the help of a new one to y... See more...
my phone responded to a message while it was in the car by itself.  No one had access to it. How could this happen?  It said "I am not a problem with the site check out the help of a new one to you soon soon soon to be a good time time to to send you a call call me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me a few days ago and the last two weeks in may and am interested in a way for the sue of thindividual 6e."
I did reflash my phone back to JellyBean.  The issues went away for me.  The only problem is eventually the phone starts pushing for you to take the KitKat OTA.  Everytime you wake the device, yo... See more...
I did reflash my phone back to JellyBean.  The issues went away for me.  The only problem is eventually the phone starts pushing for you to take the KitKat OTA.  Everytime you wake the device, you have to dismiss the notification.  I will look into T-Mobile.  In my area, Verizon has always been the preferred carrier for coverage.  Hopefully they have increased their around here.  Thanks for the tip.
I have lived in the same place for 8 years.  I have had multiple phones, basic and smartphones.  I have always had very good service at my home, cellular and data.  Ever since the kitkat update w... See more...
I have lived in the same place for 8 years.  I have had multiple phones, basic and smartphones.  I have always had very good service at my home, cellular and data.  Ever since the kitkat update was sent out, this can no longer be said.  I can not talk on my phone inside of my house.  I barley have 3G data, let alone 4G.  A lot of times it is on 1X, with barley in signal.  I have done a factory reset numerous times.  I have tried new SIM cards.  I have booted into safe mode to rule apps.  Nothing works.  This exact phone worked fine until it received the kitkat update.  My signal issues did not start until kitkat.  The signal is poor most of the time.  One bar at best, sometimes no service at all, including data.  I have always had at least 3G here.  Now, sometimes I don't even have that, only 1X.  I did have 4G sometimes prior to kitkat.  I never have 4G after the update when I am at home.  If I didn't have WIFI in my home, my data connection would be useless.  What good is a phone if I can't use it at home.  Remember, this has NEVER been a problem in the past.  My phone gets upgraded, then the trouble starts.  I know when this phone received kitkat, the device's radio was upgraded to a new baseband.  The baseband in JellyBean 4.3 worked just fine, good signal.  This has become very frustrating and has been going on for several months.  Any suggestions besides the standard ones like factory reset or new SIM card?  The GPS doesn't work properly and the battery has very poor life with kitkat as well.  As far as the GPS I have made sure high accuracy is turned on everytime.  When and if it finds my location, the location is way wrong and can take several minutes to find the actual location.  The battery, I know I know.  All I know is, before kitkat, AWESOME battery.  I went 3 days once on a single charge.  Now, I'm lucky to make it a day.  I have location off unless I need it.  I have the Google Now stuff turned off as well.  All to try and help the batery life.  Part of the problem is it searches for signal more than it should.  I just want my phone to work again, like it did with JellyBean 4.3.  I am getting a call as we speak, and it is the third dropped call today.  Every day I receive voice mails, and the phone never rings.  This mostly happens when I am at home.  Enough is enough.  PLEASE FIX THIS DEVICE!!!!
I have service issues on my LG G2, KitKat 4.4.  This has been going on since my phone took the update several months ago.  I am the primary line and the only line with unlimited data.  I am curio... See more...
I have service issues on my LG G2, KitKat 4.4.  This has been going on since my phone took the update several months ago.  I am the primary line and the only line with unlimited data.  I am curious about this.  Although, my troubles started as soon as Verizon sent the KitKat update.  I have had many phones, including this one(pre kitkit) and NEVER had signal issues, cellular or data.  Now, I can not talk on the phone in my house and hardly ever have a data connection other than WIFI.  I have done a factory reset numerous times, you know, because that is a fix all according to Verizon....A few months ago, I had a Verizon rep call to talk about there share everything plans.  I immediately told him I was satisfied with my current plan and hung up.  The coverage is fine in most places, so I'm inclined to think it is my phone, specifically the radio that was updated causing my problem at home.  I do find your question interesting and would not put it past Verizon.  I refuse to pay more money for less data.  I unfortunately have a line still under contract or else I would be moving on because Verizon seems to only care about one thing, and it is not there customers.  My wife has the same phone, but her line was added on when they offered double the data for $30.  She doesn't seem to have the issues here at our house like I do.  So, that could lead me to believe you could be on to something.  What ever the problem, I'm sure Verizon will take care of it........right????  Oh wait, forgot who I was talking about.
I have similar issues with my device.  This phone was awesome until Verzion sent the KitKat 4.4.2 update.  When I took the update, I immediately done a factory reset.  Since then, my battery has ... See more...
I have similar issues with my device.  This phone was awesome until Verzion sent the KitKat 4.4.2 update.  When I took the update, I immediately done a factory reset.  Since then, my battery has gone from lasting almost 3 days, to barely a day.  The update to the radio is the worst part.  I used to have no problem talking on my phone in my house.  Always had 3G, sometimes 4G.  Now, the phone stays on 1X most of the time when I am home and I have to go outside to even talk on the phone with someone.  Since I pay Verzion SO MUCH hard earned money, maybe, MAYBE, they could get there "engineers" to earn there money and fix the problem with the radio.  I have never in the several years of having Verizon service had an issue talking on the phone inside my home. Take a hint Verizon.......your update to the LG G2 killed it!!!  I have done several resets with the same result.  This is the same SIM card I have had for almost 2 years.  Don't see how that can be the problem.  My wife has this phone, my mother has the phone.  Guess what????  We all have the same issues.  Maybe your "engineers" that think they know what there doing ought to go back the drawing board.......I know you can't fix OS issues, but you sure can fix the radio and battery issues. 
Yes, I knew I could do that.  The point is Motorola taking away the support.  That just frustrates me.  Why would you take away support and create a problem with the only solution being to replac... See more...
Yes, I knew I could do that.  The point is Motorola taking away the support.  That just frustrates me.  Why would you take away support and create a problem with the only solution being to replace hardware, which means spending money for some?   
So, factory reset does not fix it (shocking I know.)  No support for my DSL gateway from the manufacturer.  Nice.  After doing more digging, this is not isolated to just the D4, but all devices r... See more...
So, factory reset does not fix it (shocking I know.)  No support for my DSL gateway from the manufacturer.  Nice.  After doing more digging, this is not isolated to just the D4, but all devices receiving JellyBean.  Apparently, Motorola decided not to put in some support in this update for certain models of routers.  Mine just happens to be on that list.  Thanks Motorola.  Here are some models I found to not be compatible with JB: Actiontec Gt724-WG Netgear DG834GT Netgear DG934G (Sky Version) Lynksys WRTP54G Motorola Netopia 3347-02 Siemens gigaset SE567 Actiontec GT701 -WG Westell VersaLink 327W Maybe this will help some in trying to diagnose the problem, or make you as mad as I am.
I did try to forget the network.  When I do, the signal strength goes up to excellent.  When I try to reconnect, the signal strength is reduce to so much that the phone will not connect.  Tried s... See more...
I did try to forget the network.  When I do, the signal strength goes up to excellent.  When I try to reconnect, the signal strength is reduce to so much that the phone will not connect.  Tried several times.  Funny how a factory reset seems to always be the "magic fix."  I can not buy a new router (wouldn't anyways).  I have to use a specific kind of router/gateway combo for my ISP, therefore I rent my router from them.  Besides, there should be no reason to buy a new router when the one a have worked just fine before the update.  I will check for firmware updates though.  It would be easier if Verizon or Motorola would fix what they broke, considering the amount of money we pay them.
I've read about the same problem with the other phones running JB.  Some suggest replacing the router.  We shouldn't have to replace the router.  The wifi radio on my D4 had excellent strength un... See more...
I've read about the same problem with the other phones running JB.  Some suggest replacing the router.  We shouldn't have to replace the router.  The wifi radio on my D4 had excellent strength until the JB update and now the signal is poor.  Anyone else find that odd?  Could it be that Verizon/Motorola is the problem????  Has anyone experiencing the same issue found any possible solutions?