Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,245 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

diversification's Posts

In case anyone ever stumbles upon this thread, here's the fix. 1. Long press the phone app 2. Click the little circled 'i' (which stands for 'info') - this will bring you to the App Info screen for... See more...
In case anyone ever stumbles upon this thread, here's the fix. 1. Long press the phone app 2. Click the little circled 'i' (which stands for 'info') - this will bring you to the App Info screen for the Phone app 3. Click the Force Stop button 4. Click Storage & Cache 5. Click Clear Cache The issue should now be fixed.  I'm pretty embarrassed that I had to message support to get that figured out, but to their credit they were very quick to respond, and directed me to that solution very quickly.  Thanks Verizon Support, and sorry for wasting your time - that should've been the very first thing I tried, even before a reboot.  Ugh. Well at least it's fixed.  Onwards we go!
https://community.verizon.com/t5/Google/Pixel-2-XL-3-way-call-not-working/td-p/1124506 ^^ This thread was closed a few years ago, but some of us still have the Pixel 2 XL, and still have this issue,... See more...
https://community.verizon.com/t5/Google/Pixel-2-XL-3-way-call-not-working/td-p/1124506 ^^ This thread was closed a few years ago, but some of us still have the Pixel 2 XL, and still have this issue, so I am "re-opening" this closed thread by starting a new one. I'm running a Pixel 2 XL on the final Android 10.0.0 Factory Image that was released for the Pixel 2 XL (QQ3A.200805.001, Aug 2020).  When I call one person, click "Add Call", then call a second person, and click "Merge Calls" it fails miserably, and instead of properly bringing all 3 of us together, it seems to drop the initial call, and in its place calls my voicemail.  "Please enter your password and then press pound" just keeps repeating, and I'm forced to end the calls.  Annoyingly, a family member who owns an iPhone purchased at the exact same time that I bought my Pixel 2 XL can merge calls without hassle.  They are on my family plan with the exact same service as me.
vzw_customer_support​ I appreciate the response.  The parks mentioned (named Barker Commons) are located on either side of the section of Temple Street that's located between Main Street and Chur... See more...
vzw_customer_support​ I appreciate the response.  The parks mentioned (named Barker Commons) are located on either side of the section of Temple Street that's located between Main Street and Church Street in Fredonia, NY 14063. I've attempted to embed a Google maps view for your convenience.  As noted, the name of the park is Barker Commons, and a Google or Bing search for "Barker Commons, Fredonia, NY" should find you the general area I'm describing.   If that doesn't work you can also enter the following GPS coordinates: 42.440007, -79.331488, which should show up as 1 West Main Street, Fredonia, NY 14063.  The affected area appears to be centered right around here as far as I can tell, and seems to extend about 2 to 3 miles in each direction.  <iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d1471.8194111782172!2d-79.33294092343196!3d42.440402559459514!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x89d2cb810d06ab6d%3A0xd874fa80ee221a3!2sBarker+Commons%2C+Church+St%2C+Fredonia%2C+NY+14063!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1472580988145" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Thanks
Hi Andrew, I have a Galaxy S4.  Other devices that my friends and family own which have been tested in the locations with problems are the Galaxy S5, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, Galaxy S7, and a co... See more...
Hi Andrew, I have a Galaxy S4.  Other devices that my friends and family own which have been tested in the locations with problems are the Galaxy S5, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, Galaxy S7, and a couple others I believe.  All of the devices have had the same experience, namely that calls can still be made, but data is either completely absent (won't even find 4g / LTE) or there is an extremely weak 3G connection that allows almost no data transfer and drops frequently.  Other areas around town still work fine (ie. strong 4G / LTE) so there must have been some recent change that affected this specific high-traffic area of town. This past weekend there was an event in the park that's located right where the service is having the issue.  I asked a number of strangers who were looking at their phones if they had issues with data and they responded that they did.  Those who said they had issues all responded that they had Verizon, and those that didn't had either Sprint or AT&T.  I really don't want to have to switch, but if this doesn't get resolved pretty soon I can tell you that anyone who works or lives in this area is going to start looking for new service. FYI, this park is frequently used for events like the one I just mentioned.  It's also located right next to City Hall and the police station, so they're affected as well.
This is the second time this issue has arisen - the 4G coverage has gone from being quite good to nonexistent in downtown Fredonia.  Here's my post about the previous issue: 4G LTE coverage fa... See more...
This is the second time this issue has arisen - the 4G coverage has gone from being quite good to nonexistent in downtown Fredonia.  Here's my post about the previous issue: 4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)? The issue began around 11:00PM EST (give or take an hour) on 08/18/16 and continues to persist.  It went from having strong 4G LTE coverage downtown (let's call it the intersection of Main St & Water St) to having almost no coverage whatsoever.  The only data available is now 3G (which is horrendously slow) and 1X for text and voice.  Often, the 3G signal will drop out as well.  Please provide a swift resolution to this issue and take steps to insure it does not happen again.  The Fredonia State students will be back in about a week and I guarantee you do not want a bunch of irate parents calling in and screaming about their kids not having data. Thanks.
I just lost 4G as well.  I'm in the 14063 area code.  This is not the first time this has happened: 4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)? Please advise.
Verizon Wireless Customer Support Did you guys do something?  The service appears to have returned to its previous state.  Could you tell me what was wrong?  Just curious, and would like a bit... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support Did you guys do something?  The service appears to have returned to its previous state.  Could you tell me what was wrong?  Just curious, and would like a bit of extra info to tell my friends and family. Thanks
Yes, I have had friends and family test it.  They have noticed the same issues, and can replicate my experience exactly when testing the affected areas. However, it does appear that service is st... See more...
Yes, I have had friends and family test it.  They have noticed the same issues, and can replicate my experience exactly when testing the affected areas. However, it does appear that service is still available in certain areas -- when one moves north / northwest a few miles, the 4G service appears to return, albeit less reliably than prior to this past Monday.  We have not had a chance to do more extensive testing, of the area at large, but the heavily trafficked area of downtown Fredonia is most definitely affected, which is a major issue.  If this issue continues, you can bet that there will be a major uproar when the next large event comes to the parks, downtown.
Hi there, on 02/08/16 the service in Fredonia, NY changed dramatically.  It went from having strong 4G LTE coverage downtown (let's call it the intersection of Main St & Water St) to having almos... See more...
Hi there, on 02/08/16 the service in Fredonia, NY changed dramatically.  It went from having strong 4G LTE coverage downtown (let's call it the intersection of Main St & Water St) to having almost no coverage whatsoever.  The only data available is now 3G (which is horrendously slow) and 1X for stuff like text and voice.  Often, the 3G signal will drop out as well.  When I called, I was told that there were no changes and no issues -- this is clearly untrue because service doesn't just change that dramatically.  If I don't get a resolution in the next few days, I'm going to start approaching community authorities who have more sway than I do.  I doubt they'll appreciate Verizon being deceitful with the local market. Anyone else in the area have this issue?