I can receive notifications on my watch from every app installed on my phone, except for Message+. I do not use other messaging apps on my phone or my watch. Everything worked fine until I un... See more...
I can receive notifications on my watch from every app installed on my phone, except for Message+. I do not use other messaging apps on my phone or my watch. Everything worked fine until I uninstalled Verizon Messages from my watch. Now: I no longer get notifications on my watch for SMS/MMS (even though it is set in the Wear OS App to send the notifications). I no longer can install Verizon Messages on my watch.  It states that "Your device isn't compatible with this version." As stated previously: I have a Samsung Note 8, running Android OS 7.1.1 and a Moto 360 Sport running Android Wear 2.17.
simplepinoi177​, after you get adb to install Message+, do the notifications at least start to work again?  After I unwittingly uninstalled Message+, no matter what I've tried, I don't get SMS/MM... See more...
simplepinoi177​, after you get adb to install Message+, do the notifications at least start to work again?  After I unwittingly uninstalled Message+, no matter what I've tried, I don't get SMS/MMS Notifications sent to my watch; even though it is enabled in the Wear OS App.
That makes 2 of us in this thread, with the exact same equipment.  Not to mention all of the others experiencing this with other equipment. A simple answer as to why we could load Message+ on ... See more...
That makes 2 of us in this thread, with the exact same equipment.  Not to mention all of the others experiencing this with other equipment. A simple answer as to why we could load Message+ on our watches before, and now it doesn't even appear in the watch's Play Store, would be a good start!
I stopped receiving new texts in the app on the watch.  I also could not send new messages from the app on the watch. That said, however, I was still receiving new notifications, and could rep... See more...
I stopped receiving new texts in the app on the watch.  I also could not send new messages from the app on the watch. That said, however, I was still receiving new notifications, and could reply via the notifications. I first tried clearing the cache, then the data, however it didn't change the behavior.  This is when I uninstalled the app from the watch.  When I tried to reinstall the app on the watch, it is no longer listed in the Play Store on the watch.  To make matters worse, now that the app is no longer on the watch, I no longer receive notifications on the watch for new messages.  I have verified that Wear OS -> Notifications -> Message+ , is enabled to send notifications.
I have a Samsung Note 8, running Android OS 7.1.1 and a Moto 360 Sport running Android Wear 2.17. The Message+ App on my watch stopped working in December 2017 (presumably when I updated the And... See more...
I have a Samsung Note 8, running Android OS 7.1.1 and a Moto 360 Sport running Android Wear 2.17. The Message+ App on my watch stopped working in December 2017 (presumably when I updated the Android Wear OS).  However, notifications continued to work, and I could reply from notifications. Yesterday, I unwittingly decided to try to fix this.  I first cleared the Message+ app cache on the watch. That did not help, so I tried to clear the Message+ app data on the watch.  That too, did not help.  At this point, the Message+ app was still on my watch, and the Message+ notifications still worked.  I then uninstalled the Message+ app from my watch.  When I went to the Play Store on my watch to reinstall it, I noticed that it was not there!  I no longer receive notifications on my watch for SMS/MMS; even though Message+ is set to send notifications in the Wear OS app on my phone. I only then started to search the internet to find that Verizon has been sitting on this for 7-10 months now, and done nothing to remedy it!  This is completely absurd!! It's bad enough that Verizon never updated the Message+ app on the watch to utilize the new inputs (keyboard & handwriting) that Google started including in the new Wear OS, but dropping support for wearables all together is completely unacceptable!
It looks like "SMS Time Fix" is to address the old issues of Timezone offsets not working properly. I did find an app called "SMS Timestamper Fix" on the market that is suppose to help address t... See more...
It looks like "SMS Time Fix" is to address the old issues of Timezone offsets not working properly. I did find an app called "SMS Timestamper Fix" on the market that is suppose to help address this issue.   Google really needs to store both times in the message database and make them available to the applications.   I also ran across this patch which is suppose to patch the Android OS to store the sent time as opposed to the received time.   You can also follow this as Issue 2989 over at Google.
Can you tell me how you got Handcent to show you when your received texts were actually sent from the original sender?  I've been using Handcent and can not find a way for it to display this.   ... See more...
Can you tell me how you got Handcent to show you when your received texts were actually sent from the original sender?  I've been using Handcent and can not find a way for it to display this.  ¡Gracias!