Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,474 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Devs_Advocate's Posts

It sounds like something is wrong with the router.  We have the same one here and run multiple VPNs through it all day long.  Have you set up the log feature so you can see what is happening when it ... See more...
It sounds like something is wrong with the router.  We have the same one here and run multiple VPNs through it all day long.  Have you set up the log feature so you can see what is happening when it disconnects?  That may help out with figuring out why as well.
Unfortunately, that's what some of the sales people are telling customers in order to get their commission.  It isn't a true statement as I purchased my handset from a major retail store and get ... See more...
Unfortunately, that's what some of the sales people are telling customers in order to get their commission.  It isn't a true statement as I purchased my handset from a major retail store and get service in my local VZW store.  If it were me, I would lodge a complaint with their manager and district manager to, hopefully, prevent the sales people from saying such things.
It's probably not static but is just assigned to you for now.  I had the same one for around a year before it just changed on a reboot.  You shouldn't need a new IP address unless you're having troub... See more...
It's probably not static but is just assigned to you for now.  I had the same one for around a year before it just changed on a reboot.  You shouldn't need a new IP address unless you're having troubles with connections all of the time.  I perused the manual for the Actiontek router and the only thing I can see is in the Parental controls, there is a Schedule Rules section.  Go to that screen and make sure you don't have any rules set up that could be causing it to auto refresh.  If that doesn't work, I'd advise either restoring the factory defaults or calling tech support to have them restore it back for you.  As far as I know, there should be no default reason for it to be auto restarting and as someone that does most of my computer work overnight, I can imagine how frustrating it would be.
Username should be admin as well.
You can hook it up with the USB cable and import it through BB Desktop.
I looked in the manuals to make sure before answering but it looks like by default, there is no password given so if it's asking for one, it's probably referring to the one you set up for Enterpr... See more...
I looked in the manuals to make sure before answering but it looks like by default, there is no password given so if it's asking for one, it's probably referring to the one you set up for Enterprise.  That is also assuming that you did all of the setup of your BlackBerry and didn't have any of the IT folks at your work do it for you.  When I set up phones for the folks at work, I always give them a password to prevent theft of proprietary information.
If you log into your router, using the 192.168.1.1 address, and check out all of the tabs and see if there is a section that talks about schedules or usage controls.  (I'm being vague because I'm not... See more...
If you log into your router, using the 192.168.1.1 address, and check out all of the tabs and see if there is a section that talks about schedules or usage controls.  (I'm being vague because I'm not sure of which router you have or which interface it has but most have this sort of thing).  If you can find a schedule, it may have an entry to make it release your IP address and get a new one at midnight.  IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer from Verizon (like 173.74.192.180).  Sometimes web servers send requests for information about your IP address and it gets "clogged" with data.  Refreshing daily helps to prevent the "clogging" as it gives you a new IP address and/or releases the data pileup. If you need more help or can't find the tab or log into the router, I can look up some information for you if I have a model name and number of your router. Hope this helps.
Have you already set up Google calendars through your mobile setup?   I haven't synced with Google calendars but all of my appointments sync up well with Outlook.
Yeah, it sounds like you're going to have to call the store.  I've never had to downgrade via *228 so I wasn't sure.
You can dial *228 from the phone you would like to switch to and go through the activation prompts to switch to the new phone but I would call customer service to make sure they take off the BB d... See more...
You can dial *228 from the phone you would like to switch to and go through the activation prompts to switch to the new phone but I would call customer service to make sure they take off the BB data plan correctly.  That and watch your next bill to make sure you're not charged extra for data.
Change your theme back to the original one included with your phone.  It's in the settings folder.
You have to have the plan for a blackberry.  There is no way around it other than replacing your Storm with a non-smartphone.
The only other idea I would have is to do a fresh reinstall of the operating system.  If you do a search on the boards, there is a post that tells how to do that.
Did you try a battery pull yet?  If so, you can try to refresh your service books through your options menu.
I'm not sure about when they're supposed to release the new update to the Storm software, nor do I know anything that the new update is supposed to fix.  I do know that with the current software ... See more...
I'm not sure about when they're supposed to release the new update to the Storm software, nor do I know anything that the new update is supposed to fix.  I do know that with the current software on the Storm2 you can combine all of your messages in the "Global Messages" folder which shows all of my SMS, MMS, email and facebook notifications/messages in one place while still having individual email folders.  I thought it was one of the great features of the storm, personally.
Log into your router and see if it has a scheduled refresh set up.  It sounds like it was set up to refresh/renew at midnight and restart the router to prevent problems and because it's generally a g... See more...
Log into your router and see if it has a scheduled refresh set up.  It sounds like it was set up to refresh/renew at midnight and restart the router to prevent problems and because it's generally a good practice.  If it is, set it up for a later time when it will be unnoticed or just turn the scheduling off.
All we did to use my own router was replicated the MAC address from the router that Verizon gave us onto my router and it works like a charm.  You can log into the router they give you and find the M... See more...
All we did to use my own router was replicated the MAC address from the router that Verizon gave us onto my router and it works like a charm.  You can log into the router they give you and find the MAC address, write it down and on your router that you want to use, there is a place where it asks how you want the MAC address to be used.  Either the one assigned or a custom one.  Just put in the characters from the Verizon one, restart the router and plug it in the same way the Verizon one is and voilà.  They won't know the difference.
I've had my Storm 2 for about two months now and I love it.  I heard some people say that they didn't like the S2 with the surepress screen but I find that it makes me more accurate with my scree... See more...
I've had my Storm 2 for about two months now and I love it.  I heard some people say that they didn't like the S2 with the surepress screen but I find that it makes me more accurate with my screen presses becuase it doesn't select something without me "confirming" my selection by pressing the screen in.  Plus I can type faster on that screen than I could on my Omnia and even on the Env3 that I use for work. It's a great phone in my opinion and I am glad that I finally took the dive and got it.
I have been scouring the internet, looking for some sort of solution but keep coming up empty.  The only things I've found are:   1.  You can go into the security settings and turn on the optio... See more...
I have been scouring the internet, looking for some sort of solution but keep coming up empty.  The only things I've found are:   1.  You can go into the security settings and turn on the option to block SMS and MMS messages but there are a few problems with that.  You can't schedule when it blocks so it's pretty much blocked from the time you turn it on until you turn it off.  You also lose any message that comes in when it's turned on and can't get them back so if there is something important sent when blocked, you won't see what it is.   2.  You can go to the Blackberry site and the Contact Us page and send an email to them requesting an app to be made to regulate it.  That type of development isn't my speed but I'm sure they would send an email out to the community seeing if anyone is willing to create an app and would probably get an answer.  I know on some of the development boards I belong to, we get emails all the time from manufacturers with user requests so you can give it a shot.   Sorry that I can't get a better answer for you about this but I will keep looking around.
The CDMA network that Verizon uses doesn't allow for simultaneous data/voice communication.