I have the iPhone 5C and do not like it at all. I will be willing to pay $200 to leave, but not the full ETF.
No, there has not been a resolution ticket filed to my knowledge.
I was a valued customer with Verizon a few years ago and then after a while I switched to a prepaid service so that I could pay my way through nursing school. I decided to give Verizon another tr... See more...
I was a valued customer with Verizon a few years ago and then after a while I switched to a prepaid service so that I could pay my way through nursing school. I decided to give Verizon another try and rejoined back in July and I can honestly say this was the WORST choice I made. My calls continue to drop ALL the time. I literally have to stand OUTSIDE in my yard in the cold to be able to talk to my boyfriend who is in the military. I have been offered a "discount" on a network extended and still would need to pay $175-$200 but with all the reviews I have read, I don't even think I want to give it a try. I would just throw more money to this company that they don't need.  I just want out of my contract so I can go to Virgin Mobile where their service is 1,000 times better, affordable and their customer service actually resolves issues instead of doing nothing for you. This is honestly the worst service I have received. The coverage map even says I should be 100% covered with NO problem. I do not want to pay the $350 ETF and do not feel that with my circumstance, I should not have to pay $350. Worst choice ever. Worst service ever. Please do not try and "make it right" by offering me stuff. I made my mind up and I want out of my contract. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do?