I am on the phone with them right now. I am having this issue in Norfolk, VA.The first rep has already told me that there is an issue with Razr and intermittent data problems. I have already h... Ver más...
I am on the phone with them right now. I am having this issue in Norfolk, VA.The first rep has already told me that there is an issue with Razr and intermittent data problems. I have already hard reset the phone. I have replaced the SIM card also. I have changed the modes to CDMA/LTE I have switched airplane mode on and off to force a reconnect. This issue is the same issue I had with my DROID Bionic. They gave me the Razr to fix that phone. I think I am done with Motorola. Update They logged into my phone and are doing tests. Look at that, the damn thing is running just fine and running fast.Loaded pages fast and moved through the web fast. My download speed test came in at 4.94
I have switched from by BIONIC.  I was able to simply use the volume buttons to silence all ringer and notifications. It was great. Now, on my MAXX I have to go into sound and lower notificati... Ver más...
I have switched from by BIONIC.  I was able to simply use the volume buttons to silence all ringer and notifications. It was great. Now, on my MAXX I have to go into sound and lower notifications.  The ringer does turn down with the volume buttons.  I know I can make a shortcut to sound on my home page. Am I missing something? Thanks!!!
My issues have been resolved and resolved well! My BIONIC was replaced with the RAZR MAXX.  I am not in a new contract and I am still in my unlimited plan. Everything is running great now and ... Ver más...
My issues have been resolved and resolved well! My BIONIC was replaced with the RAZR MAXX.  I am not in a new contract and I am still in my unlimited plan. Everything is running great now and I am happy it all turned out well. IMO, After speaking with Verizon, ICS is NOT coming to the BIONIC.
My issues have been resolved and resolved well! My BIONIC was replaced with the RAZR MAXX.  I am not in a new contract and I am still in my unlimited plan. Everything is running great now and ... Ver más...
My issues have been resolved and resolved well! My BIONIC was replaced with the RAZR MAXX.  I am not in a new contract and I am still in my unlimited plan. Everything is running great now and I am happy it all turned out well. IMO, After speaking with Verizon, ICS is NOT coming to the BIONIC.
I have been with them over 10 years and I am finally fed up.  I am looking at options. I am still on an unlimited plan.  I rarely go above 4gb a month.  So the new tiered plans would cost me more... Ver más...
I have been with them over 10 years and I am finally fed up.  I am looking at options. I am still on an unlimited plan.  I rarely go above 4gb a month.  So the new tiered plans would cost me more. I am even considering a prepay phone. Like you, I travel less.  Verizon does care very little about existing customers, that is obvious on the phone and in stores.
I reside in the Norfolk, VA and this issue started about 3 weeks ago. As of 3 days ago it started to get real bad. It will not stay connected.  I have forced my phone into CDMA Mode only. Acco... Ver más...
I reside in the Norfolk, VA and this issue started about 3 weeks ago. As of 3 days ago it started to get real bad. It will not stay connected.  I have forced my phone into CDMA Mode only. According to Verizon Tech Support today: This is an IP configuration problem. Verizon Wireless says there are 3rd party apps that are changing the configuration. I asked what apps and I was only given Advanced Task Killer, which I do not have loaded.  They have stated that ICS will fix the issue, however they will not confirm a release.  Sounds like they do not want to release ICS to older phones and want to force an upgrade. Verizon: I am not upgrading my phone and maybe you need to remove all the CRAP apps you force to my phone.